Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vent: Hairdresser used wrong relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Mezzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mezzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vent: Hairdresser used wrong relaxer
    Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 12:18am
Hey everyone, I have been going to a new hairdresser the last six months and my hair has transformed. She cut my hair, switched me to motions and treated my hair. I have been seeing real progress and for the first time in years actually liked my hair. It has been thick and lush vs. thin and limp previously.

Fast forward to last week she uses creme of nature regular and now my hair is breaking. I should have known something was wrong because my hair was literally on fire when it was being relaxed.

I had a lot on my mind when I went there and was not paying attention to the relaxer being used. While feeling sad and wondering why my hair looks like this it dawns on me that the tub I glimpsed was orange and not yellow. I then ask her and she confirms that is creme of nature so I tell her that my hair is now breaking and thin again. She said creme of nature gives it a better finish. I do not respond. She then apologizes saying that she will remember next time that I am a motions client.

Months of work have been undone and I will have to cut my hair again. My scalp is also still tingling.

What's a girl to do?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.

Edited by Mezzi - Jul 17 2013 at 12:23am
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 3:16pm
Sorry about that.  When I used to get relaxers, the only "professional" relaxer that didn' agree with my hair was the Vitale brand.  On top of them using a marcel iron (which is a hell no on my hair) my hair was breaking off like kindling wood/brush.  So dry and brittle.  What I had to do was use a reconstructor with some heavy duty protein to help slow down the breakage.  It took about three weeks for it to stop.  But it was my experience. 

Maybe you can ask her to give you a protein/reconstructor treatment free of charge to slow down the breakage.  Or if you are wary of her, maybe do it on yourself.  I liked the Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor (I believe that is the name) myself.
Mezzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mezzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 9:49am
Hey NARSAddict, thanks for replying.
I agree with you it may need a protein treatment. That woman is definitely not going to give me a treatment free of charge. I will do it myself, thanks for suggesting Affirm 5-in-1 I will check it out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply