Perfect Hair Collection

Topic Closedwashing you hair before a relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mzgoodez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: washing you hair before a relaxer
    Posted: Apr 30 2008 at 6:41pm
here's my problem..my head has been itching like crazy and i've been beating the crap out of my head to prevent myself from scratching my scalp. yesterday i asked my mom to grease my scalp with the sulfer 8 in order to prevent it from itching...didn't work.. now my head is overgreased and still itching..soooooooooooo i wanted to wash my hair AGAIN because i can't take the itching plus my head is too greasy and i don't think my relaxer will take..

now i'm getting my hair relaxed on SATURDAY but i don't want my scalp to be burning due to me washing my scalp today...

what should i do?

please help me...i need to know if it's okay to wash my hair today and expect no burning when i relax on saturday. also what's the best thing for me to do...

please help
Sponsored Links

Angie21 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2008 at 7:16pm

Hi mzgoodez ...

I haven't been on here since April 06...been very busy :>)

Anyway....

I think it would be okay to wash say, four days before relaxing if you feel you really needed to, but I think you are cutting it tight at this stage.

I think you should try to stick it out and do give your scalp a good scratch, BUT...with the palms of your finger tips...this will not scratch the scalp, but more or less give it a brisk massage and which should relieve the itch slightly...remember, you only have two days to go, so on/off when itching is intense, just sit, put your head forward and rub all over scalp, firmly and briskly with palms of fingertips. I did this myself once and it worked for me.

I don't have afro type hair, though it is on the dry side...I hate relaxers ... I like my own natural ripple curl, but too much fiddly maintenance and time taken up with it, where as the relaxer helps to give a smoother salon blow-dry and it is just a case of brush and go...don't particularly like poker straight hair and only use it to save time with my hair.

There was a straightner gel I remember years back in a salon here in Dublin and it was used with heat, combing flat and then put back under heat dryer; this  was repeated a few times before rinsing out...lasted approx 6 months, hair was smoother, staighter, (no blow-drying required) and grew out well, as in...Soft waves returning and I loved that stage also. It was not half as harsh as relaxers, either. It don't seem to exist anymore  or I would be using that, instead :>(    ...Think it was called Lamar. Why do they stop doing things that work well is beyond me.

Anyway, try the above, you only have two days to go and it should get you through the intense moments...Hope so! Good Luck!!

Angie

ATLexxPrinCess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2008 at 10:36pm
people say you need like 3 days to pass before you get a perm after washing
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 9:42pm
Yeah I'd say anywhere from a week to 3 days, just to give your scalp a break. Although some people say not to even brush your hair on the days nearing your relaxer but I never listen... I brush my hair EVERY day! lol
good luck =)
mzgoodez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2008 at 6:27am
thanz
Ladyash2004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 7:10pm

before I found bhm i use to wash my hair before a relaxer never had to much of a problem...but the relaxer will relax through that grease LOL!!

coollmama2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 11:20pm
I just took a shower and wet my head can i still relax my hair I didnt shampoo it or anything just let the water run through it ?I want tot relax it tomorrow
shawnie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 10:39am
i think the problem when you wet/wash your hair is that your pores are now opened.......I would not perm my hair the same day I wash........I would wait at least 4days-week
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic