Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Vitamin D deficiency and hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Originally posted by 902sexxi 902sexxi wrote:

Femmemuscle, I'll try this method. So it gives you energy all day? I really need to get on this.

You likely need a B Complex/stress supplement in addition to D3.  D-ribose is also a good way to get added energy.  If you have a sluggish thyroid
or adrenal fatigue consider Lugol's/iodine. If you are very low consider taking 10000iu daily. 

Thanks, sometimes I think my thyroid is crazy but I can't afford to get the test done. I do have b12 so I'll be more consistent taking them.
Sponsored Links

lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:55am
Thank you ladies for the additional information. I will see this week what the new levels are, but I am now going to make sure I take my doses with food/fat.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 8:59am
I remember before I left the states I had a ultra sound/pap smear and I had a nice-sized fibroid..My stream would slant side ways. When I moved to Spain...it was sunny nearly everyday and I was out in it all the time..I don't wear sunblock and I noticed after spending time there my stream no longer slanted side ways. I already knew I was Vitamin D deficient because I couldn't drink milk in the states...so I had to take Magnesium supplements with Vitamin D and Calcium. Be sure you are taking a supplement with the Magnesium because that works hand in hand with the Vitamin D and Calcium as well. Anyways, the sun is pretty consistent where I live in China and I eat a lot of seaweed, which has magnesium, calcium in it...I should still take some supplements in addition...but so far, so good with me. I know when I do return to the states I will definitely be back on my supplements and I will be drinking Black Strap Molasses tea..so thanks for that info. I think the black folks up north suffer the most due to lack of sun ...well I know coming from Seattle we rarely saw the sun so I definitely was hurting there..over in NY/NJ it wasn't too bad, but I was on supplements heavy..I just noticed the biggest improvement living near the Mediterranean.
AanchalS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AanchalS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 12:52am
Thanks for your tips! Vitamin deficiency really effect hair loss and growth.
So for healthy hairs, you must have healthy diet ( Protein rich diet), proper sleep and stress free. Also for vitamin D, you can take proper sun heat.Else vitamin D rich diet can help for the same.
http://www.akclinics.com/blog/how-to-care-for-hair-hair-care-tips/ -
Hair Care Tips
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:26pm
If anyone is new to this hair growth business, i learned that there are different "types" of Vitamin D.

Right now, i'm using Vitamin D3..

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 12:28pm
So what's the difference between the types femme?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:39pm
http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/features/the-truth-about-vitamin-d-what-kind-of-vitamin-d-is-best

This is a great link to different types of Vitamin D types.Smile

shrew297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrew297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 8:16am
Thanks for the link!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 8:46pm
Ladies please don't forget about this vitamin.

I live in an area of elevation/harsh climates and winter 9 months out of the year.  Thus, there's hardly enough sun.. What's worse is "elevation".. living above sea level, the sun seems to "go overboard" on our skin when it's exposed..

All i can say is anyone living at sea level + gets lots of sun all year round?  you're very, very lucky, indeed.

BlueBug78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueBug78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 4:18pm
Research has indicated it makes no difference if you have a monthly dose as an injection, take it weekly in one dose, in a few doses a week or every day. Simply because Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin.  They have researched having larger doses less frequently but they don't work as Vitamin D's half-life is about 30 days.

I was tested in January and found to have a level just under 7ng/ml.  I was eventually put on a dose of 60,000 IU of D3 per week  as 20,000IU tablets.

Apart from my hair falling out last April and continuing to fall out my symptoms where:
  • Acne
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle weakness
  • Leg pain in my shins and thighs
  • Back ache
  • Knee and ankle pain - so bad that I didn't get out of bed on some days
  • Foot pain - I had to put insoles in my shoes so they didn't hurt my feet and could walk, and that was in flat shoes. I couldn't wear heels.
  • A couple of my toes felt like they were broken
  • Tingling in my hands and arms
  • Breathlessness when trying to walk down the road
  • Nails with horizontal ridges that kept breaking or splitting half way up the nail bed

When I mentioned some of my initial symptoms to my doctor his response was to say there was nothing wrong with me.  It was a nurse at the practice who decided I may be Vitamin D deficient and test me.

When I took my tablets for the first nine weeks I was in a lot of pain.  The leg and joint pain was actually worse and I ended up staying in bed for 2 days at a time.  No-one warns you about this but it's worth knowing. 

As well as taking Vitamin D tablets I also take a multivitamin with Iron. As my Iron level was slightly lower than normal. Though 2/3 times I'm tested my Iron level is slightly low. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic