Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ways of creating Natural/Scalp appearance on LW?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWays of creating Natural/Scalp appearance on LW?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DeeDee2009 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2011 at 9:31am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

I use silicon gel sheets, I stopped wearing wig caps years ago b/c its to restrictive for me, and I just don't like them..i've used sally hansen spray, and makeup from my luminess airbrush but they are ok but I find these work perfect for me.. I've also used the steri strips but they aren't as wide as the silicon sheets plus they are more expensive than the SG sheets..i can get a generic silicon sheets from CVS, it does look like skin, but you've got to have bleached knots otherwise it looks like smashed ants, and no more grid this way.. .also you've got to position it just right or you can find a line of demarcation with these too.. i bring it right down to the edge of the lace, place it on my skin not hair, and then you can't see the line.

ss6

Would you just stop.  Stop it already!  ROFL  Now I got to go to CVS.  Walks away grumbling, "I'm gonna go broke hanging at this forum."  

Beautiful work Sexi....
Sponsored Links

ghostkat08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2011 at 2:36pm
@ Sexi...

So the sheet is applied directly to your hair with the edge on your skin? Is it easy to remove without hairloss or breakage? (I've never used these but would think the sticky part is meant to really stick to where ever)
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by ghostkat08 ghostkat08 wrote:

@ Sexi...

So the sheet is applied directly to your hair with the edge on your skin? Is it easy to remove without hairloss or breakage? (I've never used these but would think the sticky part is meant to really stick to where ever)

sticky side up is applied to the lace, and no hair loss.. and easy to remove just peal it off..

Edited by sexibeach - Sep 06 2011 at 7:44am
eamarsha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2011 at 10:34am

Originally posted by ghostkat08 ghostkat08 wrote:

@ Sexi...

sticky side up is applied to the lace, and no hair loss.. and easy to remove just peal it off..

OMG i used these when my baby bit my breast and caused an infection. (TMI? sorry)  They are pretty thick though, so you just smoosh with the weights.  They're espensive too, but that's better than walking around with grids.
eamarsha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2011 at 10:35am

Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Angry D@MMIT SexiBeach!

Now I got to go run and find those d@mn things. OMG, please STOP feeding the product junkie in me!

Clap Love the look...you did say CVS right?
yes sorry.. LOL i do flatten them out, like i place them underneath a 5lbs weight for a couple of days to make sure they are flat.. they have their own stick and its a good stick.. i cut the edges with the pinking shears so its not a blunt cut straight across.. place it down the the edge of the lace leaving not even a 1/4th of lace, almost to the very edge as close as i can.. you can take some makeup powder and dap it on the SGS and make it a color good for you..

What's SGS?  I feel like I could figure this out on my own, if I didnt just come from a 4 hour meeting.
ghostkat08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 3:32pm
Thanks Sexi!

I dont have a CVS but will check Walgreens and other drugstores.
Bijoux View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 6:00pm
Confused
RICARDO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by AZstudent AZstudent wrote:

Unless you are ready to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on one lace wig for the most natural appearance, it is very hard to achieve.  Most people use glue and feel that is enough, but for me, I dont like glue because you can see the unnatural "hair-plug" look around the circumference of your head.  I gel down baby hairs around the edges and suprisingly, it takes away from that akward "something is not quite right with her hairline" look (LOL)!  Some people do not like bangs, but I found bangs also helps with hiding the lace.  As for the lace withing the scalp area, for me since I have dark hair, you cannot see the lace or knots at the base and no...I do not wear a wig cap.

Ok I rarely come in these parts but there are a few things that you can do to make your lf look more realistic and not so fake.

1.  First, gelled down baby hairs is the FIRST thing thats going to give it away that it is a lace front.

2.  If you have a whole lace unit bleaching your knots lighten them so it doesnt look like a black ball on the lace

3.  Wear a nude colored stocking cap underneath your lace front so when people see through the lace at least it appears that there is a light brown scalp or at least a scalp closer to your color then not wearing one and when people see through the lace all they see is black.

4.  You dont have to spend thousands on a lace front for it to look realistic.  What you are paying thousands of dollars for with an expensive wig is the fact that the hair they attach to it is usually a very expensive remy hair.
girl SIX View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by ChicFrenchy ChicFrenchy wrote:

Unless you are ready to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on one lace wig for the most natural appearance, it is very hard to achieve.  Most people use glue and feel that is enough, but for me, I dont like glue because you can see the unnatural "hair-plug" look around the circumference of your head.  I gel down baby hairs around the edges and suprisingly, it takes away from that akward "something is not quite right with her hairline" look (LOL)!  Some people do not like bangs, but I found bangs also helps with hiding the lace.  As for the lace withing the scalp area, for me since I have dark hair, you cannot see the lace or knots at the base and no...I do not wear a wig cap.
Wrong. All this is no correct. Sorry. You give a hell lot of bad info. WRONG!
Eta: As LuAnn from RHONY said :"Go back to the closet you came from". ThanksBig smile

lmao damn!
girl SIX View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by MinnieMe MinnieMe wrote:

Wow...i guess not everyone is friendly here on this site.  By the way, my suggestions are just that...MY SUGGESTIONS.  No matter how you wear it, it is still fake hair...every woman can spot fake hair on another woman (hence, I can spot a woman wearing a weave/lace wig and vice versa).  It is up to each person on how they desire to wear their hair. 

If it makes you feel great and confident...then do it!!!

No they can be brutal at times grow some tough skin girl and you will be okay. Browse around, Research, and ask questions. Do a lot of learning before posting! It will save you a headache. Gelled down baby hairs, and synthetics are frowned upon .Nuke

us black women have no mercy...
but still it the best fourm iv ever been on. ive learned so much
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic