Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWeave pain?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
snickerdoodle17_1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weave pain?
    Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 6:24pm
I installed my laniks hair two days ago and I really like it. Problem is my cousin is an awesome stylist but this time around its a little to tight and a little painful to wash my face, make some expressions etc. You have any tips to loosen a tight sew in a little bit without taking it down?
Sponsored Links

beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 6:39pm
Peppermint oil around the temple and between the braids before you go to sleep. Has ALWAYS worked for me.
twajuanaful View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 6:55pm
Try standing directly under the water in the shower...get the braids wet and let it airdry. It seems like that'd probably loosen the braids. Well that's what I do when I install a little too tight.
Bre. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 7:35pm
I don't think this is a good thing.  If its too tight to the point where it hurts it probably means it causing too much stress on your hair as well.  I'd go back to my cousin and ask her to redo it but not so tight.  I rather take care of my natural hair instead of having a weave too tight.  But, that's just me.  Maybe someone else can give you some more tips.
keizz2hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by twajuanaful twajuanaful wrote:

Try standing directly under the water in the shower...get the braids wet and let it airdry. It seems like that'd probably loosen the braids. Well that's what I do when I install a little too tight.
this has nothing to do with anything but your avatar is GORGEOUS !
oh and yeah i agree with the hair getting wet
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 8:05pm
Painfully tight ? Take it down or risk suffering hair loss. There really is no choice and unless you drench the hair to the point that the braids underneath become saturated and actually loosen-wont work.  You would have to be in that shower more than an hour. who knows.  Why risk it ?
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by DivaMelody DivaMelody wrote:

Painfully tight ? Take it down or risk suffering hair loss. There really is no choice and unless you drench the hair to the point that the braids underneath become saturated and actually loosen-wont work.  You would have to be in that shower more than an hour. who knows.  Why risk it ?

^^^^I have a very small bald spot that hasn't grown back in two years due to tight ass braids. No style is worth damage to your hair or scalp.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 8:22pm
You can try wetting it as that will usually loosen but you are at risk for scalp damage that could be permanent.  Have someone look at your scalp to see if there is redness or pimples.  Take pics if you can so you can view.  Pain is not normal.  Also, if you are tenderheaded and likely to experience pain one dose of advil usually helps. If it requires more then that's a problem. 
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Originally posted by DivaMelody DivaMelody wrote:

^^^^I have a very small bald spot that hasn't grown back in two years due to tight ass braids. No style is worth damage to your hair or scalp.
All of this. 
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2011 at 10:34pm
You may try some oil on the area to soothe such as tea tree or peppermint...is it the entire head or certain spots? I ask because I recently had an install where a small piece of hair in the front was caught and pulling and I was able to loosen that area and it was fine. But if the entire thing feels too tight or painful I would agree with those who have said redo it. I feel your pain because I had an overly tight install last year that I hung in for 3 days and it was so bad that I got up at 3am and had to take it down because the pain woke me up! My hair is still recovering and that was only after a few days. It's not worth potentially damaging your hair.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic