Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Virgin Natural will not look like Processed hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVirgin Natural will not look like Processed hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
rosario View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 11:12pm
Thanks for the info Carolee. Does anyone here know if we do a group order with Wagman,whether they would offer a discount??
Sponsored Links

carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by moremi moremi wrote:

Peach.. that hair is okay!!! NB is off the hook- the hair is pretty good and its not virgin, its a little processed.

Carolee, what do I have to do to the hair on a daily basis???
Is it really supper curly or just a little wavy?? I love the fact that one can flat iron it straight. I am getting this hair and relaxed straight next.
too excited.

Hi moremi, with NB hair less is definitely more!!!!! After shampooing (i use creame of nature) just a tad of shine serum will do ya.....

I personally use Hask Frizz Ease but have heard great things about Biosilk Shine Serrum and intend to give that a go......Use very little products on the straighter remy hair or it will give what some call the "crack greasy hair" lookLOLLOLLOL
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Hotlanta Peach Hotlanta Peach wrote:

Carolee, many thanks for the info! I was going to purchase my virgin hair from halleyscurls tomorrow for my new do in October. Your info probably saved me the frustration of dealing with something like that. I wonder if the same will apply with their Natural Body Indian Remy...it's not as straight but i can flat iron it and set it...right?
Thanks.....Yup, you got it!Wink 
Rosario-Yes, you will gat a discount on 5 lbs and over and also if you buy enough and quailfy as a "Reseller"

Anyone....chime in if that has changed with the latest price increase.....................

Edited by carolee - Sep 13 2007 at 11:41pm
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 8:52am
Great thread Carolee.. This is much needed and HELPFUL information.. Kudos to you!!
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 9:23am
Thanks DivaVocals..........Wink
Hotlanta Peach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 9:46am

I meant to mention this last night when I posted. I emailed Halleys Curls the night before Carolee posted the 1st topic thread (she is so Clairvoyant LOL). It all lines up! Here is how the rep with Halley's responded to my email below...their answers written in blue: Feel free to elaborate ladies...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello.  I am writing to inquire about your product. I have visited the web site and I see two products that have piqued my interest. The 1st is the Virgin Remy Straight Hair and 2nd is the Natural Body Indian Remy. For each type of hair, I need to know the following:

1. How much hair is included in a single order, 4 oz or 8 oz?4 ounces
2. It is important to me that the color of each 4 oz pack match in color and texture. Will the color be the same for each 4 oz pack order?They will be very close, each bundle comes from a different person, so there may be very slight variances
3. Which will more than likely match well with African American hair types (if needed)They both can be worn by African Americans
4. Can the Natural Body Remy be flat iron very well for a straight look and will it recurl easily if flat ironed?Yes it can be flat ironed. Heat is damaging to all hair, and will shorten the life of the hair.

If there is any more information you think may benefit me in knowing, please let me know. Thanks. I look forward to doing business with Halley's Curls.Visit our web site whereas we have a frequently asked section.  Thank you for your interest.

Edited by Hotlanta Peach - Sep 14 2007 at 9:50am
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 9:54am
LOLLOLLOL
amandita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 11:11am
thank you so much for posting this.. it was much needed...u always post good info....

basicly dont buy virgin if u dont want to do WORK!!!

i have pics of mines prior to wash ...it was very ruff  and hard and all 4 packs were in differnt colors, had split ends, and a weird smell imo lol

after washing and condioning very well (in microwave)it was great ... and hair color goes a loooong way as well... u would never know this was the same hair that came out the box so raggedy....

but u cant beat the naturalness of it after u are done ..soft and velvety

Edited by amandita - Sep 14 2007 at 11:11am
Phattygyrl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 11:17am
Great Post, my first order of virgin hair I felt like I was robbed. The hair looked dry and brittle. I wasn't not going to put that in my hair. After I washed  and let it condition over night, I woke up to soft beautiful hair. It is a job, but it's well worth it.
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Phattygyrl Phattygyrl wrote:

Great Post, my first order of virgin hair I felt like I was robbed. The hair looked dry and brittle. I wasn't not going to put that in my hair. After I washed  and let it condition over night, I woke up to soft beautiful hair. It is a job, but it's well worth it.

i had the same experience.  but i love the virgin hair.  i don't mind the work.  but carolee is right on target with this one.

mods? we should add this to the weave 101.  this is great info!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic