Perfect Hair Collection

weave pat down from TSA...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by debg debg wrote:

Originally posted by MooDee MooDee wrote:

have any of yall ladies experienced that? i just flew a domestic flight yesterday....i have a upart with a closure on and they sent a female agent to pat down my scalp ...and in front of all these folks ...i always figured the xray would see that it's not my hair but still. of course some of the other black folk in line were laughing at my pain

yes.......... so?

they check hair, under hats, inside shoes.............   

get over it you were not a victim ok??

Yes, I have had by weave patted by TSA and I feel exactly the same way debg does.
Sponsored Links

SweetEscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 2:56pm
I had my hair patted down during the Thanksgiving holidays. Didn't bother me, I was too focused on flight delays & possibly missing connecting flights to be worried it
peete728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peete728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 3:52pm
Never had a pat down of the hair.  Going through Chicago, and Milwaukee they never said anything, but going through Atlanta, the TSA person just asked if I was wearing hair extensions, but that is as far she went.
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 5:26pm
I hate for people to touch me especially my hair but as long as the 3 white women in front of me get their hair patted down too I have NOOOOOO PROBLEM. LOL
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 5:32pm
To be fair I have seen some weaves that I've felt needed a pat down but I was in Target and felt it would have been inappropriate from me to do so. Sleepy
ryanlou View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:13am
Y'all kill me playing this race card!!!!!! I've patted down all type of weaves and wigs of all races.. if you Got a ponytail the xray pick it up. If you clamp your hands to close to your head it will show up. If u got glasses, clips hell even sweat on your head it pick it up. Hell I guess white men are profiled too huh cause the back of there heads get looked at too y'all kill me stop it with "cause I'm black mess "

Edited by ryanlou - Dec 17 2012 at 9:15am
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:36am
My weave was recently checked going through the Milwaukee airport. I was running a little behind schedule and rushing to put my shoes back on and grab my things. TSA stopped me and I thought to myself "oh crap they about to search my bag". Turns out she just wanted to feel my hair. I immediately thought about the other post that I had read here on BHM about having your weave checked at the airport. So I gave her a show. My weave was about 6weeks old and lifting a little in the back so I pulled up my long hair and exposed some naps and a few raggedy loose braids in the back of my head. She was like okay! okay! okay! I laughed so hard thinking to myself "that's what yo azz get". I thank the member who started the other post, otherwise I would have been offended had I not have known that this is what they do now.
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Kami612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by ryanlou ryanlou wrote:

Y'all kill me playing this race card!!!!!! I've patted down all type of weaves and wigs of all races.. if you Got a ponytail the xray pick it up. If you clamp your hands to close to your head it will show up. If u got glasses, clips hell even sweat on your head it pick it up. Hell I guess white men are profiled too huh cause the back of there heads get looked at too y'all kill me stop it with "cause I'm black mess "

You are but ONE of the people working at the airport.
To say that these ladies complaints about being profiled aren't warranted because YOU
pat down everyone isn't fair, because not all workers of TSA are going to pat down everyone.
I will say the one time my hair was pat down, the white women in front of me or behind me were
NOT. So yes there is some profiling going on. Just like my friend who is Middle Eastern "looking" & her family can not peacefully make it through the airport without going through extra security checks. & once they've made it through security since they've been pulled aside you have all the other passengers looking at them wondering "why they were pulled aside in the first place" & act like they are the next big terror threat. Too bad they're from Guyana with 0 ties to anyone in the Middle East.

MooDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:48pm
i didnt even intend to throw the race card...i know it's their job, and like i said i think the experience was more funny than harrowing....i was simply wondering if this happened to any other ladies w/ weaves
ryanlou View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Kami612 Kami612 wrote:

Originally posted by ryanlou ryanlou wrote:

You are but ONE of the people working at the airport.
To say that these ladies complaints about being profiled aren't warranted because YOU
pat down everyone isn't fair, because not all workers of TSA are going to pat down everyone.
I will say the one time my hair was pat down, the white women in front of me or behind me were
NOT. So yes there is some profiling going on. Just like my friend who is Middle Eastern "looking" & her family can not peacefully make it through the airport without going through extra security checks. & once they've made it through security since they've been pulled aside you have all the other passengers looking at them wondering "why they were pulled aside in the first place" & act like they are the next big terror threat. Too bad they're from Guyana with 0 ties to anyone in the Middle East.

The hell you talking about. For one I'm talking about the body scanner if the scanner high lights a part it get patted down. And if you come through the airport with voluminous headwear or head dressing it get patted down. Hats anything I guess white men from Texas with cowboy hats is profiled to or how about the packers fan with a baseball hat on is profiled too.. people exaggerate sh*t. Example just Friday I'm working the body scanner black lady come through with a hat with studs on it guess what the scanner highlighted it I had to pat it down she goes on this profiling mess asking why some Asian man who had a fitted skull cap on didn't get it guess what she don't what he got cause he was walking away.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>