Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Care Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Virgin coconut oil on badly damaged hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mideyah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mideyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virgin coconut oil on badly damaged hair
    Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 4:21pm
My hair is badly damaged from weaves and bonding glue at this moment i have no edges so im forced to wear the weave until my edges grow back and its been 3 frustrating months and I still have no edges. I heard that Virgin coconut oil is great for regrowing damaged hair. Have any of you had a positive experience with coconut oil?  Im trying to get to bsl Like some of the ladies I seen on this site!
Sponsored Links

mideyah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mideyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 4:23pm
sorry i think i posted in the wrong section
allanweary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allanweary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 7:14am
  Virgin coconut oil or unrefined coconut oil is one of the oldest and trusted skin moisturizer and hair treatments in tropical countries. Virgin coconut oil is better than most expensive commercial moisturizer and hair conditioners in the market, because it does not only soften rough skin, it is also loaded with antioxidants that help repair skin damage and strengthen skin tissues therefore preventing wrinkles.

Murano Glass
D-lish-22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote D-lish-22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 11:40pm
I've actually heard that Castor oil is great for thickening edges. Coconut oil is just a good moisturizer. Try moisturizing your hair with a virgin coconut oil AND castor oil. Make an oil mix. 
mila07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mila07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 12:54pm
well I used to have damaged hair too but I started to use Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment with Heat Protector and it works great for restoring the hair, it reduces the frizz and keeps it healthy, soft, shiny, manageable and strong.
Hope this helps and good luck with that girl :)
EricaChristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricaChristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 5:21pm

Hi Smile

I started using coconut oil about one month ago to help with dryness and some split end breakage and for me it is working well. I put the oil in my hair after I come out of the shower and after my conditioning treatment; I find that it is easier to apply to wet hair, for me it absorbs more easily when my hair is wet. I apply some coconut oil in my palm and rub my palms together to melt it because I found that heating it in the microwave makes my hair frizzy. The amount I apply depends on what I am doing the next day because you don’t want to walk around looking too greasy. Usually if I’m going to the gym in the morning and can wash it out afterwards I apply a generous amount and leave it in overnight. It really helps keep my hair moisturized and prevents breakage which helps with growth. Make sure you get 100% coconut oil, coconut oil should be the only ingredient listed.

My step mother actually told me about the use of coconut oil. She is from Pakistan and she says that in Pakistan and in India women swear by using coconut oil to make their hair shiny and healthy. In fact most of the hair they use in the making of weaves and wigs ect are made with Indian hair. I am mixed with East Indian, West Indian (Trinidadian) and Irish so I have naturally curly hair which tends to be very soft but dry and it is very long, about half way down my back. I’ve never used chemicals on my hair not even dye but the flat iron has posed a lot of problems for me stopping my hair from growing any longer due to dryness and breakage. The Coconut oil is helping a lot and it is supposed to be the kind of oil that is able to penetrate your hair. I’d say try it and see if it works for you. You can always try other oils such as Moroccan/ Argon and olive oil.

Good luck J  

hair4brides View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair4brides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 4:21am
You are right Virgin coconut oil is great for regrowing damaged hair. It helps in damage repair as well as it also keep hair silky and moist. Massage your scalp and hair from roots to top at least once a week with coconut oil. You will definitely get good results.

Lara Smith
http://hair4brides.com.au - Hair Stylist Brisbane
a.j 425 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.j 425 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 2:54pm
The only thing I noticed differently about my hair after using EVCO is the strands looked and felt plumper. My hair was much stronger too.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic