Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ways to determine virgin and remy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ways to determine virgin and remy hair
    Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 4:17am
Hair marketed as raw / virgin and or remy usually comes in loose bulk, machine wefts, handtied wefts and tips (comparable to shoelace ends)

Burn test

Human hair has a distinct smell when burnt. It clumps like burnt protein and turns powdery when touched or rubbed.

Cuticle test (For cuticle-aligned raw, virgin and remy hair)

You don't need microscope to determine cuticle alignment. You can do it with touch. Most virgin hair in wefts have beards. If you touch the beards downward from the weft track, it should feel rough because it isfolded over and lying opposite the downward direction of cuticle-correct hair. Touch the hair itself downward and it should feel smooth. Proceed to touch strands of hair upwards and it must feel rough and fight against friction. Its as if you are backcombing the hair. If the hair feels the same kimd of slip when rubbed on the opposing directions, it means the hair was stripped of its cuticles.

Color test (for raw / virgin hair)

The first wash usually reveals if the hair has been dyed. The factory dye will leak the color with water and turn it darker (or whatever color it came with)
Real raw and virgin hair has natural variations in tone. It is almost never flat in color when held against bright lighting.
Some manufacturers also leave out white hair strands.

Many virgin wefted hairs in the market are steam processed for consistent texture. Some vendors skip this test and just try their best to provide bundles of closely matching natural textures.

Steam processing is sometimes skipped in tipped hairs (for strand-by-strand extensions) because the extension technician can customize textures more easily by careful placement to achieve the look that the client requires. Add to that the fact that many raw Asian hair come in naturally straighter textures.

Raw hair from India sometimes come with undesirable bonus: nits

While most hair hair in the market comes from India and China, Asian countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia and some "Eurasian" countries also supply raw virgin hair. You just have to research very well and if possible, get in contact with local people from these countries who could help you source these ethnic hairs.

While raw, virgin hair is the craze these days, it's not always the best option for everybody.
Unprocessed hair may be inconsistent in textures. Matching raw hair to a client's or buyer's own natural hair can be a challenge especially if the person's hair is ethnically different from the origin of the hair.
This is where steam processing comes in to place. With steam-processed virgin hair, the buyer/client has more certainty with what kind of texture she/he gets.

Some midrange european remy hair are either of Indian origin or Asian ethnic hair with finer strands. The most raw and expensive European virgin hair comes from countries like Russia, Ukraine and sometimes, Germany.

Lower grade hair marketed towards caucasians are heavily-processed to mimic their owm texture and color.

Hair extesnions/wigs used for Asian, African and African-American clients often come from Asian countries since our hair is usually of naturally darker colors. This makes it easier for us to source virgin hair as it needs very little to no processing at all.

Edited by PinoyHairAddict - Feb 26 2016 at 4:20am
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2016 at 10:52pm
Thanks!
tina evans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2016 at 2:20am
this is my first time ordering from ILARIA HAIR PRODUCTS and I am very impressed so far his is my best purchase from aliexpress so far. I bleached, dyed and installed the hair so far no shedding it has been two weeks and I am satisfied with this hair. I also cut it into a bob like style. I recommend this hairClapClap
bellahairNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellahairNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2016 at 9:09am
Hi, everyone!
    Let me introduce our company  briefly: New York Bella Hair company---- factory based hair supplier, we have an showroom and storage in Queens, New York. Our factory is one of the biggest professional hair products manufacturers and exporters in Shandong province of China. The factory is found in the year 2001, covering 25, 000 square meters. There are more than 400 workers and we can produce more than 100, 000 pieces hair goods each month.

We provide all kinds of 100% human virgin hair like single drawn, ombre hair and "one donate" hair, clip in, cold fusion and micro ring in all different textures. all of our hair can be dyed ,bleached, washed and permed. and also high quality hair that is no shedding,no tangling and no smell. We manage the company with the belief that quality is for living and honesty for development.

The price list has been attached, Let me know if you are interested in our product, thank you! 

address: 63-44 Saunders St,Rego Park ,NY, 11374

Our Webside:      http://www.bellahairnyc.com/ - www.bellahairnyc.com

http://www.bellahairchina.com/ - www.bellahairchina.com

Phone/whatsaap:   tel:646-226-5059 - 646-226-5059  (Carol)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic