BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

We Invented Jesus Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

But Jolie science is the first discipline to say they are fairly certain, not absolutely certain. 
A scientist also cannot be a scientist without a healthy dose of DISBELIEF in the first place. Disbelief in anything that has not been made the object of further exploration. One could also say that DISBELIEF is at the core of all scientific endeavours. Therefore, the word "certain" in any fashion has no place in science. It's all in the way you view it.

Same thing I just saidLOL
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

What if the taught worldview is broad? For example, parents presented to a kid that some people believe in this, some people believe in that, I believe in this, your uncle believes in that, you are free to believe what you want.
should i ever be "befallen" with child(ren), this was where i would go with religion.  

to teach them the different views and they can choose from the buffet when they feel ready. 
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:40pm
i looked up phineas gage. i'd never heard of him. gives me something new to chew on but i'm tired and going to bed. 

this has been one of the best discussion we've had on the board in a long time. i hope its still going strong tomorrow.
Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Holiday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:40pm

Telling words. Until it develops into a THEORY. Theory is neither absolute, not fairly absolute. It remains theory until some other theory comes in and dethrones it.

I never said a theory was absolute. All it takes is a single piece of new data that contradicts a theory to unravel it.

Is there a such thing as being fairly absolute? You're getting close to strawmanning, JP.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Doc Holiday Doc Holiday wrote:

Telling words. Until it develops into a THEORY. Theory is neither absolute, not fairly absolute. It remains theory until some other theory comes in and dethrones it.

I never said a theory was absolute. All it takes is a single piece of new data that contradicts a theory to unravel it.

Is there a such thing as being fairly absolute? You're getting close to strawmanning, JP.

Close?  She done made a matching strawlady with a purse and some shoesLOL

I kid, I kid
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

i looked up phineas gage. i'd never heard of him. gives me something new to chew on but i'm tired and going to bed. 

this has been one of the best discussion we've had on the board in a long time. i hope its still going strong tomorrow.

By the time you come back this thread will be burned to the ground.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:46pm

But Jolie science is the first discipline to say they are fairly certain, not absolutely certain. 
A scientist also cannot be a scientist without a healthy dose of DISBELIEF in the first place. Disbelief in anything that has not been made the object of further exploration. One could also say that DISBELIEF is at the core of all scientific endeavours. Therefore, the word "certain" in any fashion has no place in science. It's all in the way you view it.

Same thing I just saidLOL
Nope. I question the use of fairly + certain. The association of these two words is not logical, in my view. But I'll stop here, lol. To me a lot of this debate is about asking to choose between one factor versus another. As if one is saying "Take a stand. Do you believe in math or in music"? 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Doc Holiday Doc Holiday wrote:

LOL. What's the meaning of the expression "straw man", anyway? I don't understand. Serious question. English is not my first language.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 11 2013 at 11:48pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:49pm
I disagree with that Jolie.  This thread is like here's what I think about music, well I think this about math and this about music.  What are the different elements of music, what do you think about this aspect of musci, etc.

I'm so tired.  This is starting to feel like that thing where you're talking to someone and they keep trying to tell you what you're REALLY saying is.....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:53pm

I disagree with that Jolie.  This thread is like here's what I think about music, well I think this about math and this about music.  What are the different elements of music, what do you think about this aspect of musci, etc.

I'm so tired.  This is starting to feel like that thing where you're talking to someone and they keep trying to tell you what you're REALLY saying is.....
I wouldn't dare put words in  your mouth like that! Only in mine! LOL
We simply have different world views, that is all. Therefore, we do not comprehend each other.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Oct 11 2013 at 11:54pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>