Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by DIVA007 DIVA007 wrote:

^^ Missy she is selling it in Nigeria but not the US? Why?I remember your install and it was beautiful! I liked her virgin hair.
Not sure....I only heard thru another customer.  This vendor was my favorite vendor of all times.  I don't have any recent experiences but I treasure all my hair I purchased/kept. LOL.
Sponsored Links

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Vonnie732 Vonnie732 wrote:

and if its just plain old indian hair thats been sauced up, what do you think they do to it?? it cant still be virgin...can it?
I don't think mine was sauced up Indian.  It was quite different than other Indian I had worn.  I realize that it can all look similar if the density/texture/luster/color is close.  I think CV are probably processing to achieve the "brazilian" texture.
pretty_coco6824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pretty_coco6824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Vonnie732 Vonnie732 wrote:

and if its just plain old indian hair thats been sauced up, what do you think they do to it?? it cant still be virgin...can it?

I don't think it would be virgin anymore but I do think they would have cuticles aligned and the process is probably less damaging then say, kinky straight.  Although you can get "brazilian yaki" Brazilian light yaki, brazilian KS, etc.  which would be a double process, I suppose.  But they probably take single donor hair and process it lightly for the Brazilian texture.  I have no clue what the process would be though.Whatever it is makes the strands soft and light, not shiny and manageable yet not excessively silky.  Virgincurl.com seems to be one of the vendors that people speculate may be authentic South American hair, I think that's the one.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 12:59pm
I have seen plenty in Brazil
kurlykiss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurlykiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Belladonna1 Belladonna1 wrote:

Brazilian mamacitas value their tresses. So,  you are not going to find many of them willing to part with it. I think that Brazilian is very rare and expensive. Most of these vendors are marketing chinese hair as "Brazilian, Cambodian" and etc.

that was my thought. it seems hard to imagine brazilian women lining up to get their hair hacked off.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by kurlykiss kurlykiss wrote:

Originally posted by Belladonna1 Belladonna1 wrote:

Brazilian mamacitas value their tresses. So,  you are not going to find many of them willing to part with it. I think that Brazilian is very rare and expensive. Most of these vendors are marketing chinese hair as "Brazilian, Cambodian" and etc.

that was my thought. it seems hard to imagine brazilian women lining up to get their hair hacked off.
People will consider extremes for $$.  Brazil has a high poverty rate.  I think that large volumes of Brazilian hair is not likely however, I don't discount that a poor woman who is offered a decent amount of $$ wouldn't consider it. 
soglambitious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soglambitious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 7:19pm
I made a thread on this ...

To my understanding, virgin "Brazilian" hair is just run-of-the-mill Indian hair vendors have lightly processed (permed) to make it coarser and less shiny. Doing so, they create that perfect, un-shiny, soft - but not silky, holds a curl all day hair black women covet. I <3 EVERY install of this hair I've seen ... it's GORGEOUS and so believable.

The real deal (virgin hair shaved off a woman in Brazil) is VERY rare and likely to cost $100s/ounce. Your average sew-in requires 8oz or better, so do the math and then you'll see why most people ain't really walking around with AUTHENTIC Brazilian hair.

Vonnie732 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonnie732 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2011 at 10:35am
i'm so skeptical of this hair. it sounds too good to be true ya know
rredict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rredict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2011 at 10:50am
I have talked to suppliers in Brazil and the does exist and there is a market there for it. I was quote around $1,600 per kilo. They stream process the hair into various curly textures. i was told by one of the suppliers that their makert is becoming bigger due to all the interest of american women. So, yes its very expensive. I think I will just stick to Chinese and Indian hair for now.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by rredict rredict wrote:

I have talked to suppliers in Brazil and the does exist and there is a market there for it. I was quote around $1,600 per kilo. They stream process the hair into various curly textures. i was told by one of the suppliers that their makert is becoming bigger due to all the interest of american women. So, yes its very expensive. I think I will just stick to Chinese and Indian hair for now.
That's only $35.28 per oz so that is aligned with the prices that are out there in the market (plus AV markup of course).  For example, an 8oz purchase would be $282 to buy and an AV retails it for $390 (+107.81) per install.  Not an outrageous price if it is good quality hair.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic