BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Ways to help the people of Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 6:46pm
Already onated this morning Thumbs Up! I been contacting local businesses to donate and most said "sure" or "what's that website? I'll look into it".....right.  I have asked my stylists to donate too, even if it's $5. My sister is 40 miles from Missouri right now, she is a hot head! I am pretty sure she'll get arrested LOL.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:39am
Come Black folk, we can do better than this (it's at 80g now)

lora-does-things:    stars-collected:      Michael Brown was an 18 year old that was killed by a Ferguson Police Officer on Saturday, August 9th.&nbsp; His family is now seeking justice for Michael’s death.&nbsp; Their pursuit for justice will be lengthy and hard but with the support of the community they will get justice.&nbsp; If you are willing to support Michael’s family please donate to Michael Brown’s Memorial Fund.&nbsp; These funds will assist his family with costs that they will acquire as they seek justice on Michael’s behalf.&nbsp; All funds will be given to the Michael Brown family.&nbsp; We appreciate your support.    Donate here.    This is a legitimate fundraiser confirmed by the family’s lawyer’s official twitter account and multiple news sources. This family has suffered so much, please help relieve one small worry from their life.

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:37am
thanks.!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:28pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:00pm
petition "Our Communities Are Not War Zones"

https://www.aclu.org/secure/communities-warzones

Petition to remove Robert P. McCulloch from being the prosecutor in Michael Brown's case; in 2000, he chose to not charge cops who had shot 2 unarmed African American men 20 times:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/appoint-a-special-prosecutor
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:31pm
Ways to help people of Ferguson.... when some idiot talks about black on black crime :

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

odinsblog:

The New Jim Crow

1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black

2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black

3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson

4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime

5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color

6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police

7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent

8. So please - don’t get it twisted

Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 3:07pm
Totally forgot to put where I wanted the money to go for the Don't shoot hoodie
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 4:00pm

Teacher raises $70,000 to feed Ferguson, Mo., children

832 CONNECT 146 TWEET 4 LINKEDIN 21 COMMENTEMAILMORE

ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A schoolteacher from Raleigh, N.C., has helped raise more than $70,000 in just five days to feed the children of Ferguson, according to FeedTheStudents.org.

Julianna Mendelsohn, 33, started a Fundly campaign on Aug. 14 with the aim to raise $80,000 for the St Louis Area Foodbank. The teacher said she was driven by the fact that many children in the U.S. rely on school for their only meals.

"When I found out school had been canceled for several days as a result of the civil unrest, I immediately became worried for the students in households with food instability," Mendelsohn wrote on the site. "With school out, kids are undoubtedly going hungry."

Because of ongoing protests, officials for the Ferguson-Florissant School District announced Monday night they were pushing back the first day of classes to Aug. 25. School had been scheduled to start Aug. 14 for the more than 11,000 students in the district, which encompasses all or part of 11 communities.

Mendelsohn's online campaign raised more than $20,000 on its first day and has grown ever since with more than 2,500 donors contributing from as far away as New Zealand.

"Regardless of your opinion on the civil unrest in Ferguson, there is no need for innocent children to go hungry because of it," Mendelsohn wrote.

Mendelsohn has turned over the administration of the fundraising campaign to volunteers.

"I am bowing out of leading the charge in terms of the social media campaign and maintenance of all of this personally because I need to get back to my 'regular' life as a 5th Grade teacher at Mangum Elementary in Bahama, NC (GO EXPLORERS!)," she wrote. Mendelsohn said she had work to do to prepare her classroom for the upcoming school year and didn't have the time to keep administering the page.

"Myself, my husband and a friend were the only ones managing the social media and the e-mails and phone calls coming in and we're pooped! I literally JUST took the first shower I've taken in 48 hours!" she wrote.

Mendelsohn said the campaign has been "an amazing experience." She wrote that she has "more than accomplished my goal, and am amazed to have been a small part of what has been such a wonderful show of generosity and the amazing connective powers of social media."

The fund is directly linked to the St. Louis Area Foodbank and will keep accepting donations.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 4:01pm
August 19, 2014 An Incredible $97k!

A heartfelt thank you to Trey Songz, who spread the word and just donated $10,000 to #FeedTheStudents, bringing the campaign up and over $95k this afternoon.

You are an amazing and generous human being, sir.

Clap

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 4:03pm
Why couldn't he donate that money to Mike's memorial? We don't know if this fundraiser to feed Ferguson kids will really feed them or will be spent on something else or be spent on only poor white kids.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>