BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Wash and gos dont work on Nappy hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:33pm
@exceeding grace

Btw, I forgot earlier but another tip for applying your kccc gel (but I've seen it work w/ other types of gel as well) is try smoothing the gel at the base of the hair section, almost like you would if you were doing a root touch up with hair dye. Then you smooth it down the hair strand so it isn't too thick at the roots, and proceed to smoothing and raking. That is a technique I've done and seen done and it really helps make sure the roots are properly sealed with the gel, for better definition.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:09pm
The Kccc alone will leave the hair hard as a brick and the shrinkage is too much. A solution is to  use an emollient  rich product first like Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie and then apply the gel afterward if you must.
exceedinggrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote exceedinggrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:51pm
Thanks for the tip, pink. I will try doing that tomorrow. Big smileSmile
Today was my 2nd day wash and go and i was plsd with the results. My hair actually had movement! Usually when it's dry it doesn't have enough weight to it to shake or anything, lol. Guess the moisture is holding up in my hair. I just had to say this cause i was just so impressed by that.

Ladyarada, I am getting the feeling u have some personal disagreements with the cg method, and r going out of ur way 2 undermine almost every point pink has made in this forum message. bcuz of that, I understnd her fustration, as I think she's given more than enough backup 4 her view. I think this is a very helpful post, and we need to b able to appreciate that. So far all I see is arguing 4 arguement's sake, and alot of the alternative solutions u make r 1's i've tried time and time again, but didn't give me the moisture i was looking 4. I have had positive results with what pink is talking about, and I believe she better understands the perspective of kinkier hair textures like myself.

As 4 wat u said about kccc, I've never had a problem with it making my hair feel like a brick, or dry. This is the Exact reason i switched from eco styler to it. I also find that unlike eco, I don't necessarily need oil underneath, as it has a soft hold under conditioner, and my the second day my hair feels even softer. btw, shea butter and shea moisture products are another 1 of the things that give my hair 30 minute results, and then leave me with greasy straw like hair. If i was to use anything i'd probably try a tiiny bit of castor oil, to get a 2nd day feel on 1st day. But even then, I don't feel it's necessary 4 my hair. thx 4 the suggestion tho. Shrinkage? I've gotten it with every product and i don't see it as a negative thing. I see it as a sign of moisture.

Edited by exceedinggrace - Mar 02 2014 at 10:52pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by exceedinggrace exceedinggrace wrote:

Ladyarada, I am getting the feeling u have some personal disagreements with the cg method, 
I am glad you got that message, you're right! I already posted on page 2 some of the problems I have with that methodology. I seriously doubt you know hair better than I do. I taught Cosmetology school and was a salon manager for over a decade. I did both Caucasian and Afro hair. I personally find the TC system to be a better option for wash and go's for Afro hair.  So YES!.
What I am sensing is you don't even want to try that system because you're hooked on the idea of "curly girl"  or maybe the word curly being associated w/ type 4 hair. That is your prerogative. Presenting more options and more information is a GOOD thing so that people can make an informed decision about their hair instead of just blindly swallowing a one size fits all approach.

I have learned in my years in hair that there is seldom a one size fits all answer to anything. Solutions must be tweaked for the individual for best results.
PS I actually think CG works good for MY hair (3b) and Caucasian hair when buffered with T C  techniques all mixed together into one blended methodogy and approach. I think it is a very bad approach for 4 type hair in general. Shingling and smoothing, which are Tight Curly approach, are a much better way of dealing with 4 hair.  Smoothing is even better for 3 hair usually. You only need scrunching for 2 and loose 3 hair usually.  Also, emollients like conditioner with oils or styling creams which can be used with LOC  are better for Black hair in general  than just gels of any sort alone. The exception would be a moisturizing gel. But even so, I think our hair thrives off of emollients. Caucasian hair is the one that benefits most from a diet of strictly gels because they need bulking up, lift and thickening that gels offer. Gels alone on Afro hair will ultimately lead to drying if emollient rich products are not added to the mix. That is where the Tightly Curly and the Curly Girl methods also differ. Tightly Curly method steers toward lipid and emollient rich nourishment for Black hair instead of steering toward drying gels. Yes there are some gels with emollients as you said, but the LOC method is better for our hair than trying to go strictly gel  of any sort imo. Also again, scrunching (from Curly Girl system) is usually not very necessary for Black hair. Separating curls individually and smoothing them with emollients is better for our hairs 3 and 4 alike.... and that is a Tightly Curly Methodology, and shingling curls. It is not Curly Girl. Here is a video on shingling our hair

This is the technique used on Black hair for many years. It is what you also do to your hair in the Tightly Curly Method and is not part of Curly Girl system. But it works on Black hair as a styling technique. Scrunching that cg advocates... not so much for our hair. It will encourage more tangles and matting as opposed to smooth popping curls.
Another thing, Curly Girl seems to preach that something must have dried out natural hair and if we work at it hard enough, we will one day be able to just use gels only instead of oils like some other hair types do. ( Drying gels are the main styling tool for Curly Girl) Our hair just IS naturally drier and for that reason gels aren't going to help it. LOC, emollients, oils and moisturizers Will help our hair. Gels can be included if they make you comfy, but our hair needs application of emollients and lipids instead of thinking we can some day produce them if we keep at it hard enough. Hair is DEAD once it's on your head. It is not going to start producing anything that it did not already. You need to apply the moisture and oils topically. Gels alone generally don't have much of either of these that our hair needs. In fact too much drying gel is generally counterindicated for our hair. Moisturizing and oil rich products are indicated for our hair

I hope you're following what I am saying. I am getting that for a lot of you cg is like Christ off of the cross and incarnated on earth which you blindly want to accept like a cult. But when you analyze it and really look at the techniques in its bible, the Tightly Curly system is more 3b-4c friendly than the products and styling techniques from Curly Girl. I get you just want to SAY, "hey I'm doing Curly Girl" and you're willing to alter its system however, as long as you can call it Curly Girl. At that point after you've modified cg to be more friendly to our hair, you may actually be doing something more like the the Tightly Curly method. But hey, if it helps you to get through your nights better if you can call it the Curly Girl system then go for it and do whatever makes you happy.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 03 2014 at 9:02am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:56am
Lady Aradia, you are waaay too hung up over the fact I am calling this method curly girl. I am calling it curly girl because that's what the youtubers who I picked have called the methods they are doing.

You even said yourself, the tightly curly method is simply a modified version of the curly girl method is it not? But this modified method would have to be completely modified again to work for the group of naturals I am aiming this post at. The methods will always have to bend for what our hair needs are, no one's hair is the same, and I can't believe you are brushing over everything I wrote for some technicality you believe is there.

Do any of the youtube videos I put say anything about scrunching, divacurl products as staple, or even using harsh gels? Kinky hair can use gels and like aketafitgirl said, it's necessary because it helps keep the hair from tangling. Kccc is not drying to the hair, and their are other options of gels that aren't drying to the hair, if you find your hair feels crunchy b/c of aloe.(which is a protein, which you are apparently convinced every curly hair loves) I took the time to explain that a lot of the factors causing dryness is simply the products people use. You even damantly insist on protein treatments and heavy oils , and all these things that coat and build up on the hair and dry it out. I insist on the cg method b/c it's about embracing your curls, not trying to get them looser, the FREQUENT if not daily rehydration of the hair by gentle clarifying and addition of water and more botanical conditioners. Tightly curly method loves silicones, sulfates, heavy oils, and glycerin, you said it yourself unless I misread it. If these things were compatible with every black person's hair, we wouldn't be having these problems. And I identified these problems, and obviously they ring true for ppl who actually have the type of hair i'm aiming this at.

There is no such thing as hair getting "nappier" from putting water in it. If anything it's dehydrating your hair that causes nappiness. I have a mixture of type 4 hair, and I've been natural for 7 years. since when does being a hairstylist automatically make you an expert on 4b/4c hair? A lot of the problems with our hair are either shrouded in mystery or deemed 'unsolvable'. Hair stylists only recently got the know about our hair, it was the community of people who had our hair that needed to start figuring things out for themselves, before hairstylist jumped on the bandwagon.

Majority of my hair I would consider either 4b or 4c, with some 4a in the back that must be 3x as small as aucurlsnaturalle's supposedly "type 4" hair. before I adopted this method no amount of the typical advice you are giving did much for my hair. I did the twistouts that looked good for 3 days max b4 I started getting knots, dryness and and frizzing. I did a wide array of protective styles that seemed to dry out my hair and cause even more manipulation and build up as my hair builds up pretty quickly. I've used eco styler gel and hated it. Kccc and flaxseed gel did not take the moisture out of my hair. This isn't about loosening curls, this is about hydrated curls. And obviously hydration is the answer.

I have explained over and over again that I am not recommending products. I support the cg method because of the max hydration. At this point you are just shoving words into my mouth and running off on your own interpretations for everyone that disagrees with you.

What I hate the most is when hairstylists claim to know your hair better that you know your own hair and that is what you are doing. I don't get why you are making such a big deal about calling it curly girl method. It's like all the information i'm putting out here is just going through one ear and out the other. You keep talking as though there are these unequivacal rules about black hair, you can't use any gel at all ever cause only white people can use it, or ppl with looser curls. This here highlights your ignorance.

kccc is called "kinky curly curling custard" is it not? I'm showing actual examples of maximum hydration. yet I see no examples of reeeaaal tight course textures like mine actually transforming. Aucurlnatural clearly has majority type 3 hair. It is 3c. If her hair is type 4, then I must have type 5 hair. There is not one video post from you showing maximumly hydrated hair on someone with the 4a 4b 4c texture that I am talking about-- you are clearly on the side that supports that Nappy hair is a hair type. The video you showed has this woman just slapping gel on near dry hair. Her hair will probably dry out in 30 minutes. That is what's contributing to her nappiness (ie. dry, frizzy hair. frizz and nappiness is caused by lack of moisture, so how could you say that a method that tells you to hydrate your hair makes your hair nappier? It makes no sense.

If you're a hair stylist, I am hoping this is not the kind of advice you are giving to your kinkier coiled and zigzagged clients, as their hair is the type of hair that needs water and moisture the most. I've proved that with the resources I provided, and my explanation. Whereas you seem to be implying taking steps to care for our curls in a moisturizing way is somehow selfhate.

Do you know majority of type 4 naturals have already tried and done the things you are saying? Including the girl in the, "wash and goes don't work on nappy hair video". Obviously if the things you are talking about worked for her, she wouldn't have been so frustrated with the dryness and unmanagibility of her hair, and eventually she relaxed her hair. These are the kind of naturals OUR section in the natural community have to look up to, and only people with that type of hair who have experienced it and recovered from dry unmanageable hair should be the people we look to for advice. I cannot relate to aucurlsnaturalle's hair even if you sit down and insist that her hair is type 4. It doesn't and never has looked anything like mine, even without product.

What I hate the most is that you are not offering a different solution, you are the problem that I was addressing when I posted this post. I've come up with videos and everything PROVING this method improves hydration in the hair, and all you've wanted to do is prove you are right.

I'm getting a really condescending feeling with you saying we want to call it the curly girl method, as if this is something I just pulled out of thin air. You're acting like i'm calling twist outs and braid out the curly girl method. The curly girl method is wash and gos, and there's no strict rules saying you must only use divacurl products. The are plenty of naturals who don't use diva curl products, who still call their regimens curly girl. This is because majority of ppl understand cg to be frequent wash and goes to build up moisture levels in your hair. the TC method would be a back and forth between product buildup, and stripping my hair of moisture. I think It's time we looked at people who've experienced what i'm talking about and who have increased the manageability and moisture retention in their hair.

Please, take the time to read each point I make with out getting into your feelings. This is not a personal post against you, but it is a post disagreeing with the methods you are speaking of from the stand point of a 4b/4c natural. I don't like repeating points I have already made, so please don't read half of it and go off on another tangent when I've already thoroughly proved my points, gave visual examples and resources, and took the time to put all this together.

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 03 2014 at 9:00am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:17am
Pink you are making an inaccurate assumption that shingling and Tight curly methods do not involve hydration. Quite the contrary, both methods involve the same frequent co washing as curly girl. So stop making up lies.  No one ever said that water makes hair " nappier" you used quotes to imply they were my words and they are not. You apparently will lie anyway possible to promote this company. How long have you been their biggest advertiser? Are you on the payroll. You should be. Also I never said Tight Curly "is a version of Curly Girl" That would assume curly girl is the original and it is not. Natural gelled and lubricated wash and goes have been done on Black hair for MANY decades (centuries even) long before that company arrived in the last 10 years and tried to claim to invent it.   I was doing them on patrons 20 and 30 years ago in fact.

You say I did not offer a solution. That is a lie. I keep offering TWO solutions but you are too blind to read them... Tight Curly Method and Shingling Method of Wash and go. I see you are stuck on one system. Good for you.  

So apparently you will stop at nothing. You will lie, make up quotes that didn't exist, use insults and nasty language, anything to promote that woman's company.  The conversation is no longer intelligent with all this telling of lies and name calling so I will leave you to wallow in your discomfort.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 03 2014 at 9:36am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:18am
Edit: blindly accept like the cult? Where anywhere did you get that impression from anything that I wrote? I'm saying it is good, because it works. I have seen an improvement in other naturals like myself's hair. I have seen an improvement in my own hair. I am PROVING everything i'm saying. But you seem to be the only one here hung up on the word curly girl that you are not getting the message at all.

You are not only shoving words into my mouth, that I neither said or am trying to imply, but you are clearly the one who is being hardheaded in this situation. You are simply disagreeing because you believe you know better, and are trying to force methods that I've already pointed out to not be effective. I'm not going to blindly accept anything unless I can prove it, have tried it, and it makes logical sense to me.

I am not going to blindly agree with what you are saying because I've been there, tried the things you are talking about, and so have plenty of naturals. I see no increases in moisture retention, I see time consuming hours spent twisting the hair into looser looking curls b/c they don't feel their hair looks moisturized enough to just wear in a wash and go. but i'm the self hater for encouraging people to hydrate their coils and zig zags.

You have not proved anything your saying is more beneficial for type 4b/4c hair than the entirety of the regimen I have explained. but I guess i'm supposed to just believe you because you try and make it seem like this post is about worshipping white hairstylsts. It would NEVER have any thing to do with the actual effectiveness, or anything.

Trying to use these racial tension tactics in your argument is not going to change the fact that what I am saying has nothing to do with that.In the end water will always work for the hair. Our hair needs water, and the method I am talking about it most effectively targets that issue in our hair.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:55am
I totally agree our hair needs moisture. So stop act like you're telling me something I don't know. I  think our hair also needs oils. Our hair does not need gel though.   I am not here to prove anything to you because I can't do your hair online. Do the research on the other systems please. Buy the other book. Try it and then you can decide for yourself. You are arguing against a system that you have not researched. Read the other book before you disagree with it. I have read all 3 of the books mentioned in this thread. Apparently maybe you read the Curly Girl book only.  Please read the other book before you dismiss it and make inaccurate statements about it.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 10:36am
Great post. I'm interested in how to get that popping coil look WITHOUT spending hours in the bathroom.

I know some people can do CG method and it works, but it doesn't work like that in my hair.

The girls you posted at first are great examples of what is possible, but they do not articulate their method well (except for one of them who seems to have more of 3C hair, not 4C hair). None of the first girls mentioned needed to smooth gel through their hair. 

There's just a lot of random tips and information here. I'm looking for a simple, NOT-time-comsuming method. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Pink you are making an inaccurate assumption that shingling and Tight curly methods do not involve hydration. Quite the contrary, both methods involve the same frequent co washing as curly girl. So stop making up lies.  No one ever said that water makes hair " nappier" you used quotes to imply they were my words and they are not. You apparently will lie anyway possible to promote this company. How long have you been their biggest advertiser? Are you on the payroll. You should be. Also I never said Tight Curly "is a version of Curly Girl" That would assume curly girl is the original and it is not. Natural gelled and lubricated wash and goes have been done on Black hair for MANY decades (centuries even) long before that company arrived in the last 10 years and tried to claim to invent it.   I was doing them on patrons 20 and 30 years ago in fact.

You say I did not offer a solution. That is a lie. I keep offering TWO solutions but you are too blind to read them... Tight Curly Method and Shingling Method of Wash and go. I see you are stuck on one system. Good for you.  

So apparently you will stop at nothing. You will lie, make up quotes that didn't exist, use insults and nasty language, anything to promote that woman's company.  The conversation is no longer intelligent with all this telling of lies and name calling so I will leave you to wallow in your discomfort.

Before I get into this, let me first apologize if I said anything to personally offend you. I disagree with you, but i'm not trying to offend anyone here, so if you got that impression, let me say that is not my intention. also, I am not being paid for this at all. I'm pretty sure I made a post here before about ecostyler gel, I just haven't really been as activate as I have been lately. I don't know why ppl always try to assume when someone is dedicated to a topic it's some form of marketing. i'm not benefitting from posting anything on this site, i'm just sharing knowledge, like everyone else here is, so I would appreciate if you didn't try to belittle everything i'm saying just b/c I disagree with you.

THESE ARE DIRECT QUOTES FROM YOUR EARLIER POSTS BTW, ALONG WITH MY REBUTTALS.

"the curly girl technique will not turn kinks into curls. In fact, her technique is designed mainly for white women with slightly curly hair who want to make it TIGHTER or nappier."

the cg technique makes the hair nappier. You said and implied that, and in your post when you said, "The Kccc alone will leave the hair hard as a brick and the shrinkage is too much. A solution is to use an emollient rich product first.."

I assumed that meant you think that water and moisture alone under the gel would cause shrinkage, hence putting oil underneath to weigh the hair down further. You also implied you think oil is the pergotive instead of water/conditioner, because we should be wanting to aspire for a looser look. this is where I had my disagreements with you about zigzag and coils having the ability to exist without being nappy. this is one of the main things I argued against even in my first post.

"I also read the Curly Girl book today as well as The Tight Curly book. They are both good and both offer excellent tips and suggestions. In the end one should try both and see what works best for the individual"

But you changed your tone several times..

"PS I actually think CG works good for MY hair (3b) and Caucasian hair when buffered with T C techniques all mixed together into one blended methodology and approach. I think it is a very bad approach for 4 type hair in general."

I am confused about what you are trying to convey in both the quotes above. You said they are both good techniques and one should try and see what works best for the individual, but it's obvious you don't really believe that by your second quote. throughout this entire post I have emphasized making the cg method work best for your hair. I gave the 4b/4c low porosity standpoint of how to actually make it work for your hair, how to get max hydration, but you completely ignored the examples of transformed hair that I showed, and insist it doesn't work for type 4 hair.

"Curly Girl is trying to impose volumizing, drying Caucasian styling techniques on already thick, dry Black hair."
I already said, make it work for you. The parts of the method I have emphasized are the moisturizing regimens, not techniques. Techniques are what you do to make something work for you. I am giving those techniques, and videos of people succeeding and changing their hair with those techniques. I myself are using these techniques, and if they were not working, i'd be bashing them right now.

"OH, one last thing, the author of curly girls contradicts herself about not liking silicones because the brand of hair color she produces and promotes is SILICONE BASED and full of many silicones."

Do I have to repeat this over and over? I am not telling anyone to buy the divacare brand! Not at all! in any way! ziltch! Please find a quote where I said, "Diva care products are the best for 4a/4b/ low porosity hair." or "We all need to buy diva care products." You keep bringing this up, but it isn't relevant in anyway.

"Gels can be included if they make you comfy, but our hair needs application of emollients and lipids instead of thinking we can some day produce them if we keep at it hard enough. Hair is DEAD once it's on your head. It is not going to start producing anything that it did not already. You need to apply the moisture and oils topically. Gels alone generally don't have much of either of these that our hair needs. In fact too much drying gel is generally counterindicated for our hair. Moisturizing and oil rich products are indicated for our hair"

Our hair does not produce water. Our hair produces oil. everyone's hair does. In the science of black hair it says our hair does produce oil, it just can't get down the entire hair shaft. Secondly, you seem to be implying that oil is the same thing as moisture. It isn't. Water moisturizes the hair. conditioner moisturizes the hair. Oil does not moisturize the hair. They seal in moisture just like gel does, and can be just as drying depending on the gel ur using. This is why I recommended botanical and gels with little to no proteins or at least no harsh ones. They don't have a longterm drying effect on the hair strands, the also, gel does a better job of sealing in moisture because it creates a cast. The drying effect of the cast is usually because gel either contains plastics or harsh proteins. But even you yourself are not against protein, infact you encourage it, recommending henna treatments, and protein treatments, ecostyler gel, and silicones which act like protein in the hair.

The only reason I emphasize gel is because it seals in moisture better, and clumps the curl into organized parts that are prevented from tangling up on one another. It will not make a curl, it hold the curl that wants to pop up and better defines it. However if your hair is not moisturized and hydrated, you will have your curls unable to form together. This is explained in the science of black hair as well. that will cause the knotting, tangling, and dryness naturals find in their hair because they are not sealing moisture into the hairshaft. Barely any of the water is actually absorbing into the cuticle so the curls aren't forming. the gel is then not furfilling it's purpose and just sitting on dehydrated hair, drying it further.

“I think a conditioner or Eco Styler gel with OILs added and with vegetable glycerine added will produce the best results. I think that castor oil with olive oil is a good oil mix. Add Vegetable glycerine to that and some eco styler gel for a winning formula to do the Culy Like Me Tightly Curly Method.”

This post is for people who find their hair not getting anymore moisturized from doing these methods. I am one of them, and they do not work for my hair type. This is what I was addressing when I said, TC is a version of CG. The only difference is the Tc method encourages silicones oils and glycerine, and that is what makes it tightly curly. Unfortunetly, these difference are non beneficial on type 4 hair, which is different from type 3 hair, type 2 hair and type 1 hair. Our hair is different and that's what i'm emphasizing. The writer of the tc method looks to have type 3 hair to me. The adivice may be more relevant for looser textures but not for the tightest, naturally drier texturers. It is specifically the encouragement of silicones and sulfates I won't bend on.

"So just feel free to co wash and dont try to remove the protective silicone coatings from the strands. "

This is a fundamental disagreement I have. Hair needs to be gently clarified. You cannot leave silicones in your hair. period. Pretty sure the practice of using silciones and sulfates is from ignorance of curly hair that has been perpetualized in white hair products. So what your saying actually gravitates toward a more straight hair way of thinking.

Pink you are making an inaccurate assumption that shingling and Tight curly methods do not involve hydration. Quite the contrary, both methods involve the same frequent co washing as curly girl. So stop making up lies.

Please give me an example of 4b/4c/4a girls doing solely the tightly curly method, using silicones, glycerin and heavy butters that have maximum hydration. Also, I'm not making anything up. Silicones and sulfates are drying for the hair, you can't continuously use silicones (which block moisture from the hair) and sulfates (which strip moisture from the hair.

"Also I never said Tight Curly "is a version of Curly Girl"

"In the final analysis, both authors REALLY ARE SAYING THE EXACT SAME THINGS!!!…There are only a few minor differences in their opinions. So it boils down to who do you want to hear it from. "

Okay, so they are saying "the exact same things" at the base, but aren't different versions of one another? Okay. If you're trying to say that the author of the tightly curly method wasn't influenced at all by the cg method, then I'm no even going to get into that. The tightly curly method is a modified version of the cg method for women with tightly curly hair, and what I am saying and have said SEVERAL TIMES THROUGHOUT THIS POST is that this method is a modified version of the cg method. In the end they are all the same things with slight variations, but those slight variations make or break the hydration levels in our hair. It isn't about who I want to hear them from, I do not support the use of silicones and sulfates and heavy oils in the hair.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic