Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Virgin Natural will not look like Processed hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedVirgin Natural will not look like Processed hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by carolee carolee wrote:

***This is just for people unfamiliar and new to virgin hair.......

After seeing a lot the comments and complaints about being disappointed with the visual appearance of natural virgin hair, I feel obligated to convey this info.........

The majority of the time, virgin "raw" natural Indian Remy hair, WILL NOT look like the hair that you are used to buying. The ends will not be even and will most likely have split ends, you will not see the "extra" length you
have come to expect in packaged processed hair. You will not get two bundles that look the same unless it from the same person's head and chances are, it won't be.

Most of the time, your bundles will not be the same color or exact same texture. Do expect this.........

9 times out of 10, it's gonna look dry, keep in mind that before it left India, it was frumigated for lice/bugs. It comes to you for the most part unshampooed/unconditioned and dirty........

Understand this.

Until you wash and condition this hair, it usually looks like crap. Now, a lot of the AMERICAN vendors will go ahead and shampoo/condition this hair cuz of how crappy it looks when THEY get it from India........

This hair is real human hair so it will lightly tangle and behave like human hair does. It's all about products and I don't mean to offend anyone but if you are a tad lazy about hair care, already processed hair may be your best betWink

ALWAYS buy virgin hair 2 or 3 inch's longer than you normally would to allow for split ends. When you buy curly virgin hair allow for a good 4" longer. Also for other great info go to the Weave/Extensions 101 link located on page 1 ..........
Hope these tips help!Tongue

I think everyone needs to pay attention to the part BOLDED...this is so true...not to forget to mention hair SHEDS even your natural hair sheds...not crazily, unless you have some underlying condition...but it is to be expected...all in all you have to learn how to work with the hair...would be the same if this was you natural hair...thanks for pulling this thread up and thanks Carolee for the informationWink
Sponsored Links

***Toy-Pisces** View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 1:11pm
^^^ your right ! I know indian people hair get tangled and they brush it and use product! Don't think that you can just install it and  Not have to do anything to it and it just stay perfect. Be realistic about it!
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by ***Toy-Pisces** ***Toy-Pisces** wrote:

^^^ your right ! I know indian people hair get tangled and they brush it and use product! Don't think that you can just install it and  Not have to do anything to it and it just stay perfect. Be realistic about it!

Hi LadiesTongue

I've missed ya'll but I've been hitting the books and Lordy, it takes more effort than it use to......LOL

Thanks for pulling up that post cuz it's important to know raw Indian remy hair or for that matter ANY virgin raw hair, is a lotta work until you find the right product combo.............Do not expect it to behave like processed hair until you prep it with productsClap

BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 2:01pm
Hey Carolee!!!Clap
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 2:52pm
Hey Meisha! How'r you doin???Big%20smileBig%20smile
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 8:43pm
**Bump** and we need to keep bumping this until the point is MADE!!
figboo69 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 9:03pm
I just wanted to add, that ANY hair will require some work.  When I look at the complaints of people  who get wigs , weave hair, etc... is that they are surprised when thay have to do "REAL" work to get it to "behave", lay down, fall correctly etc....  Although the virgin hair is something alot of people aren't use to ... ALL OF WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IS HUMAN HAIR. Even when its been processed, say for instance "permed to be curly", it will EVENTUALLY  loose its curl, sheen luster etc.... its HAIR and if caucasian, indian etc... have to get perms every 2-3 mos then you can bet you "processed hair" will have less curl in 2-3 mos after washings, styling and etc....

Its going to be work involved with all hair wear!  So let's do they work and all stay F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by figboo69 figboo69 wrote:

I just wanted to add, that ANY hair will require some work.  When I look at the complaints of people  who get wigs , weave hair, etc... is that they are surprised when thay have to do "REAL" work to get it to "behave", lay down, fall correctly etc....  Although the virgin hair is something alot of people aren't use to ... ALL OF WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IS HUMAN HAIR. Even when its been processed, say for instance "permed to be curly", it will EVENTUALLY  loose its curl, sheen luster etc.... its HAIR and if caucasian, indian etc... have to get perms every 2-3 mos then you can bet you "processed hair" will have less curl in 2-3 mos after washings, styling and etc....

Its going to be work involved with all hair wear!  So let's do they work and all stay F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!

Spoken oh so true!!!
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 10:13am
Originally posted by figboo69 figboo69 wrote:

And let the church say AMEN!!!

oh yeah...

**BUMP**
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2007 at 6:02pm
BUMP!!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21