Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Very discourage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:59am
You know what? I will give BHM credit. No one has gone in. Either we are getting nicer/soft or you guys like the OP. Either way, I am proud. I have only read constructive criticism in this thread. Since BHM is nice now, can we do a "Rate my Face" thread?
Sponsored Links

Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:00am
The day is still early
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

You know what? I will give BHM credit. No one has gone in. Either we are getting nicer/soft or you guys like the OP. Either way, I am proud. I have only read constructive criticism in this thread. Since BHM is nice now, can we do a "Rate my Face" thread?
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:13am
lmao^^
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:18am
My constructive advice? Find a better blog layout theme. The one you have now is fairly generic. I understand simple is what you are going for, but it's also boring and not very inviting. It will go a long way if your layout is fresh and fun (and easy to navigate) along with your sense of fashion.

Wordpress has some very good themes, some of them are for pay, but alot of good ones are free.

http://theme.wordpress.com/

Also might help to start a twitter account and network with other fashion bloggers to get your name out there.

Good luck.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Ok I went to your blog and I will give you a few tips:

-Get a new theme. Loves of people make them for free. Search through my post and you will see I linked to several sites that offer free help/tips on designing a website. They also have free themes for you. http://www.deviantart.com/ also has stuff, just remember to give credit where it is due.

-Your photos are not good. You can buy a cheap black velvet backdrop to take pictures. It'll look much better. Also hang up stuff or just a dummy. Putting on a bed or floor looks messy.

-It takes time to get viewers and you will do best to link to others and ask for link backs. Once again: IT TAKES TIME

-Look at other popular plus size bloggers and see how they do it. I am not saying to copy them but study and learn from them. Search for stores and brands that most plus size women don't know about. We all know about Lane Bryant. This will set you apart from the crowd.

http://www.gabifresh.com/
http://www.cupcakesclothes.com/
http://www.iamweesha.com/

Plus size brands:
http://www.igigi.com/  (she gives shout outs)
http://www.kiyonna.com/
http://www.asos.com/Women/Curve-Size/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=9577&via=top

Have a Pin link on your site
Get on ALL the social media sites
Update everyday, it doesn't matter if is short or just a blog roll, post every single day
Get sponsors (you have to network to make this work)

Good luck OP

lol didn't see this. Could have saved my words. Good post.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:53am
OP - every business has its ups and downs...if its your passion, keep pressing on. I'm starting business and last week I had to fire my web designer and may have to take him to court. This is all while I was suppose to launch last week. Right now I could give up, lots of $$$ is now gone but this is what I want to do and no one is going to stop me.  You have to be strong....people will let you down, talk about you, you yourself will get tired and frustrated but is something we ALLLLL go through. 

A few tips.
1. Change the blog template. There are some nice ones that run about $30 that would totally change the look and feel of your blog. 
2. Write down and clearly state the objectives and goals of your blog. Who/What's your target market?  
3. Know your industry...the fashion blogger community is something fierce. Find your lane: High fashion, budget friendly, corporate chic, causal charp etc????  If you're going to get in that lane....figure out how to stand out.
4. Start taking pictures outside....couches in the background is a distraction...and ppl like to see clothes in a natural light. 

One blogger I recently started to follow is Jessica Kane. She looks nothing like me but I love that fact that she's very honest and relate-able(probably not a real word, lol) but she has a story behind all of her outfits so you get know a little about her as well. 

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:59am
One more thing...practice posing... and from the way it looks who ever is taking pictures is shorter than you. Have them stand on something so that the picture is not from the bottom up.
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:03am
Take the pictures outside maybe

My biggest issue is that it's not visually appealing
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 11:52am
Some pretty cool blogs in here. I'm going to pass them along to some friends. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic