Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Weaves Thanking Randoms Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 850>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Memphisbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Memphisbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:21am
I'm on a "Super get my hair into shape" push before my next install on Nov. 24th.

I'm buying the Megatek today.  Doing an ApHogee 2-Step Protein Treatment tonight.

Anyone got any additional advice for getting my hair into shape over the next 3 weeks? 

Can someone explain the "sealing with oil" process?

I took my extensions out last week (Saturday), and I think I did a pretty good job, but I'm still losing/shedding a lot of hair daily.  More than the average 100 strands a day. 

My husband is looking at my natural hair like "WTF!"Thumbs Down.

Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:27am
about to order this hair from aliexpress and a closure both free shipping wish me luck '
trying to achieve this look 

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:52am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

about to order this hair from aliexpress and a closure both free shipping wish me luck '

[l

You going to dye it that color too?

What color will you be using?

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

[l

You going to dye it that color too?

What color will you be using?

yes starting from a natural brown
butterfly_2957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly_2957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:25am

^^^ That is the look I'm going for, I colored my current install that color with Loreal Excellence Creme HiColor Red Hot & Deep Red Auburn mix, and I just placed my next order with Anson for some Peruvian Body Wave hoping that it gets here by next Friday for FAMU Homcoming!!! 

sucre265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucre265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:56am
Please how can 1 use a closure to form a bang like that?
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Memphisbaby Memphisbaby wrote:

I'm on a "Super get my hair into shape" push before my next install on Nov. 24th.

I'm buying the Megatek today.  Doing an ApHogee 2-Step Protein Treatment tonight.

Anyone got any additional advice for getting my hair into shape over the next 3 weeks? 

I took my extensions out last week (Saturday), and I think I did a pretty good job, but I'm still losing/shedding a lot of hair daily.  More than the average 100 strands a day. 

Please follow the 2 step with the moisturizing conditioner. What moisturizers are you going to be using? The oil sealing process is when you moisturize your hair with a moisturizer or leave in and apply oil to the already moisturized hair to seal in the moisturizer.
SweetEscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

Originally posted by SweetEscape SweetEscape wrote:

Logged in today & I had a pm. Thought is was one of these vets finally responding to one of my pms. Nope, it was bhm. -_-

was it a "congrats you made junior membership " pm?

Sure was! They could have kept that pm!
Memphisbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Memphisbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Originally posted by Memphisbaby Memphisbaby wrote:

Please follow the 2 step with the moisturizing conditioner. What moisturizers are you going to be using? The oil sealing process is when you moisturize your hair with a moisturizer or leave in and apply oil to the already moisturized hair to seal in the moisturizer.

Hey ms.blue, thanks for the response! 

I'm going to be using Giovvani Smooth as Silk deep moisture or Aussie 3 minute miracle as my conditionersafter the 2 step.

Thanks for the info on the oil sealing--so this process is going to leave my hair oily?  And are you supposed to use a leave-in conditioner as the moisturizers or can I use the above as my leave in and then seal?

I was going to user coconut or castor oil as the seal.

Right now I'm bunning it until new install and it is looking all kinds of crazy.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:42pm
Sunshine, congrats on your internship!

AA, that style and color is gorgeous. Hope the vendor's hair and closure are up to par. Please share pics if you like it!

Memphis, your hair shouldn't be oily because you're using a lot. Just enough to coat the moisturized hair and lock that moisture in. Pay special attention go your ends so you won't have breakage! The Aussie 3 minute conditioner has to be rinsed out, so it won't work as a daily moisturizer.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 850>
  Share Topic