BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

We may never get it....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ms.Best View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:58am
I think Native Americans are more successful in obtaining various forms of government "reparations" and grants. While doing my scholarship search it was obvious early on that a SIGNIFICANT amount of scholarship money was set aside specifically for Native Americans and their descendents.
Sponsored Links

texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

I'm not looking for a handout, I just want equality. Demanding reparations is foolish because it will never happen. 

We don't wan't a piece of the cake....we wan't the recipe. Wink
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

As soon as I saw the title, I thought "What, reparations?"

Really? I thought "get it" as in to understand. Would the title be more appropriate if it said "get them" instead?
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:32pm
Err Africans actually living in Africa deserve reparations just as much. If yall think you have it bad, imagine being in the locales where the white populations decimated, destroyed, and pillaged. 

The US owes the majority of the world an apology, honestly.
Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

and i'll tell y'all what else....if they were paying moneys for reparations...I bet you will have a whole bunch of white folks tryna claim all their black relatives and Government would put it on black folks to prove that we are "raw" black.  Well lookee here.  Ain't this a shame....the computers had a fucc up and 80-90% of historical records have been "lost".
Like people trying to claim native ancestry to go to school. Schools suggest it to them too and will have everyone trying to find that "cherokee" cousin that they are rumored to have.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Err Africans actually living in Africa deserve reparations just as much. If yall think you have it bad, imagine being in the locales where the white populations decimated, destroyed, and pillaged. 

The US owes the majority of the world an apology, honestly.
I totally agree.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:43pm
What I would like to see will never happen based on human will.
But the day will come when I will see the white nation pay, and that is a day I look forward to every single day.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Every time a discussion about reparations starts, I always end up pissed off.

I did some digging in my family tree.  My father's father's side of the family haven't been slaves at LEAST since the early 1800s, possibly even earlier.  A white person could argue that since my family hadn't been forced to labor for whites as long as others, that I would be entitled to less.  HOWEVER, what about all of the free black people from whom whites STOLE property?  The commonwealth of Virginia allowed whites to literally walk onto my ancestors' property and kick them out.  That is millions of dollars in potential wealth lost because the STATE sanctioned THEFT against black people.

Whites--especially in the SOUTH did not pull themselves up by their bootstraps to earn a living.  They simply STOLE it from US.

I want my shyt back PLUS interest.

Whites won't apologize for STEALING because they know how wrong they are for doing so.

HELL YES!!!!

My great grandfather built a thriving business in North Carolina and owned acres of land in the late 1800s and early 1900s. His land was stolen, his assets were stolen, he was LYNCHED, his family and his employees were terrorized and forced to move off of his property. And on that land those people built a factory which made profits that we've never seen.

And white people think that an annual apology on Capitol Hill is enough. Sadly, a lot of us think it's enough, too, and talk ourselves into the idea that we either don't desrve reparations or would mishandle them.

Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:34pm
Yes...Yes I do, we deserve every drop and more
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Ms.Best Ms.Best wrote:

I think Native Americans are more successful in obtaining various forms of government "reparations" and grants. While doing my scholarship search it was obvious early on that a SIGNIFICANT amount of scholarship money was set aside specifically for Native Americans and their descendents.

for what they have went through, the reparations, or "benefits" are a slap in the face, honestly.

it's not even close to being what they are owed.

neither would we, tbh. no monetary amount would be enough. however, some we should receive some sort of recompense as a start and i'm not talking some half azz "sorry we're not sorry" apology.

however, the process still needs to get started.

those that mentioned higher educational benefits/stipends, i wholeheartedly agree with.

revamping other social services in the US that negatively affect AA (ex. prison system/educational system-including how school funding is calculated and disbursed/CPS-bc black children make up a disproportionate number in foster care, i believe 42%)

that's a good start.

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Feb 12 2013 at 4:47pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair