Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Normal Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vit C Serum DIY

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
alexasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vit C Serum DIY
    Posted: Dec 14 2010 at 11:51am
Hey all!!

I just recently purchased some ascorbic acid powder, in order to make my own vitamin c serum, which I plan on using every morning as a pre-moisturizer.  I know that there are great benefits of a vitamin c serum, I have done a LOT of research, but I just was wondering if anyone has used a vitamin c serum and has a review so I can know what to expect.  This is going to be a new addition to my skin regimen so I am a bit wary(afterall it is an active acid...).  I am going to start with a 10% concentration and then work my way up to either 15% or 20%.  Thanks in advance!!!!
Sponsored Links

ilong2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilong2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 9:56pm

I've used Vitamin C serum for over 2 years now and I absolutely love it.  I believe it is the 3rd best thing you can do for your skin (RA and peels being 1 & 2).   Make sure that to  check the pH level of the serum you make.You are smart to start with a low concentration and work your way up.

alexasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2010 at 2:13pm
^^^ Thanks for the ONLY reply, lol, I am starting at 10% for now and we shall see....
rachel80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachel80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 11:21pm
kiwi fruit and strawberries has a high vitamin C content, I put these in my smoothies and find that it helps clear my skin up quite a bit
Brittany_J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittany_J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 2:27am
I want to share with you this great brand, called Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe and you can look it up on Amazon. Not only does this serum provide the moisture to keep your skin soft and supple, it also gives your face a nice healthy glow. I've noticed that use of this serum has diminished or lessened the look of fine lines around my eye area. I also use the serum on my neck. I don't think this product has fillers like parabens in it because it didn't clog my pores and cause me to breakout, like the other couple other vita-c serums I tried in the past. I'm happy I finally found a product that works. Smile
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 1:20pm
i buy the vitc and aloe vera gel both from trader joe and mix them in my palm and immediately apply it to my freshly washed face.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style