Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVery useful info about MSM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
blue06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very useful info about MSM
    Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:30am

I am so sorry if this thread has been done before. But I was just looking at a website where I found some useful info about MSM.

Well apparently... women have long hair b/c of their genteics. Everyone's hair goes through 3 stages (as alot of you ladies are aware) growth-shedding- resting. But I didn't know that people with really long hair who grow their hair effortlessly have a growth period of up up 6 years straight without any resting period. Whereas for other women it is only two years. For so long I have thought that people don't see growth b/c their hair breakage might = their hair growth.

And I also didn't know that MSM extends the growth period for those with shorter hair growing time. I thought it just gave the hair a boost.

Feel free to stop me if I am sounding backwards. But anyway here's the info I copied and pasted below for you to read.

''A healthy body is the ideal environment for healthy hair to thrive. This means that a good metabolism, and immune system are also key factors for growing healthy hair fast. So, your hair vitamin should contain specific nutrients that are essential for faster hair growth. For example, MSM lengthens the natural hair growth phase allowing greater lengths to be achieved. Biotin, another key ingredient, promotes cell growth, the production of fatty acids, metabolism of fats, and amino acids. These two ingredients in addition to the others (Folic Acid, Niacin, Silica, etc) are all essential for for maximizing hair growth.

The anagen phase is the hair's growth phase. It is genetically determined. This is why some people can grow very long hair, while others cannot grow hair past their shoulders. A person who has an angen phase lasting six years will achieve much greater lengths than a person with only a two year anagen. Why is this? Because the hair grows in three phases: the anagen is the growth phase, the catagen is the growth phase and the telogen is the shedding phase.

Have you ever noticed that many women's hair will grow much longer than normal when they are pregnant. This is because the high levels of estrogen that are present during pregnancy lock the hair follicles into the growth phase for nine months. Shortly after giving birth, however, these hormone levels return to normal and many hairs immediately go into the catagen then telogen phase, making it seem like they are losing their hair.

So what can you do to make your anagen as long as possible? Until recently, it was something only genetics and pregnancy could do. Now, however, there is another option - MSM. Methylsolfonylmethane, or MSM, is a natural form of organic sulfonyl sulfur. This compound is present in many foods, especially most raw fruits and green vegetables. MSM provides sulfur that is required for healthy collagen and keratin. These are very important for healthy hair. MSM repairs and creates healthy cells thus allowing hair to grow more rapidly and achieve greater lengths.

Your hair vitamins do not need to contain amino acids. This is because the use of an amino acid supplement is not necessary for growing longer hair. Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein. Thy are found in foods of animal origin, such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products. Most Americans eat more than enough protein to supply these amino acids. Any excess protein will be excreted in urine. This excess protein also causes excess nitrogen to be excreted in the urine which has been been linked to reduced kidney function in old age as well as osteoperosis (due to excretion of calcium). Only STRICT vegetarians should be concerned about their protein intake.

Hair vitamins can increase your hair growth rate by up to 200%. However, to get the longest hair possible, you also need to eliminate all sources of breakage. If your hair is breaking at the same rate it is growing, it may seem as if your hair is not growing at all. Eliminating breakage involves the consistent use of gentle, but effective products.''
Sponsored Links

simjam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:43am
yeah i think i had read on here before that MSM actually increases the growth phase.

what has me concerned now though is what will happen once we stop taking MSM or using MT etc.

will our hair shed/rest stage?

anybody been doing this for over 6 years?
KaNaVal QwEeN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:46am
yupp it increases the anagen phase(growth)...Can you use it while using MT, and how much MSM can you take? can you take it while taking biotiN?!
simjam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 6:52am
I take MSM and biotin. u should also take the MSM with vit C. not sure how much, but I just take it with a glassof OJ or with vit C chewables
lolipop2004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 7:41am
Thanks for posting, great info.
treatlove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 7:43am
great info.
JMilz86 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 7:45am
Great info! Thanks for posting....*off to take that MSM n Biotin for the day*
Phattygyrl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 10:51am

I stopped taking my MSM and Biotin. I'll start back taking them, I still have them in my cabinet at home. Thanks for the great info.

guyanesesista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 10:55am

I've known this about msm for a while now but the thing about msm and me is that it stops my period from coming. Everytime I stop taking it my period comes, like this month. I never see my period when I'm taking this consistently. I did a thead on it about a week and a half ago. I've also read about that effect on lhcf.

ETA: The dreams I have when taking msm are aso verrrrrry vivid. Almost real, like you're rigth there and sometimes crazy. I actually looked forward to going to bed at night. Also reported on lhcf.

Edited by guyanesesista - Aug 27 2008 at 10:58am
manda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 1:21pm
Very Interesting. Thanks for the post!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair