Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very little hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:10pm
I would recommend not over analyzing it. People trybto change stuff and try new oroducts a new techbiques and really mess up. Ive learned to KISS.

Remember Everyone does not grow 6 inches a year. Urs maybe a little slower.
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 11:42pm
I'd say you're not deep conditioning often enough. 
Once a week use a deep conditioner with heat for 20 mins.
Also, oil and massage your scalp often.
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

I think my hair errs to the dry side

Protein- once a month..hair is protein sensitive
DC every 2 weeks...will increase this to 2x a week
Cornrows or braids..hair is too short to do anything else
No sulfate no silicone - only moisturise with oil and water
I do not trim often....will dust every 2 months now
this is soo not true. my hair is CBL so shorter than yours and there's a lot i can do and do do as PS. you can:
wig it.
braid it (extentions)
twist it (extentions)
bun it -you have the length too but if you want to (extentions)
wear a hat
etc.
theres a lot girl Smile
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 7:07pm
Thanks for the responses

hoping for growth retention in 2013

Edited by AmyAmyAmy - Dec 31 2012 at 7:12pm
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 7:51pm
((BIG HUG))

I live in cornrows/braids and your regi doesn't sound too bad to me.  Here are some things I do that maybe you can incorporate to help with retention:

-Keep your cornrows covered, it helps with moisture retention.
At home I rock a satin mens skull cap over my cornrows.  When I leave out I either put a wig, hat or headwrap over it.  Wearing the skull cap also helps to keep me from playing in my hair too much.

-Keep your hair stretched.
Wash, DC, dry and moisturize and seal in those cornrows.  Don't worry, your hair will be clean:)  This will also help to cut down on long, painful detangling sessions.  I don't allow it to shrink up when it's wet and it's dry when I refresh the cornrows or change it to another braid style.  It's also already clean and conditioned.

-Increase your DCing
I DC weekly.  You can add honey and EVOO to help with moisture or a few spoonfuls of yogurt, mayo or an egg to add some protein, since you want to keep it natural. 

-Increase your M&Sing
Like you, I use a water/oil mix to moisturize.  However, I seal afterwards with a little EVOO or Grapeseed oil.  During the colder months, I also like to incorporate Safflower oil for sealing.  I moisturize and seal twice per day - once in the morning and again before bed.  I immediately cover with my satin skull cap.  I also cowash or water rinse my hair in between my weekly wash and DC session.  Another way I moisturize is by rubbing in some of my condish and then sealing that in with an oil. 

I hope that you've found these tips to be helpful.  GL! :)
eveies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eveies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:21pm
I have been told that our hair can take longer to grow then others.Also i want to say that everyones hair grows at different rates and needs different things, just because you know other 4c'ers that use that reggie and it works for them does not necessarily mean it will work for you so maybe you need to tweak your Reggie a little. I think it can take a while to find out what your hair likes and what it doesn't. Try mixing it up a bit and making sure that everything you put in your hair is healthy for your hair. Lastly make sure to watch for breakage like others before me have said some times hair is braking off and we never even notice it. 

dont fret your hair will grow. 
Chanel#5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chanel#5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:03pm
I been growing my hair out since 2010 November ..I cut off all of my permed hair wow I thought I'm really going to do this...my hair grow back to its permed length in one year by trimming it every 6 months and keeping it moistened ..no weave ..I wout even flat iron it as for style I would keep it in clips no [ponytail holds or rubberbands..right now I have the cheapest braiding hair in my head with cornrows ..so women of color I suggest for straightening use a keratin treatment instead of a perm mixxed chicks straighting product I love it
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 1:42pm
Mine grows super slow, too. But breakage is also an issue somewhat. I sleep on a satin pillowcase or with my satin cap or both and i finger detangle now and i try to press it no more than 4 times a year. If I'm in the same room with a flat iron i swear my hair breaks off. I would also suggest using a cream in addition to the water and oil. I use whipped shea butter which seems to protect it pretty well. 
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:30pm

Hi Amy don’t be discouraged, your hair looks healthy.

I felt exactly the same every time I compared my hair growth/retention with other people, in occasions I actually believed that my hair was not growing, it grows maybe slower than some, but it grows. I’ve realised that instead of focusing in length I had to focus on hair health, as I said yours looks very healthy, strong and shinny.

I’m sure your hair is growing, the issue is retaining the length, for some reason your hair is breaking.

I totally agree with Swift advice, try to maintain your hair moisturised and protected. In my case I keep my hair in extension braids and weaves all year, only with 2-3 weeks break between installs, minimum manipulation is helping me to retain length. My hair is kept moisturised by using a conditioner & water spritz or S-curl no drip every other day, I DC every week on wash day and to protect my ends I seal them with JBCO.  I’m sure you’ll find the right techniques to retain length.

Don’t give up, try to improve your regimen to address your hair needs and you’ll find something that works for you. Once you find what works, you will meet your goal in no time.

Happy Hair Growing in 2013 Hug

AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2013 at 3:01pm
UPDATE

March '13

Finally hit APL!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com