Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Virgin Filipino Review: More Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MandaNicolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandaNicolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virgin Filipino Review: More Pictures
    Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 1:01pm
Hello ladies, I have been lurking here for almost a year now, and I thought I would share my experience with a new CV that I found after much research, I was really nervous to take the dive but I finally did and I am SO glad I did. They are a new company and I have only had the hair in my head for a week but this hair is soo so beautiful! I ordered from aliexpress but that hair... Dead it never looked or felt as good as this hair does. 

Specs of the hair

1 bundle 22"
1 bundle 20" (really like 21.5 inches)
1 bundle 18"
Steam Process to a Wave
and a 16" Closure "Brazilian" from a different vendor.

I wish I would have taken pictures from when I took it right out of the package, but it just slipped my mind since this hair is the bomb.com. One thing I really like about Virgin Filipino is the hair is a lot thicker than the virgin Indian hair I was using. I took some of my left over Virgin Indian and my Virgin Filipino hair and trust me there is hardly any comparison. This hair is thick all the way to the ends, and I did not have to trim the hair there were very very little split ends.

Here is some pictures of the hair

As you all can see I did bleach and color this hair. I did not bleach the whole bundle just pieces of the bundle so some strands would be lighter than the other. I did a deep condition then let it air dry and this is how the hair looks with no products in it at all. If you ladies are interested in how I got this color just let me know and I will show you all what I used and how I did it. Oh and when I washed it before bleaching the hair did not run black.

This is what the closure looks like, the closure is fine but when I ordered it they said that it was already bleached, and it was not. I tried to bleach the knots and I got nervous and didn't leave it on long enough lol. So that didn't really work out but, hey. When I reinstall in the beginning of March I think I will not be using the closure. Just becasue I like being able to manipulate it more in the front but the closure isn't bad. I am glad I tried it

Here's the closure next to the bundles.

Here is a back shot of the hair
and a front shot of the closure

But this hair is really not big on maintenance, I did have a lazy weekend and kept it up in a bun with out really brushing it, when I took it down I thought I was going to be in trouble, but I wasn't a little detangler spray and a brush and I was good to go. I do not really put any product in it other than detangler spray. The last hair I has would crawl on the back of my neck, and become a big nappy mess. But so far so good with this hair it doesn't really tangle on the back of my head at all. I am always running my fingers through it and I don't really get any tangles, and shedding is pretty low. I did not seal my wefts. I will get a strand here and there but not clumps or anything like that. My old hair would come out like a dying dog, and I would never put my fingers through it in public lol! As you guys can tell my last weave experience was horrible Cry . But anyway I have not straightened it yet, but I will be doing that this week and I will tell you guys how it does straight, and if it waves back up the same way.

come back to talk about the closure with some pictures. I just have to get the better pictures off of my phone so. The only thing I really didn't like is the fact I bought it because it said bleached knots, and of course they weren't Thumbs Down . But other than that the hair was soft but did run black when I washed it. It doesn't tangle how ever so that's good.

But anything else you ladies want to know, just post here! I will be posting pictures of the install asap, I'll take some pictures tonight and upload them probably today or tomorrow. So yeah :) I hope this help someone? I will let you all know who the vendor is once I take this hair down and reinstall at the end of this month, just to make sure this hair still is holding up as good as it is now. I don't want to tell you guys to get some booboo hair lol.

Edited by MandaNicolie - Feb 12 2013 at 9:27am
Sponsored Links

shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoefreakbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:48pm
Does it hold a curl?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandaNicolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 6:17pm
I haven't curled it yet but I will let you know when I curl it this week with my wand 
mspatty View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 7:17pm
are those filipino bundles in the pics??that does not look like filipino hair
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by mspatty mspatty wrote:

are those filipino bundles in the pics??that does not look like filipino hair

IA
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:50pm
Filipino hair varies in textures. It could very well be Filipino.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandaNicolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:56am
Yes this is virgin Filipino that was steam processed to be wavy like I asked, sorry I forgot to include that in the post! But I am posting more pictures now
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:19pm
It looks nice. I like the waves.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MandaNicolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 3:46pm
Here is the hair straightened and curled ladies, I did my curls three days ago and they have become less defined but still there. I didn't do anything but put it in a bonnet to sleep 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandaNicolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 3:47pm
Thank you MiamiU Smile

Edited by MandaNicolie - Feb 17 2013 at 3:47pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon