BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

waby/curly hair maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
NAYPOO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAYPOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: waby/curly hair maintenance
    Posted: May 17 2013 at 9:37am
Okay? I am yet again attempting Wavy/curly hair. I try it out at least once a year and fail every single time. I have some beautiful Russian Wavy hair. But my problem is the same as always...it's bushes out throughout the day. I spay it with plain water in the morning and apply a small amount of mouse. This is around 7am. It dries nice with the waves and curls popping. But by Noon, I have to wet it again because it has gone all Diana Ross on me, which is really not my look or preference. And it is not an issue with the hair quality, it's my lack of knowing how to work with it. Any and All help is appreciated.

PS I truly hate the feel John Frieda gives the hair (kinda crunchy) and it never worked for me anyway
Sponsored Links

thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:09am
I started using Glycerin and spraying with spring water on my curlies , so far its been working, it doesnt get to big either, and the curls stay popping..I have so many products and um nothing was helping the dried out look. I also ordered Grape Seed Oil, and i will get that a try to.Hope this help
NAYPOO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAYPOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:20am
You know, this must be the answer. This morning I was thinking to try S-curl spray to get the all day moisture effect and then I thought, well what's in the S-curl spray? Glycerine of course. I will pick some up tonight and add to my water bottle. Ihave been using spring water too . Thanks much!! I have bought so much stuff and it's al just collecting dust.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 11:18am
I used scurl on my Indian hair and it made it "greasy" what worked was water mixed with a spoon full of tressemmee flawless curl conditioner in a spray bottle and then scrunch in a dime size of olive oil and that keeps the curls curly and non frizzy. Hth.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 10:12pm
hi sweety imma break it down real easy for you (SAVE YOUR MONEY!)
I like the above solution a bit and must give you my full proof techniqueWink
preferrably at night wet your hair down really well with:

water bottle mixed with

TRESemme' vitamin b1 CURL HYDRATION
(for curly or wavy hair)  ................. i suggest you mix it to your liking as it's a customization thang depending on the wavy or curly hairWink

put some argon oil in the water/ conditioner mixture again to your liking as it's a customization thang

shake it up really good then, spray your hair down really good!
now at night i braid my curly hair up in 3 to 6 braids depending on how i want my curl pattern to looK.
(OR) if you're spraying it down really good in the morning your curly pattern will take on it's own coarseWink

if you work all day & feel you need to re-apply i suggest take a spray mixture bottle in your bag for needed touch up HOWEVER once i do it in the morning ive not needed to re-apply UNLESS im goin out on a date or out to have FuNLOL

water/ argon oil/ tressemme' curl hydration conditioner is ALL you need to make your waves & curlys POP IT LIKE IT'S HOTTTT!!!Tongue

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 8:19am
Great tips Bonjour!!
peete728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peete728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 4:44pm
Thank you Bonjour, I just went out and bought the conditioner and already had the argon oil, just mixed it in a spray bottle and appliedSmile   Heard a lot of good stuff about Tresseme Flawless curl line, and the conditioner
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:00pm
I usually have great results w/ plain water but here lately, I've been playing in my hair a lot for some odd reason and it gets frizzy. I use Hello Hydration and Tresseme curls lines but have never used them at a curl enhancer. Will have to try that.
If you use the John Frieda spray, you have to dilute it..A lot..or it will be crunchy and you'll have that constant "wet look". No bueno.

I keep a spray bottle with plain water in my desk for retouches.
realworld000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realworld000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:12am
What I use is conditioner and water...I use dove conditioner....also I use Herbal Essence Totally twisted also...Smile
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 10:47pm
Here are some combinations I found worked with wavy and curly hair:

SCurl Moisturizer/Activator Spray
Care Free Curl Moisturizer/ Activator Spray
Motions Nourish Leave-In Conditioner with Jojoba or Olive Oil
Aloe Vera Gel from Aubrey Organics with Jojoba Oil
Glycerin with Jojoba or Olive Oil
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training