Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Ventilating needles

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jdrew000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdrew000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ventilating needles
    Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 11:17am
I want to make my own wig that is as realistic as possible. I need to find a few parts online that I haven't been able to locate anywhere. The necessary components are: a size "00" ventilating needle to grab 1 hair at a time, and a mesh with a very fine weave, 30 holes per linear inch (or 900 per sq.in.)
I bought a size 1-1 needle from His&Hers but it grabs 2 hairs every time. I have to consciously pick one hair out of the bunch instead of picking 1 blind, which is what the barb on the needle is supposed to do. And for mesh, i have their Swiss lace which is pretty close to what I want, but it has about 25 holes per inch, which isn't the density that I want for my wig.

I have seen and touched a $4,000 wig that was fully hand tied 1 hair at a time front to back. And that is what I want to recreate myself. The wig had a pretty stiff netting material and had a very fine weave pattern, almost too difficult to resolve with my eye 6 inches away. I would venture to guess that the cap material had 35-40 holes per sq.in.

Any suggestions or where I could source this material and needles? I am not a wig maker by trade and this is a one off project, so places like Alibaba may not cater to small batch productions (1 wig).

Thank you for any help and direction :-)
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 8:38pm
These companies sell super fine Swiss lace

Order Code 3104HD

This company sells ventilation needles of different sizes. Give them a call to confirm that they have what you need

Edited by bindy - Nov 02 2012 at 8:54pm
jdrew000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdrew000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:33pm
Thank you Bindy.

Have you ordered from the Atelier Bassi? I went on
FedEx to estimate shipping on a 1lb package Switzerland to Boston, it
was between $100 and $170. They wanted a FedEx account and wouldn't
want to hear anything else. Their SwissPost is heck of a lot cheaper.
Ugh!

I will explore Royer for their lace and tools. They seem to have needles sizes 0 thru 0000 and UK to US shouldn't be that expensive. Hopefully. 
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 2:12am
I ordered super fine Swiss lace once from Bassi years ago...The shipping via the post office was free back then. The lace was as advertised but there was a small hole on one part of the lace. I did not appreciate that and I thought it was bad customer service for them to send me "damaged goods". I ordered regular French Lace about a year ago. The lace that arrived was perfect. I think I paid around Fifteen United States Dollars for shipping via the post office.

I ordered super fine Swiss lace and regular Swiss lace from Royer a year ago. The lace that arrived was perfect. I think that I paid around Fifteen United States Dollars for Shipping via the post office. They sent me a confirmation email before they charged my credit card so I knew exactly how much I was going to be charged.

I received my order from both companies within 7-10 business days.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic