Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"Want marital bliss? Then Stay In Your Place!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Want marital bliss? Then Stay In Your Place!"
    Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:55am
http://mic.com/articles/93077/the-princeton-mom-s-latest-advice-for-women-sets-feminism-back-50-years

The Princeton Mom's Latest "Advice" For Women Sets Feminism Back 50 Years

Julianne Rosss avatar image By Julianne Ross  
the, princeton, moms, latest, The Princeton Mom's Latest "Advice" For Women Sets Feminism Back 50 YearsImage Credit: Getty

Want marital bliss? Then stay in your place, ladies!

That's the latest message from Susan Patton, a.k.a. the "Princeton Mom," who's back to tell all you ungrateful wives how to make your husbands happy.

During a recent segment on Fox & Friends titled "Husband Appreciation: Sage Advice For Wives," thecontroversial author slammed the modern woman for acting like "an entitled princess." Feminists "have overcorrected" for past inequalities, Patton asserts, lamenting the fact "women now have become so emboldened by these antagonistic feminists that they have lost sight of the fact that this is the man you married."

There you have it. Marital dissatisfaction is all the fault of meddling feminists, whose furor over petty concerns like social and economic equality has pushed aside what's really important in life, like having a cocktail ready for your husband when he gets home from work.

Watch the clip:

Of course, one would hope that married women appreciate (and, ideally, love) their husbands, but the qualities that make marriage work are not divided along gendered lines. Studies have shown that lasting, healthy relationships are built on a relatively simple foundation of mutual kindness and generosity. Telling women to better adhere to outdated, servile gender roles isn't the answer; encouraging respect on the part of both husbands and wives is.

Nevertheless, this type of narrow, backward thinking isn't surprising coming from Patton. In March she published Marry Smart, a full-length version of her earlier, much-maligned letter to her alma mater, urging women to devote 75% of their youth to husband hunting in lieu of professional development.

It's also a fairly popular topic for Fox. Later that same day, Fox & Friends spoke with Executive Presenceauthor Sylvia Ann Hewlett about her tips for ambitious businesswomen. Hewlett seems to share Patton's attitudes regarding how ladies should behave, and her advice during the "Girls Gone Mild" segment included telling women to speak in lowered tones and to be careful not to "fill the air with words."

Image Credit: Fox via YouTube

Patton wants young women to believe she's just looking out for them, because entitled princesses turn into cat ladies before you know it: She warns that finding a husband after your mid-30s is "almost impossible. And if you don't believe me ask your maiden aunt, she will tell you when she's done feeding the cats." 

Patton herself is divorced.

Sponsored Links

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Patton herself is divorced.

lol @ the last sentence in the article, why they play ole girl like that
MissDarkEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissDarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:05pm
I would think twice about following "husband finding" advice from a woman who ain't got no mans...
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:06pm
lol...I got to that last sentence and just...

so shady..I love itLOL
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:08pm
LOL
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:24pm
a woman with no husband telling me how I can find one?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:26pm

lmao

or telling you how to keep one

I really dislike women like her

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 08 2014 at 12:27pm
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:41pm
Anderson Cooper Judging You
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:42pm
I'm a feminist, but I'm not antagonist toward my husband...because he's not a misogynist.  We do nice things for each other because we love each other.  All the other extra bits she's selling isn't for everyone.  
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 5:29pm
I like her. She speaks truth. Her being divorced doesn't maker her opinions any less valid. Sometimes failures draw the biggest life lessons from their experiences.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>