Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Walmart security shoots shoplifting mother dead
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Walmart security shoots shoplifting mother dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 27>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Why?

Why go shoplifting? 
Why go shoplifting and bring children with you?
Why pull your weapon over shoplifting?
Why go in pursuit of shoplifters? When I worked in retail they told us to never go in pursuit of shoplifters. 

He was a cop so they have different precedents.  It goes by the store but all of them that I've worked at ask employees not to go after shoplifters.  If you try to keep them in your store and they are trying to get away(with your items) it's considered holding some against their will/kidnapping.

The thing is, he wasn't working in a cop capacity at that Walmart. He was working as a security guard. You would think that would make a difference in a normal society...
Sponsored Links

purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Why?

Why go shoplifting? 
Why go shoplifting and bring children with you?
Why pull your weapon over shoplifting?
Why go in pursuit of shoplifters? When I worked in retail they told us to never go in pursuit of shoplifters. 

He was a cop so they have different precedents.  It goes by the store but all of them that I've worked at ask employees not to go after shoplifters.  If you try to keep them in your store and they are trying to get away(with your items) it's considered holding some against their will/kidnapping.

Well damn.
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:50pm
I hope he gets that pat on the back or the gold star he was looking for. Congratulations you killed a young mother for stealing some ratty ass towels or who knows what from walmart. You've really made the world a safer place now. You're a hero.

Ermm
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:56pm

I'm not sure about Walmart but at our mall the security guards have different precedents.  When someone is shoplifting, we call them and they handle it.  We also have on-duty cops that work the mall as well.  I remember one incident years ago when this cop beat this young girl who was shoplifting(I think she may have assaulted him but I can't remember the details)  Someone had caught in on camera but it never made the news. 

macyscorner View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macyscorner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:59pm
RIP to her
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:11pm
The game ain't fair

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.

actions have appropriate consequences.

driving away from shoplifting should not be met w/ a death sentence.

I agree that actions should have appropriate consequences.

Unfortunately, sometimes the stars align in a way that a person's actions have unintended consequences and this was one of those times.

I don't know what he as a current police officer (though off duty) is obligated to do by law that extends past what regular security guards are allowed to do. And he may have really felt is life was in danger, but I personally don't believe he should have shot at anyone. But he may be legally justified in doing so. 

Either way, the whole thing was avoidable.  

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:46pm
Oh well.
Don't steal and try to run people over.
It's quite simple.
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:48pm
Son of a bitchAngryCry
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:48pm
maysay i agree with u
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 27>