Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Weave nightmare-Salon Rache

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>

Author
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:33pm
I going to ride this thread til the wheels fall off... It is no excuse for what happened to me given the cost I paid period.  We can dance around this all night long... For 750 the weave should have been flawless. I posted the fatel errors. Threads are coming loose 9 days later, the hair will not hold a curl..... trust me...I let people walk....when appropriate..I would never say the weave was jacked and it is not.. I am not here to be libelous folks... This is business...

... Going to shout from the mountain top what I experience.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Edited by Hollyspringskim - Jan 06 2013 at 5:51pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:35pm

Thank youSmile.... I have been a member of BHM since 2011..lurking getting hair tips etc.... so I am in the newbie section for that reason. I am frugal to..but more importantly, I don't show up at the Benz dealership expecting to leave with a Kia.. I want what I paid for .. no more not less...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by Hollyspringskim Hollyspringskim wrote:

She needs her ass beat for letting somebody walk outta her shop like this.

exactly my point she had to see this........ my dumb azz did not.... but she aint going to get to skate...her work is inconsistent!!!!Angry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by lilmamabenz lilmamabenz wrote:

I'm assuming that she is in the newbie section b/c bhm won't let her post in other forums... Sorry this happened to you. I'm not a confrontational person either, but I am a frugal person so I would be damned if I walk out looking crazy!

Thank youSmile.... I have been a member of BHM since 2011..lurking getting hair tips etc.... so I am in the newbie section for that reason; I never posted . I am frugal to..but more importantly, I don't show up at the Benz dealership expecting to leave with a Kia.. I want what I paid for .. no more not less...

Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Hollyspringskim Hollyspringskim wrote:

Originally posted by Bre. Bre. wrote:

You've been getting weaves for over 30 years and you didn't think to check your weave before you left the salon?  ESPECIALLY since you were on your way to an event?  Was that your first encounter with the stylist?

Bre, I did not check the top of the weave. Thats definately on me; but she had to have seen this?? Correct???  After all I had only been there from 9 to 5; hell I was tired. But more importantly, does she get a pass on technique?  See we can play that game all day in this forum. No experienced stylist who cares about their work would even want the client's closure to look like that... period....

To your second question.... this was my first encounter with the stylist.... a  friend told me that she did her hair and it looked fabulous. Technique/flatness/color/etc.  But upon revisiting my friend with my horror story ....she revealed that Rachel corrected only her bangs.. She did not do an install..... and since she has a bang...and long in the back... she told me that her crown was left out... Her hair is dark and it looks really really good. Again, does the stylist get a pass with the technique used in my hair? ..Naw she does not..

Trust me... it is a lesson learned hard... at the end of the day... I gave her a trust deposit... based upon what I thought was her work on my friend's hair. Perhaps, I am old school in that assumption that stylists care about their rep on every head that leaves out the door-not some of them... some of you folks are missing the point.... She had to have seen her closure...and felt like whatever... cause anybody who cares about their work would not have made such a  novice mistake...  I don't mind paying for someone's creative effort. Not once have I stated that I wanted money back..etc. Instead, I am struggling with the fact that she knew her technique was flawed. I love her coloring but not her cuts and weave patterns... period
!

Folks are more than welcome in a free market to go to whomever they chose.....

And listen very closely, in the 30 years I been getting weaves; from kitchens to salons. never never had this happen. Y

No she does not get a pass but, why trust her so much?  She was a stranger and even if you did she a 100 banging installs she did, you should still check.  But, I'm sure you know that by now.  She sounds lazy and I don't know if this is how she works but, hopefully something gets resolved.  
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:50am
Bre and I agree. All we are saying is that if anyone does your weave for 50 bucks or 750, make sure you get all in your head before you leave. Assume nothing. Nothing about that closure is right and yes, she should not have let you walk out like that. She figured she would try you and let you walk out that way. You said you liked it when she asked before you walked out the door. She should have fixed it but figured why when you were happy. Doesnt make it right but it is what it is. Questioning my weave history? I post all over BHM and have been since 2006. I never had anyone do me like this cause I would not let them. 750 and that closure is worth a scene if necessary. You're mad at the wrong person.
mistyknightwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mistyknightwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:58am
I'm so sorry that this happened to you! I'm not going to repeat what's been said already because you said you don't handle disputes well and I'm the same way. However, I honestly couldn't go another day w/my hair looking like that after paying $750. I would call her up and nicely ask if I can schedule an appointment. I know this may be difficult since you are pissed but trust me she will respond better to this approach. When I got there I would nicely explain my concerns and ask if anything could be done to correct this situation.

Sadly, this stylist is not really known for doing great installs in Baltimore. She is known to be overpriced but lacks the expertise to back it up, not throwing shade it's just is what it is...The salon is more of a fashion show than stylist that know what they are doing. There is one stylist in there; her name excapes me but she's decent. She use to have one side of her hair shaved can't remeber her name. She is amazing w/color and cut, not sure about her weaves.

I know that you may not want to know of other stylist but my current stylist is amazing! She is very talented and her styleseat and pictures prove it. She may even be willing to fix your current install...Her name is Malaika and trust me she's one of the best!

I hope this all works out for you, if anything you learned some valuable lessons...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by mistyknightwin mistyknightwin wrote:

I'm so sorry that this happened to you! I'm not going to repeat what's been said already because you said you don't handle disputes well and I'm the same way. However, I honestly couldn't go another day w/my hair looking like that after paying $750. I would call her up and nicely ask if I can schedule an appointment. I know this may be difficult since you are pissed but trust me she will respond better to this approach. When I got there I would nicely explain my concerns and ask if anything could be done to correct this situation.

Sadly, this stylist is not really known for doing great installs in Baltimore. She is known to be overpriced but lacks the expertise to back it up, not throwing shade it's just is what it is...The salon is more of a fashion show than stylist that know what they are doing. There is one stylist in there; her name excapes me but she's decent. She use to have one side of her hair shaved can't remeber her name. She is amazing w/color and cut, not sure about her weaves.

I know that you may not want to know of other stylist but my current stylist is amazing! She is very talented and her styleseat and pictures prove it. She may even be willing to fix your current install...Her name is Malaika and trust me she's one of the best!
https://www.styleseat.com/malaikafrazier - https://www.styleseat.com/malaikafrazier

I hope this all works out for you, if anything you learned some valuable lessons...

Thank you for your insight.... I did learn a hard lesson... and I will check of Maliaka's sight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Bre and I agree. All we are saying is that if anyone does your weave for 50 bucks or 750, make sure you get all in your head before you leave. Assume nothing. Nothing about that closure is right and yes, she should not have let you walk out like that. She figured she would try you and let you walk out that way. You said you liked it when she asked before you walked out the door. She should have fixed it but figured why when you were happy. Doesnt make it right but it is what it is. Questioning my weave history? I post all over BHM and have been since 2006. I never had anyone do me like this cause I would not let them. 750 and that closure is worth a scene if necessary. You're mad at the wrong person.

Correction I am not mad at you..simply addressing your thoughts... Don't take my responses personal ... I really do not care about what happened to you or how much you post. This is my experience and you gave your opinion.  I simply posted my experience and  you responded with a dissertation and like you are a client of hers. But, I going to let that go...bottom line. Rachel did a jack up azz weave on my head period,,,ain't you or nobody else going to tell me anything different. She disrespected my time.. and I told her azz that... so much so that she stated," I would not want to be on your bad side." I was already steamed so I wanted to just get the $%^%&^*& out of that place.

Did you read my posts? Does not seem like you did . I called her back and she could not process that tracks were showing and that she did not dye the tracks near my leave out correctly. You can literally see the track impression and forget leaving the house with out Paul Mitchell. Instead, she stated that maybe I needed more hair.... when less than 9 days ago she handed me back hair and said that I had a small head. This is the junction that I decided not to fool around with her. I told her that the tracks needed to be taken out at my leave out and dyed blond instead of the very dark brown color it is...but she did not get it... So she did not get another chance to get more  money out of me via purchasing more hair. The stylist knows that I was not happy with my hair.....listen very, very closely I informed her that my hair was not to my liking.

Edited by Hollyspringskim - Jan 07 2013 at 5:45pm
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:54pm
I heard you say she found out when you called her not in the salon but hey, good luck with your hair and happy new year.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic