Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding day and natural hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding day and natural hair
    Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:28pm
Hi everyone..I've been a natural for almost 4 years now. Wedding day is coming in September and I'd like some input if possible. I wanted to get a sew in...kinky straight Malaysian hair for the day. A few acquaintances have told me that natural hair or kinky straight hair wouldn't look nice as it's not a formal hair style. I wanted to wear my hair in a nice updo for the day (slick bun or chignon)

I've been wearing lace fronts and twists outs so I've never played around with formal updo's. Honestly...can kinky straight hair look just as nice in an updo than relaxed hair does? I haven't been able to find any updo's online that I like for natural hair.

I'm posting this topic in another thread so if you see it again yes it's me. :-)

thanks.
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:18pm
see avi
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 7:26pm

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:17am
there are many threads on this, my advice is to wear your own real hair.... but your choice
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:02am
Honestly it really depends on your wedding style in general.

What kind of dress are you looking at wearing? Of course you can wear natural hair with any wedding dress style. But HOW you wear it can definitely be dictated by the style of dress. A super formal big ball gown should probably have a style that looks more "put together" updo-ish. Whereas a relaxed sheath gown will give you more wiggle room.

I'm also getting married this Fall, and am natural. But I'm doing destination wedding in St. Lucia. And with what I've been pinning to my Pinterest board for hairstyles, I'm probably going to go with FLW. Not sure if my hair will be the length that I want by the time Nov rolls around. And in the event that humidity gets the best of me, I don't want to get screwed. With a FLW, I know exactly what to expect.

ETA: KS flw's can be flatironed to look very smooth. See my avi. :)

No offense to your fam, but if they don't have experience with KS, they know not what they speak of! Yes, KS straight out the package from your fave vendor can be overwhelming and not look put together. But if you know what you're doing (or your hairstylist), you can look LAID.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Feb 02 2013 at 3:03am
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:45am
Jazzi not sure if you're on Pinterest...but if you search "natural wedding hair" they have some styles pinned. :)

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=natural+wedding+hair
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:19am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Jazzi not sure if you're on Pinterest...but if you search "natural wedding hair" they have some styles pinned. :)

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=natural+wedding+hair
Thanks model...everytime I typed in natural hair updo's the pic of Anika Noni Rose kept coming up. I got my hair and yes it is overwhelming when I opened the package..but I have to find a good stylist now. Thanks..I'll check out Pinterest and congrats to you!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 10:10am
Congratulations, Ladies on your upcoming nuptials! I see that you have come to a decisionon your hair and that's great! I agree with Model in regards to the type of dress , look, and feel of your wedding in regards to your hair for the big day.

Four years ago when I got married, I was going for a flapper theme for my look. I wore my Cleo in a high puff with pearl accents throughout the look. Our colors were black and white. It was really intimate and beautiful. I think that natural hair can be an elegant look without straightening. It depends on what look your going for on your day!
aromatherapy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aromatherapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:09am
Congratulation dear, well what kind of dress you'll wear. According to that style you should make your hair style. Which suits on your dress.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic