Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Weave nightmare-Salon Rache
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

Weave nightmare-Salon Rache

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jan 14 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

The more I think, How could tracks on a net weave be loose? Can you stick your fingers through where track is sewed to the net. It is not supposed to feel "tight" that is the point of the net. Really around the perimeter is the only place the tracks should be sewn onto your braids with a net. Also, what difference did the braid pattern make if you used a net? I am totally not understanding. Then like I said, the closure part does look horrible. She probably underestimated the thinness of your natural hair because most people who had a leave out area that big would have no problems with the tracks being exposed. I NEVER would have left the salon with that big gapping hole!!! So you have no room to get sideways with the stylist since you seemed cool with it when you left. 

I'm not saying she is completely right but neither are you. I'm going to look for some of her other work.......
 
Dear... I am in the NEWBIE section because I chose to post here. You made a serious flaw in assuming that I am a novice in the weave department.  I have have been getting weave longer than you have been on this planet. I have received weaves from coast to coast and from kitchens to salons.... I have never ever had such a poor azz closure/cut/weave/ period. And lastly, look for her work elsewhere... the problem with that logic is it is just that... you may go in there like I did and receive a rachet azz job....  I AM IN THE RIGHT.... you definately have me heated up.. You must be a client of her's lmao!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jan 14 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:05pm
I went onto YELP and  what do you know limited posts but one post stating how long the wait was .. APPOINTMENTS.... not honored up in there...
Back to Top
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jan 14 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by mzdivaslife mzdivaslife wrote:

wow! THIS......
 
Yes and a bird up in here got the nerve to saw it was my fault... IF I could braid my own hair ... I would not be going to get a weave done...right... BHM got all kinds of info on doing your own thing.... 750 with tracks showing and a jacked up closure... but guess that was my fault as one of the posters so eloquently stated.
Back to Top
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jan 14 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

The only problem I see is how she closed it at the top. She should have installed the whole two bags/bundles. I dont think the price is horrible considering what SOME people pay for AV hair which is always marked up. So worst case scenario she charged half for the hair and half for the install, cut color and style. Shoot, I do hair as a hobby and even I charge 75 bucks just for the sew in with no cut or color. So really it is not absurd that she would charge you $350 in the shop. She basically double charged you for the hair. Me personally, I don't care how good the hair or install is I will never pay $750 to do anything with my hair cause unless I never have to take it out and it keeps growing on its own that is a waste to me. Plus, why would you pay that much and never saw her work? You should have asked more questions YOURSELF before you even booked an appointment. Part of this is your fault for not calling yourself. 

Re: consultation what else were you expecting? A closed mouth doesn't get fed so if you wanted more consulting you should have insisted or got up and walked out at that point. I'm sure the hairdresser is not a mind reader.

Next point: why wait until you leave to complain so there has to be another appointment set to fix it when it could have been addressed right then and there. You are the one who was dishonest and said you loved it. 

What do you think would have been a fair price for the services you received? How long do you think it should have taken to color, install, cut and style your weave in a salon where you were squeezed in at Christmas time?

This is why I will not do hair. People expect miracles.

Plus I want to see how your full style looked when you walked out of the shop, not the pics of where you clipped it up to show us the tracks on top of tracks. I can't tell if it is bulky or not based on what you posted.

This is only one side of the story and we all know how that goes. Not saying you are wrong but knowing how people are I am sure there is more to the story.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'm just keeping it real.
 
And let me keep it real. she did a jacked up azz weave, period...Miracles..everytime I read that tomfoolery...my blood pressure goes up.... It is a miracle for a client to expect a good weave? Girl, I do not know who or where you get your weaves..customer service, setting realistic expectations for the client and executing the clients vision is the role of the stylist. Dear, if I possessed all of those attributes..I would be in my bathroom working out my own weaves. The issue is not the money. The issue is the technique....and that I cannot control.  A miracle from the owner would have been a flawless execution of my request... I did the right thing posting my experience.... here and on yelp... Thank God I found a stylist on BHM-Monet Crochet...who has  very consistent feedback and actually cares about hair health... Whatever.. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, just keeping it real
Back to Top
Bre. View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Mar 25 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 4860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:27pm
You've been getting weaves for over 30 years and you didn't think to check your weave before you left the salon?  ESPECIALLY since you were on your way to an event?  Was that your first encounter with the stylist?
Back to Top
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jan 14 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Bre. Bre. wrote:

You've been getting weaves for over 30 years and you didn't think to check your weave before you left the salon?  ESPECIALLY since you were on your way to an event?  Was that your first encounter with the stylist?
 
Bre, I did not check the top of the weave. Thats definately on me; but she had to have seen this?? Correct???  After all I had only been there from 9 to 5; hell I was tired. But more importantly, does she get a pass on technique?  See we can play that game all day in this forum. No experienced stylist who cares about their work would even want the client's closure to look like that... period....
 
To your second question.... this was my first encounter with the stylist.... a  friend told me that she did her hair and it looked fabulous. Technique/flatness/color/etc.  But upon revisiting my friend with my horror story ....she revealed that Rachel corrected only her bangs.. She did not do an install..... and since she has a bang...and long in the back... she told me that her crown was left out... Her hair is dark and it looks really really good. Again, does the stylist get a pass with the technique used in my hair? ..Naw she does not..
 
Trust me... it is a lesson learned hard... at the end of the day... I gave her a trust deposit... based upon what I thought was her work on my friend's hair. Perhaps, I am old school in that assumption that stylists care about their rep on every head that leaves out the door-not some of them... some of you folks are missing the point.... She had to have seen her closure...and felt like whatever... cause anybody who cares about their work would not have made such a  novice mistake...  I don't mind paying for someone's creative effort. Not once have I stated that I wanted money back..etc. Instead, I am struggling with the fact that she knew her technique was flawed. I love her coloring but not her cuts and weave patterns... period
!
 
Folks are more than welcome in a free market to go to whomever they chose.....
 
And listen very closely, in the 30 years I been getting weaves; from kitchens to salons. never never had this happen. Y
Back to Top
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9398
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 3:57pm
Im just saying you should not have left without addressing. I would still like to see photos. That closure is ridiculous and I would have fought her if she didnt fix it before I left. Im saying as a consumer you should get what you paid for but first you have to know what that id. Varies with each stylist. Why are you in newbie section if you been wearing weaves so long? Just curious. Dont stone me. Judge Joe Brown will ask all these things when you sue. You prove my point by adding you didnt ask enough questions of your own friend before making an appointment.
Back to Top
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jan 14 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 394
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Im just saying you should not have left without addressing. I would still like to see photos. That closure is ridiculous and I would have fought her if she didnt fix it before I left. Im saying as a consumer you should get what you paid for but first you have to know what that id. Varies with each stylist. Why are you in newbie section if you been wearing weaves so long? Just curious. Dont stone me. Judge Joe Brown will ask all these things when you sue. You prove my point by adding you didnt ask enough questions of your own friend before making an appointment.
 
I promise not to stone you... But my court of preference however is Judge Judy... because all we need is the facts:
 
1. Technique is flawed- does not make any sense to see any addtional pictures..because the front looks fine..
2. I made the mistake of not looking at the top of my head due to my own desire to get the hell out of there and the color looked amazing and while the cut was not what I envisioned..I just wanted to leave.
3. I paid for a blonde bob that was "not down my back". In terms of bob's color- i said blonde not platinum..she got this right
4.  She did not dye the tops of the wefts..they are dark brown.. therefore... the tracks around the leaveout are can be seen prominently due to this. As God is my witness, I did not see this or I would have checked that.. Because my hair is so light. and fine; you can obviously see the tracks see pix 1.....  Therefore, it is reasonable that she saw it ..but elected to just keep quiet.
5. the person who referred me to her obviously chose not to disclose that she did not do her weave. Instead-she corrected her bangs... Only after I called her did she state this fact and commence to apologize and say repeatedly- I am so sorry-She has to fix this.
6. I was more than 3 hours behind schedule on Saturday, December 29, 2012 the day of the install. My appointment was at 9 am I did not leave until 5 pm. I did not do my due diligence in taking the mirror at the completion of the instrall and really getting into my hair.. Plantiff's fault..translation... my fault
7. When I was seated in the braiding chair. I advised her niece that I wanted Rachel to braid my hair. Her niece asked, "Do you have a problem with me?" My response was-" I do not know you to have a problem with you. I would like for Rachel to braid my hair. When she told me that Rached does not braid. I said, this is BS let me call my friend as she was adamant that Rachel braided hair. At this point, Rachel ushered me in the back to discuss this off the floor. I told her that it was disrespectful  to have me there all day. I also told her that mutual acquantance told me that she braided hair. I asked her point blank if she braided hair. Her response was yes. I said why did your niece lie!!! Hell I should have bounced then!!!
8. Her niece braided my hair. down because Rachel told me that I would be in there even longer if she did it... She instucted her niece on what to do from her station.
9. These are experts  so who am I to tell you to use synthetic. If I tell you I do not have a perm, myhair is dark brown and lifts in like 5 minutes, and you see I have fine hair.. An expert weaver does not have to be prompted to pull out the synthetic hair.
10. Hair sewn in... tracks were cut and layed on top of one another near my part..so they are lumpy. see pixs
11. Flat weaves and flawless closures-two attributes of competent weave artists.
12. I do not have one day of Cosmetology school but I have read enough posts on BHM to know that a good stylist... does the following- does a consultation, talks about how you want your hair. repeats what they heard you say... tell you if its realistic and executes based on mutual agreement
13. After the install. She did not thin out the weave.. so when I take the flat iron its so much hair that I can barely part it. I told her that I wanted something I could do on my own..if I needed to
I can barely style this BS
14. I trusted her work on incomplete or shall I say misleading information.
 
Back to Top
lilmamabenz View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jun 06 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 334
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:27pm
I'm assuming that she is in the newbie section b/c bhm won't let her post in other forums... Sorry this happened to you. I'm not a confrontational person either, but I am a frugal person so I would be damned if I walk out looking crazy!
Back to Top
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 11 2011
Location: US-Florida
Status: Offline
Points: 105187
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Hollyspringskim Hollyspringskim wrote:



She needs her ass beat for letting somebody walk outta her shop like this.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down