Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Styling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWacky(Wetset) What am I doing wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wacky(Wetset) What am I doing wrong?
    Posted: Jan 20 2004 at 4:01pm

Ok, So I attempted a 2nd time to wash my hair. I got lazy and did not do the conditoner wash. So, I decided it was time to wash my hair anyway. Well, I washed, conditoned (let sit for 2 minutes combed big comb thru my hair) then I put in the Nioxin treatment and wrap lotion. I will not be using Pantene for Women of Color wrap lotion. It came out weird. (Back to lottabody) Well, I have those magnectic rollers. But, How in the world do you get them in those perfect rows. My rollers are all over the place. Then I go under at 3pm and finish at 4pm. Well, it was halfway dry and I just get frustrated. So, I took one rolller out a time I put Mango Butter on each strand of hair and used a cermaic iron. Then I used a curling iron.

Why did it come out frizzy? Am I using to much heat? They use about the same amout of heat when I go to the salon. I also use the same method as then  minus the round brush. I did not get the same results or even close. I mean my hair does not look bad.

P.S. Weave I am not taking a picture of this. I will send one when I go to the salon.

Help!

Sponsored Links

weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2004 at 4:18pm
i think you should have waited untill your hair dried. to get the perfect rows, i think you should use 2 mirros to part, but i think it shouldnt really matter if the rows are straight, just if they are the same size 
Mocha1111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 9:20am
Yeah, I agree weave.  You shouldn't try to flat iron when your hair is still damp.  Also to keep your rollers in place, you could buy a hair net to put over your hair before you get under the dryer.  I am a big fan of the Dominican salon...they use them all the time.
Lita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 10:40am

OH, HO

That is why they use those hair nets! I wanted to buy one but did not know what they were for.

Mocha1111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 11:42am
LOL
ELUCENCEQUEEN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 12:04pm
to part your hair correctly so that the rollers won't be all over the place you should part a row in the middle of ur head from the top the back. then part two rows on each side, thee leftside and the right side. when u part the hair to put the rollers in make sure that u dont part it too thick. parting them too thick will make ur hair take longer to dry. and yes u can definitely use the net to hold the rollers in place. and if your hair is very long it is essential that u stay under the dryer for about an hour or so. check ur hair to make sure it is dry b4 taking out the rollers.
Lita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 12:43pm

thanks Elucence Queen

DEE-DEE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 2:40pm
NEVER PUT A FLAT IRON, CURLING IRON, STRAIGHTING COMB, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT ON YOUR HAIR WHILE YOUR HAIR IS STILL DAMP.... YOU'LL DO MORE HARM THEN GOOD.
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2004 at 4:15pm
thats truE! YOU SHOULD ALSO TOWEL DRY HAIR BEFORE EVEN BLOW DRYING IT!
goldengirl101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2004 at 12:51pm
Yes, I agree with Elucencequeen, it may take more than an hour for the hair to be totaly dry.  I usually set aside 2 hrs. just for the drying time.  I usually stay in for while a take a few breaks for abt 10 min.It may take less sometimes, depending on the thickness of each strand.  I dn't think you said what size rollers you used.  But make sure you're using the biggest size that your length of hair can hold.    ANd make sure you use the big bobby pins to hold the rollers, not the small ones.  I hate those.  Get a hairnet, too.  Remember it takes practice. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic