FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waist length Divas!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waist length Divas!
    Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 5:37pm
To those of you who have achieved waist length hair, answer the following questions:

If you had to estimate how long did it take you to grow your hair from BSL to WSL?

Is your waist length hair natural or chemically treated with relaxers or perms?

Is this your first time achieving waist length tresses?

On your body frame waist length hair is how many inches?

Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 10:34am
This is so funny while searching for my thread, I found someone who posted asking the same questions years ago. i had never seen this thread before, and we even used the word "Diva" in our titleLOL. She asked more questions than I did. But here is the link:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/calling-all-waistlength-divas-how-long_topic231258.html
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 10:43am
I am not waist length yet, but I will be by December 2012.

My hair is different lengths all over but the longest area is 18 inches. When I measured on myself WL appears to be at 21 inches. So I have 3 inches to go in order for my hair to touch my navel. It did not take me long to go from APL to BSL, well probably because I was not paying much attention. But it did not take long. Also I stopped wearing hair extensions, and my hair seems to grow better and healthier. People feel extensions grow your hair better, but as someone who specializes in hair extensions I get better growth when I tend to my own hair. And my hair has more life and body. Hair extensions are for those who do not want to be bothered with their hair, but if you do not mind getting to know your hair, try growing it without hair extensions for a change and see how it works for you. I went from APL to BSL but I only wore extensions for 10 weeks during that year. Interesting.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I am not waist length yet, but I will be by December 2012.

My hair is different lengths all over but the longest area is 18 inches.
When I measured on myself WL appears to be at 21 inches. So I have 3 inches to go in order for my hair to touch my navel. It did not take me long to go from APL to BSL, well probably because I was not paying much attention. But it did not take long. Also I stopped wearing hair extensions, and my hair seems to grow better and healthier. People feel extensions grow your hair better, but as someone who specializes in hair extensions I get better growth when I tend to my own hair. And my hair has more life and body. Hair extensions are for those who do not want to be bothered with their hair, but if you do not mind getting to know your hair, try growing it without hair extensions for a change and see how it works for you. I went from APL to BSL but I only wore extensions for 10 weeks during that year. Interesting.
You grow on girl!
18 inches on me would be way past waist length.
You must be really tall?
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 1:47pm
Go Veemack!!! I know I read that you're not one to really post pics but please when you hit WL POST A PIC I'M BEGGINGLOL I had no idea your hair was that long. If I can keep up with my regimen for once in my life I should be WL by spring. I'm tired of slacking and pushing my goal back.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

Go Veemack!!! I know I read that you're not one to really post pics but please when you hit WL POST A PIC I'M BEGGINGLOL I had no idea your hair was that long. If I can keep up with my regimen for once in my life I should be WL by spring. I'm tired of slacking and pushing my goal back.
Thank you, for sure being waist length is worth posting pictures. So I will do that. Stay consistent with your goals and you will see results. And do not get to wrapped up in other folks growth, I know pictures can be inspirational, but sometimes looking at peoples hair growth can make you feel like you are not getting any where. Not saying you are just throwing that out there for the newbies that are reading.

@Amber child I am short! My longest part is 18 inches and this is the top area of my head. But it does not reach my navel when I straighten or pull it. Now the back is 15 inches, but that still does not reach my waist. My torso is short and I am short. This is why I asked this question, I am trying to get an ideal of how many inches waist length is for most women of average height. For what I have read so far, to be at waist length you need to have at least 21 inches.

But what say ye other waist lengths divas?
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 2:03pm
Cheating a little here. I'm not fully WSL, I'm grazing WSL (1-2'' away), so I will prlly be WSL by the end of the year (God willing)

[
QUOTE=Veemack] To those of you who have achieved waist length hair, answer the following questions:

If you had to estimate how long did it take you to grow your hair from BSL to WSL?  2-3 years . My hair grows slow generally,  less than the average 1/2'' per month, and faster during the summer/warmer months. 

Is your waist length hair natural or chemically treated with relaxers or perms? Natural

Is this your first time achieving waist length tresses? Yes

On your body frame waist length hair is how many inches? About 18-20 inches (I'm petite @ 5'3'' with a small torso)

[/QUOTE]

eta: had to re-measure

Edited by purpulicious01 - Aug 23 2012 at 2:10pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Cheating a little here. I'm not fully WSL, I'm grazing WSL (1-2'' away), so I will prlly be WSL by the end of the year (God willing)

[
QUOTE=Veemack] To those of you who have achieved waist length hair, answer the following questions:

If you had to estimate how long did it take you to grow your hair from BSL to WSL?  2-3 years . My hair grows slow generally,  less than the average 1/2'' per month, and faster during the summer/warmer months. 

Is your waist length hair natural or chemically treated with relaxers or perms? Natural

Is this your first time achieving waist length tresses? Yes

On your body frame waist length hair is how many inches? About 21 inches (I'm petite @ 5'3'' with a small torso)

[/QUOTE]Cool! Thanks for posting! I am like you in that I should be waist length by December, but then again my first projection for WL was July and it did not happen. I don't like to think negative thoughBig smile.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 2:15pm
Do you ladies think that when ladies get to BSL MBL or for sure WL they stop posting as much? I will still post regardless if I have met my goals or not, because I love hair and love helping people and learning from others. I did my first cornrow at 7 years old and it was perfect, I kept it in my dolls hair for a long time I was so proud. So even though I work with numbers mostly, I will always have my first love, HAIR!
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 10:02pm
I think it's cyclical. I'm no where near WL lol (just past APL now) but sometimes BHM can be draining. There are months where I'm on it almost daily and then like clockwork, every three months or so I log off. Even the informational sections can get dramatic...and that's frustrating. >_<
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>