BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vitamin D deficiency and hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:09pm
oh, and OP, i think you might have posted in this thread..

someone brought up Vitamin D deficiency as well.. you'll probably want to take a look at it.  i think you are right on the money, regarding this problem.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/its-happening-again_topic350699_page4.html

Sponsored Links

lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 5:08am
Thanks femme (and all the ladies who are posting responses)

Will be visiting my health foodstore for some mollases. My friend takes it for her period pain and swears by it. I never knew it had lots of other nutirents too..
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by lovelybrown lovelybrown wrote:

Thanks femme (and all the ladies who are posting responses)

Will be visiting my health foodstore for some mollases. My friend takes it for her period pain and swears by it. I never knew it had lots of other nutirents too..
I was able to to find black strap molasses at my local supermarket. It was in the Baking Needs section. If not, try where they sell oatmeal, panake/waffle mix and breakfast syrup.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 7:00pm
yep.. when i didn't find it  at "Sprouts" which used to be "Sunflower Market" (big name change to bad publicity)..

i was able to find it at Vons and Albertsons in the cooking aisle, just as RedSox stated.  It's called "Brer Rabbit BlackStrap Molasses" - made in New Jersey..LOL

I thought it would be from the south!

MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:47pm
The african american community is notorious for having vitamin d deficiencies. Nice post!
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:30pm
after reading your post I had an ah ha moment. I had a major set back winter of last year with my natural hair. I was advised by my doctor to take vitamin D the previous year after the results of my annual check up. I noticed a pattern of my hair shedding every winter. It got to the point where my dermatologist stated I had form of alopecia. I just concluded that the cold weather is harsh on my skin and hair. My skin and hair truly thrives in the summer. Going forward I will be more consistent with my vitamins. I am a hermit int he winter and live for outdoors when the weather breaks.  I know my vitamin D levels drop in the winter. It took me reading your post to connect the dots!
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:34pm
Apparently Vitamin D deficiency is common in Black women. Seems that the melanin in our skin, which keeps us from aging as fast also makes it difficult for us to absorb the "sunshine vitamin" I to am on a vitamin d supplement. Interesting to know it affects hair. I have been retaining more length
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 9:27am
I have to report some tiny hairs on my widow's peak that are showing up again and my hairline seems to be stronger. I am still replenishing my levels and will have my levels reviewed in two weeks. I am not as tired or grumpy... let's see if it lasts and if the improvement continues. I take around 1000iu's daily to replenish (after an emergency super high dose for a week). I take adcal. Initially the chalky, chewable ones which made me consipated and bloated, but now I take caplets and they seem to be OK. 
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:41pm
For those using molasses, how're you using it? It has a strong aftertaste.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 6:29pm
hi Sexxi..

the BSM (Black Strap molasses)? i  occasionally use it in my morning oatmeal to sweeten (but it's very over powering).

As a daily regimen,  i take a tsp. of BSM with a packet of stevia (BSM does have a pungent/sweet taste), stir it up in a large commuter cup of hot water and drink it as a (hot) tea all day - everyday.

BSM is also sold in pill form which i also take.  it's cheap, and i buy it online from Swanson.com.  Since taking it this way, there's been a decrease in extremely painful cramps, and other worrisome monthly problems.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Feb 14 2013 at 6:43pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>