Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

We may never get it....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:17pm
Fucc reparations, I want the white folks that bought us, the africans that sold us and the arabs that scouted us to pay tenfold. Put in all the hard labor and torture that we went through.
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:17pm
Every time a discussion about reparations starts, I always end up pissed off.

I did some digging in my family tree.  My father's father's side of the family haven't been slaves at LEAST since the early 1800s, possibly even earlier.  A white person could argue that since my family hadn't been forced to labor for whites as long as others, that I would be entitled to less.  HOWEVER, what about all of the free black people from whom whites STOLE property?  The commonwealth of Virginia allowed whites to literally walk onto my ancestors' property and kick them out.  That is millions of dollars in potential wealth lost because the STATE sanctioned THEFT against black people.

Whites--especially in the SOUTH did not pull themselves up by their bootstraps to earn a living.  They simply STOLE it from US.

I want my shyt back PLUS interest.

Whites won't apologize for STEALING because they know how wrong they are for doing so.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Whites won't apologize for STEALING because they know how wrong they are for doing so.

IMO...they won't apologize because they would be admitting that everything they have to this day is because they took it from other peoples. Not due to their own hard work. It would be admitting a corrupt Gov't got them to where they are because of slaving, unjust laws and bias.  If they apologize...it would snowball...and they know it.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:52pm
and i'll tell y'all what else....if they were paying moneys for reparations...I bet you will have a whole bunch of white folks tryna claim all their black relatives and Government would put it on black folks to prove that we are "raw" black.  Well lookee here.  Ain't this a shame....the computers had a fucc up and 80-90% of historical records have been "lost".
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:55pm
Honestly I don't want anything from them.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

and i'll tell y'all what else....if they were paying moneys for reparations...I bet you will have a whole bunch of white folks tryna claim all their black relatives and Government would put it on black folks to prove that we are "raw" black.  Well lookee here.  Ain't this a shame....the computers had a fucc up and 80-90% of historical records have been "lost".

Shoot, look at how many of them claim to be Native American.  I tell them that if they don't have a card, they can kindly STFU.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:47am
I believe that we should be able to attend any institution built on land that slaves worked, for free.  If our ancestors worked that land for free, we should be able to get an education there for free.  It's fair.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:50am
Ash Clap
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:54am
I also think we shouldn't have to pay taxes.  We did not choose to come here.  If they won't give us the money they owe us, then they need to make it easier for us to accumulate wealth the easiest way possible.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:56am
I believe another poster mentioned this but get all "hood" schools up to par with white suburban schools.   I think free quality education would be more valuable to us in this day and age than money.  Money would be blown too easily with nothing to show for it in the next generation.  If reparations are to be had i'd want it to come in the form of free tuition to whatever college your grades can get you into.  Perhaps after you get at least a bachelors you get a cash settlement (40acres and a mule).  The higher your degree the higher the settlement? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic