Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Ms.Allyse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was Justice Served?? Race Crime
    Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 9:52pm
Not sure if this has been posted.....this was so sad to me. What are your thoughts??

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=4581800&page=1

20/20 Exclusive: 'I Never Meant to Shoot That Young Man'

Racially Charged Shooting Divides Peaceful New York Suburb

By JESSICA HORNIG
April 4, 2008
FONT SIZE
RSS var addthis_pub = 'abcnews'; < ="text/" ="http://s9.addthis.com/js/widget.php?v=10">

Teenage jealousy, racial tensions, too much alcohol and a single gunshot: All those elements came together on Aug. 9, 2006. And when it was over, Dano Cicciaro, a white teenager, lay dead, while John White, an African American family man, stood accused of murder.

John%20White
John White walks into court in Riverhead, N.Y.
(Ed Betz/AP Photo)

The incident and the trial that followed would spark racial tensions in a quiet, overwhelmingly white suburb. White was convicted of manslaughter last December, which was just the beginning of the story. Now, in an exclusive interview with "20/20" co-anchor Elizabeth Vargas, White says that the incident was a terrible, tragic accident.

Watch the story tonight on "20/20" at 10 p.m. ET

In 2004, White, 53, and his family moved to Miller Place, a tranquil seaside suburb on Long Island, N.Y., and his son Aaron entered Miller Place High School as a senior. Aaron White was just one of four black students but he made a big effort to become part of his class and succeed in school. He attended neighborhood gatherings where auto-obsessed teens showcased their rides. Few at those get-togethers were more passionate about cars than 17-year-old Daniel Cicciaro. Known to everyone as Dano, he'd been a regular at his father's garage since he was 8 years old and planned to follow in his father's footsteps.

They were two kids with promising futures, but Dano Cicciaro and Aaron White were about to be set on a tragic collision course. In December 2005, two friends of Aaron's posing as Aaron in an Internet chat room as a prank made sexual threats against a local girl named Jennifer Martin.

"It said something along the lines of, 'Let's get to Jennifer Martin's house and rape her,'" recalled Jennifer, who was 15 at the time. "It scared me a lot. It terrified me."

Aaron never told Jennifer that he wasn't involved in the prank, although he told several others, including Jennifer's boyfriend, that he'd never written anything about her.

By the following summer, Aaron, 19, thought the incident with Jennifer had been long forgotten. But on the night of August 9, he was invited to a birthday party for Jennifer's brother Craig at the Martin home. But Jennifer says she was still unaware that Aaron was not the one who had threatened her. "I did not expect to see Aaron White at all," she said. "When he walked in my back door it just sent chills up my spine."

adsonar_placementId=1280597;adsonar_pid=59751;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=165;adsonar_zh=220;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';< ="" ="http://js.adsonar.com/js/adsonar.js">< id="qas_frm" name="qas_frm" method="get" ="" target="">< name="ie52_mac_only" value="" ="">< name="adsonar_serve568780" id="adsonar_serve568780" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ="0" ="0" ="http://ads.adsonar.com/adserving/getAds.jsp?previousPlacementIds=&placementId=1280597&pid=59751&ps=-1&zw=165&zh=220&url=http%3A//abcnews.go.com/2020/story%3Fid%3D4581800%26page%3D1&v=5&dct=ABC%20News%3A%20Exclusive%3A%20%27I%20Never%20Meant%20to%20Shoot%27" border="0" height="220" scrolling="no" width="165">

When Aaron arrived at the party shortly after 10 p.m., there were about two dozen teens there, including Dano Cicciaro. Within minutes, Jennifer prompted Dano, a longtime friend of hers, to ask Aaron to leave.

"I just said, okay and I left it's not my house, not my property," Aaron said. "I have no right to question him."

After Aaron left, Jennifer told Dano about the Internet threat and Dano got angry and decided he was going to call Aaron to confront him. A toxicology report would later reveal that Dano Cicciaro had a blood alcohol level of 0.14 enough to show that he was intoxicated.

'I Was Really Scared'

According to Aaron, shortly after he left the party, he received a call from Dano, who he says was using racial slurs and threatening him. That conversation, beginning at 10:32 p.m. and less than two minutes long, sparked a series of frenzied phone calls between the two. The argument escalated to the point where Dano made a decision to go to Aaron's home. Dano and a friend left in one car, and were soon followed by a second carrying three more teenagers, including Anthony Simoene and Thomas Maloney, who says he had no idea how bitter the argument had become.

"I was friends with Aaron from high school," Maloney said. "So it was gonna be me talking one friend to another friend, you know. I had no problem being a mediator in the whole situation."

Sponsored Links

lady*Jai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:03pm
...what happened????
lady*Jai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:05pm
did aarons dad shoot that lil fukk??
Ms.Allyse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:08pm
Yes. Aarons dad SHOT the white guy Dano, and he died.......

I read some of the comments, even some white people were saying that they would've reacted the same way..
PitchBlease View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:23pm
Didn't some white guy kill three black guys who broke into his house? And wasnt he declared a hero for protecting his property. But a black man who kills a white kids goes to jail for protecting his child?? Wtf??
yourleoqueen View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:25pm
This has been posted before, and the general consensus was 'I would have shot him too! Angry '

I still don't think this man should have to serve jail time. You have the right to defend your-self and your family against imminent danger. I can certainly see why Mr. White saw 2 car loads of drunk white boys in his driveway as a threat.

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:27pm
exactly.
I posted this when the verdict came out and i think he should have been acquitted.Parents love to complain when something bad happens to their kids but when they running around terrorizing people where are the parents.
WorkInProgress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:34pm
I would have stayed in my house and called the police. That boy was wrong. but he no way deserved to lose his life and his parents to lose their child. 
hennypenny View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:40pm
And to think this was all based on a lie. I don't think justice was served but I'm glad he didn't get the maximum and will be out soon, well a day is too much but 2 yrs is better than the 15 he was originally looking at.
lady*Jai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 10:40pm

i support black

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic