BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Wedding dress YAY OR NAY?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

It's funny that a subject like this appeared in here. I'm currently on the hunt for my own wedding dress (and trying to keep my budget low). Atm, being a plus size girl doesn't lend me too many options when it comes to wedding dress styles but what do you think about a pear shaped figure in a trumpet gown. I've read so many articles online saying if you're plus sized, just go A-line or ball gown but that's not practical being that my wedding's gonna be in my backyard. 

I was look at something like this:

or 

hhhmm backyard?   not shadin you, but the bottom of your dress won't it get dirty?  I would go with the first one cause there isn't a lot of material like the 2nd one has where u would have to pick it up on the sides and hold it...plus the 2nd one's train is a little longer...or find something similar to the first one but the train not to long....oh shoot just ask RICKYROSE..she is the bridal dress consultant on here...congrats and good luck..
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:49pm
child my SIL had the bridesmaids looking something straight out of Games of thrones..
1.wreaths on our heads
2. cheap earrings that hurt everyone's ears
3. tacky looking bouquets
4. and there was something else she hadus wear...

we were some bitches that day..wtf???? 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:50pm
my girlfriends picked cute dresses for us as bridemaids. They knew better. lol
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

this would be perfect for a renewal. I love it , and the stone in the middle matches perfectly to my  wedding earrings and necklace. I could wear them with this dress as a momento.

this dress is everything. The quiet elegance of it... all the while showing skin. I don't know how the designer pulled this off. This may be my favorite.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 06 2014 at 10:55pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:07pm
@Jolie....yeah that one is very elegant...i think it would look good only ones who don't have a lot of breastessess...how it fits on the model is just perfect..too much cleavage would take away the presence of the dress...

so one up for the itty, bitty , titty club...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

that'2s on the bridesmaid which is why they cry over ugly dresses they'll never wear again LOL
all the "my special day" attention aside, i've never understood this rationale. 

why would you purposefully want your bridesmaids (your beloved friends/family) in (expensive) unflattering dresses and photographic evidence of such? LOL

I have no earthy idea. Is it their "taste"? Or they get caught up in a style that supposedly works for all shapes but does justice to none? The only dress in their color scheme

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:10pm
hhhmm backyard?   not shadin you, but the bottom of your dress won't it get dirty?  I would go with the first one cause there isn't a lot of material like the 2nd one has where u would have to pick it up on the sides and hold it...plus the 2nd one's train is a little longer...or find something similar to the first one but the train not to long....oh shoot just ask RICKYROSE..she is the bridal dress consultant on here...congrats and good luck..

Thanks.

The backyard itself is half brick/half grass and our grass isn't too bad. My DH doesn't mow it too low, so it's mostly like walking on pillows. I'm not sure if I'd be entering from the house or the yard itself tbh. Not only that, but I'd have to get starlettos in order to not get caught in the grass. Atm, it's between our backyard or renting a function room in our residential social club which may jack up the cost for this. It's gonna be a small wedding on this side (like 10-20 ish) and when I renew back in the states, it's gonna be like 100+. I wanna keep the costs down so we're avoiding a lot by doing it this way. At least at this size I could handle all the invitations, the decor, the feast - except that cake, my hair & makeup, & favors. The aussies I know tend to go really big on their weddings. I went to a cousin's wedding and my BIL is about to get married later on this yr and the costs for everything are just cringe worthy. 

Lawd with all that I'm planning on doing, I'm just gonna faint before the wedding night begins.

.....Better do a pre-wedding night instead.LOL

Edited by Kocoa - Jun 06 2014 at 11:11pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:21pm
@Kocoa....sounds very good..I take it u r living in Australia? then have the big wedding back here in the states....will u then be wearing a different dress for the wedding here in the states? what ur doing to keep the costs down is great...when is the wedding? I would enter from the house..don;t have to worry about bugs around you while waiting to walk down the aisle...in the house nice and cool and then enter out in the warm weather..plus u want ur makeup to look fresh also...

pre-wedding nightLOL  you will be perfectly fine..small venue, and not a lot to worry about...
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:21pm

I have no earthy idea. Is it their "taste"? Or they get caught up in a style that supposedly works for all shapes but does justice to none? The only dress in their color scheme
i got nothin. LOL

i've always envisioned that we'd all stick to a color. the style/cut can reflect the woman wearing it. we'll all "go together", no need to "match". hopefully they'd pick something they could wear again...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:29pm
Miss Dior if i were making them it would be another story lol I'm just picking random pics :(

Kocoa Congrats!  If the grass is an issue tea length might work better for you

That way always seem to work best neka but not everyone does it that way

Yes JP there's just something about that dress 

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 06 2014 at 11:31pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training