Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We Invented Jesus Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Holiday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

ox·y·mo·ron  

/ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
Noun
A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true).

Apparent

3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.

Edited by Doc Holiday - Oct 12 2013 at 12:19am
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I'm a Christian, I have no interest in what an atheist or a muslim or a catholic believes as it doesn't concern me and it's their right to choose.
I often wonder why non Christians concern themselves with what they consider an archaic or false belief??
Not calling you dumb, but that was a dumb statement.

You grown stronger in your faith when you can understand why your faith is such. If you don't explore, or at the very least understand other religions, how can you consider your religion the one true religion? You cut yourself off from a deeper understanding of your own faith that way.

Any true biblical scholar studies other faiths in order to understand and grow stronger in their own faith...

I personally think it's interesting to learn about other religious beliefs but I don't think it's a dumb statement for her to say this. Some of y'all forget that faith can be just that. Faith. It doesn't necessarily require hard data. It can simply be a leaning of the heart and mind! That's the nature of faith! Why must she become a scholar to have a faith, anyways?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Doc Holiday Doc Holiday wrote:

ox·y·mo·ron  

/ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
Noun
A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true).

Apparent

3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.

Yes.  Nowhere in the definition does it say that "although they are apparently contradictory, they are factually harmonious. That's your inference.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:38am
I certainly was joking Doc but Jolie is way too serious sometimes to get my jokes. I will not give up. She's one of my bews and I love her foreva.

It really tickles me sometimes that we're saying the exact same thing and she types you pages and pages about one word you use. That shiglt is sexy to me. You knoe you like like it Doc!
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:40am
Phone typos. Lol.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:42am
Honestly I love the way J does it but most people would annoy me with that. So wierd!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:43am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I certainly was joking Doc but Jolie is way too serious sometimes to get my jokes. I will not give up. She's one of my bews and I love her foreva.

It really tickles me sometimes that we're saying the exact same thing and she types you pages and pages about one word you use. That shiglt is sexy to me. You knoe you like like it Doc!
LOL Heart 
Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Doc Holiday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 12:55am

Yes.  Nowhere in the definition does it say that "although they are apparently contradictory, they are factually harmonious. That's your inference.

Oy vey. Cry

Given that English isn't you're first language, I'm going to assume that you haven't quite grasped the nuances of the language rather than you think that you're just messing with me. This hyper literal thing you do is going to take some getting used to. LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Doc Holiday Doc Holiday wrote:

Oy vey. Cry

Given that English isn't you're first language, I'm going to assume that you haven't quite grasped the nuances of the language rather than you think that you're just messing with me. This hyper literal thing you do is going to take some getting used to. LOL
LOL English isn't my first language indeed but 1) I have a pretty good knowledge of the English language 3) Knowing other languages actually give you better insight into your own  2) oxymoron is French is... guess what... "oxymoron". So this is not a comprehension problem.
You're just not trying to expand your horizons and try and understand other views than what's in your  own narrow little box. I understand, I'm too deep for you LOL
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:10am
I feel a love connection
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System