Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Virgin Hair Textures 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virgin Hair Textures 101
    Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 12:04am
So I notice that now in the world of Virgin Hair there is:
  • Indian
  • Brazilian
  • Malyasian
  • Cambodian
  • Peruvian
  • Fillipino
  • Russian
  • Eurasian

So, can we dedicate this thread to discussing all the various textures based on your personal experiences or knowlege.  And most important,  please add whether or not this hair would be ideal for relaxed or natural hair or fine or coarser textured, etc.

I am natural and I almost made the mistake of ordering Peruvian hair for the first time because I thought the waves were gorgeous; fortunately, I stumbled upon several reviews that described the hair as rather silky and sleek so I immediately backed out of buying that hair because I refused to straighten my hair to death just to blend some hair. Also, I am not interested in BoBraz or Jerri Curl hair and stuff. I want to rock Virgin Hair without a closure and I think educating myself on the various virgin hair textures will help me and others to make the choice that best suits our hair texture! I Hope this thread will be helpful to Virgin Hair Newbies like myself.

(I did a search prior to starting this and I didn't see anything similar so please excuse if there is already a thead out there about this specific topic; perhaps we could make this a sticky)
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 1:13pm
Indian, Russian, Cambodian & Filipino all come in various textures from silky to very coarse.   Malaysian, Brazilian, Peruvian, Eurasian, Burmese are all processed origins so it depends on the Chinese vendor on how they processed their origins. For example, if the vendor processes their Brazilian hair using Chinese hair, the hair is usually coarser then if processed from indian hair.

This is jace very coarse straight Russian hair.

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 1:17pm

Yummy Russian medium coarse straight.
HydeandCreep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HydeandCreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 2:40pm
I tried qhp's Peruvian straight and I felt like it was too silky..
all though i was wearing a closure so I didn't have to worry about heat damage I still hate the look of overly silky hair on me.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 2:50pm
Thanks girls for the info so far.
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 6:56pm
i have malaysian curly installed and it matches my hair texture perfectly when dried.  i have natural wavy hair (im mixed) so i didnt have blend issues. its not shiny or silky.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 11:58pm
Yes, I think the Malaysian or the Brazilian sounds the most interesting for my 4B texture hair...I'm really trying to lay off the heat because I am recovering from heat damage on my leave out, so I definitely don't want any hair texture that is TOO silky.
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:23am
I'm a natty 4a/b and I can testify that Brazilian is a dead on match for my hair in strand thickness (mix of fine and medium). It's my favorite texture. As opposed to Indian (insanely fine) which provided me with some of the most dreadful experience, lol. SMH, it was the major heat dmg I got from trying to beat my hair down (after getting a BKT) that caused me to go natural.

I'm interested in trying out Mongolian. I've read somewhere that it can be a good match for Afro-Carib textures.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

I'm a natty 4a/b and I can testify that Brazilian is a dead on match for my hair in strand thickness (mix of fine and medium). It's my favorite texture. As opposed to Indian (insanely fine) which provided me with some of the most dreadful experience, lol. SMH, it was the major heat dmg I got from trying to beat my hair down (after getting a BKT) that caused me to go natural.

I'm interested in trying out Mongolian. I've read somewhere that it can be a good match for Afro-Carib textures.

Hey @Kocoa...thanks for sharing. I'm happy I found a fellow natural, lol!!!!  Yes, It seems that Brazillian may be my best bet. But the Malaysian has me real curious too because it looks like a fairly coarser texture as well. Fabulosityisme on Youtube did some good videos with her natural hair left out and used the Malaysian wavy.  BTW, do you do a full weave or do your have a leave out with your installs?

These are the textures that have caught my eye:

Maaliyah Hair (Wavy/Curly)

or

AliExpress (Malaysian)

or

or

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 1:22pm
I've done both full and leave out but generally, I stay full since going natural and I never ever wear anything other than kinky textures. My go to texture is kinky straight but I haven't done an install since my last fiasco with an aliex vendor (about a yr and half ago now). I'm thinking of moving onto FLWs truth be told because it opens me up to different looks and I'm getting bored of KS and dealing with my natural KC is fairly time consuming. The maaliyah hair is gorg.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic