Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Visiting Jamaica Soon? Ask a Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

*I want to go for an outdoor concert where I can see some good music, like rockers. Not just tourist concert, but the kinda that Jamaican residents would be excited about. When is the best time to go?
*I want Jerk Chicken made on the pimento wood. Do you think there is actually a noticeable difference from the Brooklyn Jamaican Jerk Chicken?
*I went to Montego Bay b4 but I only did touristy stuff. I want to go to Negril.

Jamaica Jazz Festival in the last weekend in January. Shows are from Thursday to Saturday. Here's the site http://jamaicajazzandblues.com/
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:04pm
Excellent, thank you for the link YG!Thumbs Up
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 10:39pm

Bowing = bowing down before a woman to eat her. Jamaican men say they do not do it LIESSS request it up front. If he claims he doesn't do it find someone else.

LOLLOLDead

This whole line reads like it's some non-sexual business bartering topic

Diane is a freak
jayjaynonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayjaynonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:56am
I'm really enjoying this thread. Me and my girlfriends have been considering a Vacay.

side note:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

whats the female equivalent of a rent-a-dread?

LOL Ummm a prostitute. Scotch Bonnet is the most famous of Negril's prossies, her lady bits have been the subject of many jokes etc. She lives in europe with her hubby and kids now. Never met her, daddy's client (he's a lawyer)

id never buy women abroad,

i have a strong fear of getting robbed

my homies in dallas once took me to a strip club and it was a all you wanna buy joint.. i declined .. 1. i was in a serious relationship at the time 2.. she looked like the type that would stab me if i came too quick.. even for a prossie

I'm curious, was it onyx or DG's?

I've heard horror stories.

Edited by jayjaynonie - Mar 12 2014 at 12:58am
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Hellshire Beach please tell them about the fish and festival and lobster woiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

YG ive never been to Bacchanal i despise soca and you know it.

Everytime i drive past maverly i think i wonder if the man with the stew peas/chicken foot is still practising - he was a dentist.

See it deh we have both qualified and sunshine and me warning you about these sweet mouth fools who only want them papers and to dickmatize you. DO NOT PAY FOR PENIS or fall in love with the rent a dread!! Please.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 6:54am
I needed this thread a year and a half ago I went to Sumfest for the 50th anniversary. We were close to the stage. Went to the waterfall, dolphin cove

I need a better all inclusive resort. The hotel was nice but I didn't love it. Too many kids and families. I don't want an adult only one tho When we were going to dolphin cove, we pulled into the ritz carlton and realized I needed to make better life choices. Our resort was a 5 min drive to the concert, which is why we chose it.

Where is the jerk yall talking bout? Our cab driver took us somewhere and it was just like "Brooklyn jerk chicken" Lol
PrincessSher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessSher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 6:59am
YG or Diane, have either of you been to Royalton White Sands? I know it was just renovated and it used to be Starfish I think??  We want to do an all inclusive for a few days while we are there in July. Since we always stay at home in Barbican we figured we would switch it up this timeLOL
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:20am
Starfish, nope. The thoughts of a million children running wild touching the food in the buffet, splashing me as I lounge on the pool deck is scarrrryyy. It was a HIT for families worldwide thought. I havent looked at any reviews since it was renovated.

Starfish became Breezes Trelwny them became Royalton White Sands.

Barbican, nuh.Clap

Here are the most recent trip advisor reviews 

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I needed this thread a year and a half ago I went to Sumfest for the 50th anniversary. We were close to the stage. Went to the waterfall, dolphin cove

I need a better all inclusive resort. The hotel was nice but I didn't love it. Too many kids and families. I don't want an adult only one tho When we were going to dolphin cove, we pulled into the ritz carlton and realized I needed to make better life choices. Our resort was a 5 min drive to the concert, which is why we chose it.

Where is the jerk yall talking bout? Our cab driver took us somewhere and it was just like "Brooklyn jerk chicken" Lol

Where did you stay Ming? Where do you want to stay next time? Negril, Mobay, Ochi, Portland, Souh Coast, Kingston?

Ritz Carlton was my $hit! (yayayayya Daddy, Saw actual Hugo Chavez there and NUMEROUS decoy Hugo Chavez') but the Ritz Carlton has always had issues with the owners and Mgmt company and Ritz Carlton pulled out so it is under New Mgmt company now.

Gyal, these folks watering down the jerk man and wanna kill it with ketchupDead Last time i had awesome jerk chicken it was in my kitchen or on the beach at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:29am
Diane...please advise that the jerk chicken sold in tourist areas is much different than the ones to locals.
For example there is a spot in Ewartonthat sells good jerk pork..sausage...knuckles...and of course chicken. But the man there tried me..because they know farriners just by looking at them. He tried to give me some white breadfruit after I told him I wanted a sweet piece(yellowheart). Gurlllllllll that patois came reelin off my tongue so faas...he changed it immediately. Talkin bout mi never know u a yawdie!!..My mother was like ..yup and there goes your tip. Tipped all the ladies except him
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic