Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Weave nightmare-Salon Rache

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:57pm
I think anyone who is charging $750 for two bundles of hair and an install is on some bs. There is no weave in the world that is worth $750 so anything she could have done would have been a get-over. I have seen some damn good installs and none of them were $750. I think a lot of times people pay for the big name and not the actual product or service. Sorry this happened to you.
Sponsored Links

msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:31pm
damn... a pic is worth 1000 words.. i would add those pics to your yelp review as well.. i hope you get this settled... she does need to be throat chopped for that.

Edited by msjaim2 - Jan 07 2013 at 6:45pm
Coco2Prissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Coco2Prissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:28am
@ Mzkaliky, where do you get your hair knowledge and info to believe that 750 for that ish is acceptable, or the amount the stylist charges is not hard to believe. I know some celebrity stylist charge 400 for a sew-in and closure, she could of got some nice virgin Chinese hair for those lengths for a way cheaper price. Still would of spent less than 750, and hair would of came out looking gorgeous. How can you not expect looking some-what like beyonce, with those prices? Your hair can be burnt, fried, and barely have edges...but a great stylist would still know how to work with what she is presented. If boonquisha in the hood can hook a rachett head, than so can a stylist charging that high!

@Op, I understand you got caught up in the hype and thought since you were paying that high, than the quality would be better. However, next time inspect their work before you leave any salon. Do your research, and I'm sure there are threads on finding a good stylist around your area. I understand your a newbie, so we are here to help. There is nothing tolerable about that install, cause I paid 150 for my sew-in +180 for my weave. Chile boo at what some are saying 😒.

Edited by Coco2Prissy - Jan 08 2013 at 10:30am
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:27am
I dont get how you are saying any different than what Im saying but whatever. Some people pay that much, i would never but if I did it damn sure better be flawless before I leave. Point blank period. Get mad if you want my hair always looks nice.I do feel bad for OP Im just saying next time she should handle it much different.
misscharisma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misscharisma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 2:30pm
Exactly!! Yelp, Google, Facebook!!!I would tell her mama if I found her lol
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

def go on yelp & share your experience as well
Coco2Prissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Coco2Prissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

I dont get how you are saying any different than what Im saying but whatever. Some people pay that much, i would never but if I did it damn sure better be flawless before I leave. Point blank period. Get mad if you want my hair always looks nice.I do feel bad for OP Im just saying next time she should handle it much different.

Mad, um girl no. I read everything that was on this thread, and I am not repeating anything you said. She doesn't need to learn alot more about weaves, this could of happened to anybody (even gurus). Btw my hair always looks fly too , even though nobody never said anything about yours.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:26pm
Um, you did say inspect wirk before you leave, do your research. Maybe I read that wrong.
Hollyspringskim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Coco2Prissy Coco2Prissy wrote:

Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Mad, um girl no. I read everything that was on this thread, and I am not repeating anything you said. She doesn't need to learn alot more about weaves, this could of happened to anybody (even gurus). Btw my hair always looks fly too , even though nobody never said anything about yours.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Could not have said it any better!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 3:05pm
I was contacted via the acquaintance who referred me to Rachel...and advised that if I removed my Yelp posting.... Rachel would refund my money....... upon calling her with my brother listening in.... Rachel proceeded to tell me that  I told her that I liked my hair.... If the readers of this thread reach back...to my first post... I stated that I told her that I liked my hair... because I did not want to get into a confrontation and was so terribly disappointed and tired that I just wanted to get the &**)()out of her establishment. I had already had heated words with her about the loooong wait for service. Therefore, I told her that at that point, I was so over the entire experience... so it was best to just leave.... without anymore drama....

I waited impatiently for her to present her side of the matter.... yada yada.. she has been doing hair for 15 years and takes her business seriously and I did not give her a chance to "fix my hair. 15 years really resonanted for me because a weavologist in the game that long would not make a mistakes like not closing a weave properly or not using synthetic hair to braid a client's whose hair is very fine.... oh well.I digress.

After really thinking about what she said .. I proceeded to walk her through my yelp post and reinform her that I did call her and tell her that my tracks were showing in the top of my head and that the mutual acquaintance saw the top of my head the same day it was done.. ......saw the violation... I told her that the same person whom she had called to reach out to me about the yelp post had the pictures of the top of my head and saw said infraction on my head.  Obviously, this girl was stuck on the fact that I had no gripes about the color... I gave her the analogy that when one purchases a two piece meal and only receives the chicken... they have not received what they paid for... translation.. the cut was jacked up.... the weave was flawed so the colored hair does not mattter. I guess for her she wanted to still be paid for the color.... Oh well.... this is the junction where she and I do not agree...  Going further, she told me that she had pictures of the weave.. okay... whatever... I have pictures too... And lastly, I feel that a stylist charging that kind of money would have nailed it... executed the client's wishes and certainly would have laid the tracks in a fashion that would ensure that they could not be seen ...

And finally, she told me that she just wanted to be done with it and asked how I would like my money back... I told her and advised that I would mail the hair back... my 750 dollar weave was in my head a grand total of 9 days... She told me no..keep the hair and that I would see my refund of 750 in 1 to  2 days....fyi...have yet to see the refund. This was a hard lesson learned... This thread's purpose was to give me a chance to vent and most of the replies I received were supportative.... Lesson learned . speak up .....calmly and firmly....and by no means leave without a through assessment of the final product.  For real.... I think that I was carried at the end of the day... and I can't change that.....

As for the acquaintance..She and I had a terse convo.. because she told me that she did not have anything to do with the matter...no he said she said.; but, she got all into the middle of asking me to call Rachel and that I would get a refund if I removed the post from yelp......  But, in the end..she did not share the picture of the whole in my weave with her stylist friend...or what she saw with her own two eyes the same day the weave was installed...Lesson learned here... is that she was less than candid about who did her hair.....from the onset and continued to play 50.....

Anyhow..I am waiting for my refund........

Edited by Hollyspringskim - Jan 11 2013 at 3:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollyspringskim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 3:12pm
[QUOTE=msjaim2]damn... a pic is worth 1000 words.. i would add those pics to your yelp review as well.. i hope you get this settled... she does need to be throat chopped for that. [/QUOTE
Thank you!!!!!

I am waiting for my refund as we speak.... Yelp does work...I see....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>