Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weave nightmare-Salon Rache

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mzdivaslife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzdivaslife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 9:04am
wow! THIS......
Sponsored Links

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 9:06am
Oh HELL to the naw!!!!!

It's looks awful..

She has to fix that!!!

I wish I lives near you, I would drag you back to her myself..

I'm so MAD that she let you leave her salon with that.
Sooo sorry
theLANAshow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote theLANAshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:28am
OMG! So sorry this happened to you. But $750 for 2 bundles of 14-16, a sew in, cut and color? On what planet?! She played you. You should blow up her Yelp/Twitter/Facebook page with those pictures.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:50am
The only problem I see is how she closed it at the top. She should have installed the whole two bags/bundles. I dont think the price is horrible considering what SOME people pay for AV hair which is always marked up. So worst case scenario she charged half for the hair and half for the install, cut color and style. Shoot, I do hair as a hobby and even I charge 75 bucks just for the sew in with no cut or color. So really it is not absurd that she would charge you $350 in the shop. She basically double charged you for the hair. Me personally, I don't care how good the hair or install is I will never pay $750 to do anything with my hair cause unless I never have to take it out and it keeps growing on its own that is a waste to me. Plus, why would you pay that much and never saw her work? You should have asked more questions YOURSELF before you even booked an appointment. Part of this is your fault for not calling yourself. 

Re: consultation what else were you expecting? A closed mouth doesn't get fed so if you wanted more consulting you should have insisted or got up and walked out at that point. I'm sure the hairdresser is not a mind reader.

Next point: why wait until you leave to complain so there has to be another appointment set to fix it when it could have been addressed right then and there. You are the one who was dishonest and said you loved it. 

What do you think would have been a fair price for the services you received? How long do you think it should have taken to color, install, cut and style your weave in a salon where you were squeezed in at Christmas time?

This is why I will not do hair. People expect miracles.

Plus I want to see how your full style looked when you walked out of the shop, not the pics of where you clipped it up to show us the tracks on top of tracks. I can't tell if it is bulky or not based on what you posted.

This is only one side of the story and we all know how that goes. Not saying you are wrong but knowing how people are I am sure there is more to the story.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'm just keeping it real.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:55am
Also, not every "competent" stylist braids with synthetic hair for the base. It depends on the clients preference and state of their hair. So again, if you wanted hair braided in and they weren't doing it you should have said so. You have a lot to learn about the weave game. But I guess that is why you are down here in the newbie section. 
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 11:08am
The more I think, How could tracks on a net weave be loose? Can you stick your fingers through where track is sewed to the net. It is not supposed to feel "tight" that is the point of the net. Really around the perimeter is the only place the tracks should be sewn onto your braids with a net. Also, what difference did the braid pattern make if you used a net? I am totally not understanding. Then like I said, the closure part does look horrible. She probably underestimated the thinness of your natural hair because most people who had a leave out area that big would have no problems with the tracks being exposed. I NEVER would have left the salon with that big gapping hole!!! So you have no room to get sideways with the stylist since you seemed cool with it when you left. 

I'm not saying she is completely right but neither are you. I'm going to look for some of her other work.......
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

Hell naw!

right op
get a refund 

behind 750 she shouldnt be underestimating a damn thing 
& next time open your mouth please! 
the stylist works for you. you are paying them. 
get your money's worth 

Edited by iGotSunshine - Jan 06 2013 at 12:07pm
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:25pm
First off, as I mentioned I don't have a problem with paying 750 dollars if the weave is on Point!!!!! Second, I did not expect a miracle- Only God does that. And the weave is loose... Hair has come out of the tracks. when I use a wide tooth comb....I can see how some of my hair that is supposed to be braided down is not..under the net. I have fine hair. It is safe to assume that for rowing my hair would be best with synthetic... As the braid does not come loose under that scenario. I have been getting weaves for over 30 years all over the country when most posters were not bubbles on the water. I would not make accusations about the quality of the work if it where not true. And lastly, I stated that I needed a versatile stylists not one who can only handle Kim K's and ponytails. And yes, If a stylist cannot give the client what they asked for... Tell them so.... I don't like confrontation because I can't pull back. She did a poor azz job on my head period. What she does with others is just that. Hotter than fish grease...

I don't care how well she laid somebody else's hair what she did to my hair is what matters to me..... The person who referred her to me hair is amazing bangs and long in the back..... But my hair is jacked up.... Period... She will not get another opportunity to jack me up. Yes I was going back to have her fix it..even scheduled an appointment to go back and told her the tracks where showing, but not worth the day it will take and additional expense.  I spend more on my shoes than that so please don't infer that my issue is 750 . My issue is......Technique and customer service.

She saw the top of my head ... She let me get out if her chair.... With the top of my head looking like that.  I did not see that. I went to an event after leaving the Salon and was approached  about the color and the tracks showing. Complements about the color and oh my God comments about the technique. You not hurting my feelings because your dissertation don't matter... You can see the tracks... All the way from the White House...  and no experienced and versatile artist would let a client leave out the door until the client's hair was perfect. And no you could not do hair with comments like you made because folks would drive you out of business. People do not expect miracles just a fair exchange. She/Rachel has good eyes..She saw that hole; but decided to just keep it moving. I would have snapped her in two that's how pissed I was at being there 8 hours... This is why I stated yes I like it; at some point, it just not worth it to yell and scream somemore at someone's whose ego is that big.
And lastly, I do not want anyone else to experience what I did... take it or leave it; but you will not diminish what happened to me....

Edited by Hollyspringskim - Jan 06 2013 at 1:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:52pm
Are you serious? the tracks are loose.. hair loose can be seen and pulled through the net. See the problem we have here is consistent execution..Again, as mentioned ...she is a great colorist... technique is the issue.. And after careful consideration.. I simply can't waste my time going back to someone who if they would have taken the time to look at my hair instead of pushing back about braiding my hair down and did a consultation... she would have known the condition of my hair... Angry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

The more I think, How could tracks on a net weave be loose? Can you stick your fingers through where track is sewed to the net. It is not supposed to feel "tight" that is the point of the net. Really around the perimeter is the only place the tracks should be sewn onto your braids with a net. Also, what difference did the braid pattern make if you used a net? I am totally not understanding. Then like I said, the closure part does look horrible. She probably underestimated the thinness of your natural hair because most people who had a leave out area that big would have no problems with the tracks being exposed. I NEVER would have left the salon with that big gapping hole!!! So you have no room to get sideways with the stylist since you seemed cool with it when you left. 

I'm not saying she is completely right but neither are you. I'm going to look for some of her other work.......
I am completely right.. you are misinformed my dear... Expert stylists do not make blunders with closures... If she needed guidance perhaps she should have come to BHM cause there are some damn good self installers on these here boards..I could not see the "gaping hole" in terms of superficial appearance the style looked okay... Hell I was lucky not to go into a diabetic coma in that joint as looooooog as I was there.  My wish for you in the NEW YEAR is to go to a stylist who does you the same way I was treated....

Best wishes!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System