Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vendors and Secrecy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:35am
Can honestly say I read all of 4 posts (maybe) out of this whole thread. 

#1. Vendor secrecy...not that serious. Youtube all by itself has opened the doors for EVERYBODY to get DETAILED information about vendors in EVERY PRICE RANGE. 

#2. Google + advanced search = Your best friend. 

#3. Nobody owes anybody a single thing on this FREE website. If you ask a question and you don't get the answer you want....move around,do some research. Doesn't matter if you asked someone who is a vet or a newbie (Side note: LOTS of newbies come up in here with "secret vendors too so really....). It's ultimately up to you to find out what's best for you and your tastes and your pockets anyway. 

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many ladies on here that are beyond informative and helpful. If people would stop complaining about the 1 or 2 that might come off rude they would be able to see the plethora of information thats right in their faces.
Sponsored Links

Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 1:53am
Originally posted by passionista passionista wrote:

Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Okay, you've done the right thing - research. Good!Tongue

But I think you may have over researched Smileif you are getting all that bad input - because it's not THAT bad. You need to pick a CV (and you have - Holly) tell them your specs, have him give you a price, pay for the unit and then wait for it to arrive.

That's it.

Like I said earlier though ALL the venders - CV and AV can mess up on you .. but not mess up on someone else. You need to be an educated customer - and it sounds like you are - bite the bullet and order from a CV like Holly. Holly has the same number of good/bad reviews as all the other CVs. You have to establish a relationship with them which often gets down to your personality and the amount of business you throw their way.

This AV in your link? Umm I would say this unit would cost you about $250 with a CV .. but that $415 (originally $485) is too much money to spend on that unit - Period. (Sounding like your mama here.)

Why? If you did your reading then you would know that the CVs are the wholesalers so you will not get the nice bells and whistles - like the nice layering, bleached knots etc. Only in this particular case .. the AV ad says they will not bleach the knots on a 1 or a 1b unit .... so this is not a good thing at all. Shocked You need bleached knots or your 'scalp' is going to look ... funny.

So you are paying upwards of $220 extra just to get that (admittedly) nice layering because that is the only difference between this unit and a unit from a CV. Confused This is a major, major drawback to purchasing this unit and I am thinking probably this AV does not bleach knots on any of their 1 or 1b units. I see that a couple of the units do not mention this restriction .. but that begs the question as to why they can bleach the knots on unit X but cannot bleach the knots on unit Z and they are both the 1 or 1b color? Umm something is not right about that. Shocked Ask them.

The layering? I have purchased over 30 units over the years from a CV but a few from a AV and believe me ... you can do this layering yourself. I started with YouTube videos .. but then I heard about www.creaclips.com . Or you can install the unit and go to a regular beauty shop like Great Clips and have them cut the unit to your face .. for what $30 or $50 or so. Much cheaper and it is customized to your face. Meaning the shortest layer of the unit hits either your jawline or the top of your cheekbone ... either one based on what suits your face.  You can learn this on your own when you learn how to layer the unit yourself.

So that is my analysis of your choice.

I say - order from Holly as you've already speced out, buy the bleaching kit yourself from http://www.hairdirect.com - www.hairdirect.com or faux bleach the knots (again you will have to do this anyway if you buy the $415 unit) and then look at the zillions of youtube videos that tell you how to layer the unit.

If you still want to order from this AV - okay, but choose a unit where the knots are bleached and ask about their return policy. The return policy is the ONLY other reason to buy from an AV - because typically a CV will not let you return the unit and get your money back. That is another big difference between an AV and a CV. But .. you cannot return the unit if it has been altered IN ANY WAY. Take note.

Now ... beware .... as I mentioned earlier I think, lace front game is an expensive and time consuming game. First off .. the first unit you purchase is never gonna be the unit that you like .. maybe in the second or third unit. Why? because no matter how much you research (and you must research) ..umm when you put that unit on YOUR head .. chances are .. it's not gonna look right. I am not saying this to discourage you .. I am just saying I did a ton of research first too as many other girls here but then when I got the unit ..it looked 'okay' but I had to work on it to make it look good and realistic.  

In fact you really have to buy several units because you will likey 'kill' or in some way mess up your first units in the process of trying to get it to 'look right'. Now ... I could not have imagined this in advance either .... but that will likely be your experience as well.

Either that or you don't want to change it for fear of damaging it ... so you install it on your head, right out of the box and .. ummm it doesn't look right so then you have to walk around looking funny but wearing it because you have already spent your $415. But what is the point of wearing a unit .. if it looks funny?

So if people in the mall or anywhere are staaaareing at your head... don't think they are jealous... think something is off about your look. This is because we as Black Americans are all 'mixed' race in various and sundry ways so the unit you are wearing .. for many reasons might not look so believeable. If you don't care about all the stares and whatnot - okay, fine.

See what I mean?Disapprove Niet zo mooi (Not so nice).

It is a lot of work but there are no shortcuts IF you want the unit to look good on you. I think everyone here would like to get a unit, put it on our heads and SNAP have it be the perfect length,color, texture, etc but have it managed perfectly because there is no hard water in your house, or the products you have chosen for washing and conditioning keep the unit perfectly moisterized, and the glue or tape you use works perfectly and does not break out your skin, and the edges are shaped realisically or the edges/sides are thinned out nicely and you have the short baby hairs etc.. the list goes on and on and on.

But that is not the case so please set your expectations accordingly.

Again, I am not saying this to discourage you and I hope you don't flip out on me like those other ENTITLED harpies with the bad attitudes and demands for information, Hee hee! LOL  or I will just move on (shrugs) geesh, who cares? 

I am just trying to help you but truly the 'care and feeding' of these units is expensive and the learning curve is quite steep .. which will be difficult for a college student on a budget to manage.  There's a lot to maintaining the units and if you don't do this to the unit, it will die and you will throw up your hands and say either you got a bad unit from a bad CV or ... Lace fronts are all crap and move on. I've seen it for years.

It is not for the meek of heart but if you can hang in there .. you can have a beaaaaaautiful application, learn how to order, maintain, customize etc the units for a LOWER price because your CV starts giving you discounts after a while and you figure out what products work for you etc. All of this reaaaally brings the cost and time and energy on the units dowwwwwn. But it's a lowww row to hoe to get to this point. Again, there are no short cuts. Hang in there 'Grasshopper'. Wink

That was very helpful!!! Thank you! I did decide not to go with the AV and stick with Holly, I'm looking at another CV as well since I'll be purchasing two units and going from there. I decided to stay away from adhesives and go with the elastic band method and sew some combs in. I don't wear my hair up in high ponytails anyway I just like the freestyle parting and being able to style more hairstyles in other ways. Thanks again, that was very helpful and thanks to the PM I received too. I appreciate the help.

You're welcome. Wink

For your second vendor try Jack sun.

www.shuangyewig.com  

He's been on the list of vendors in the Newbie list for yearrrs. Smile Umm I must say .. for the elastric band or combs method of attachment - though it will do temporarily if you are in a pinch ...long term this will be just as damaging as the weaves in terms of taking your natural hair out. Just be aware.Confused

SoDivine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:42am
Ummm off topic, but what other hair boards can I join?  PM me please!
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:26pm
I only really read the first and last page and it looks like it got hot in here

From another perspective 

- I have shared vendors before, wefts and closures, and some people had success others didnt, a bandwagon was started and you feel bad for those that do not have the same experience if they order because of your recommendation and review. 

Other members do not share for this reason, my experience with a vendor will not be your own.. and if its a review it looks like you lied, over hyped hair, you dont know what your talking about or you had other motive (someone threw shade at me in a separate thread after a bandwagon was started on a alivendor) 

To safeguard all, most members will tell you to research is so your choice will come with good credit, and your able to make an informed choice as a customer.. research is always the way forward

Originally posted by SoDivine SoDivine wrote:

Ummm off topic, but what other hair boards can I join?  PM me please!

none are as poppin' as BHM or LHCF, they either do not have active members or the advice is sourced from this side

Edited by Hawk - Jan 14 2013 at 6:27pm
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:57pm
I agree with the OP as well. I've been on here for a hot minute too (Still a newbie because I rarely post) and people are unnecessarily rude sometimes. To the ladies that say that people do help on here, some intentionally make it even more difficult. I was reading a post a while back where a member posted their vendor, and another member demanded that she take it down immediately and to not tell anyone Ermm. Like, really though? So sad....
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:08pm
In the end does it really matter tho? I wouldn't think it would when there are thousands of posts in every section of forum that would be able to provide necessary information. This is what I'm personally not comprehending from everybody that gets upset about rude members. 

Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:46am

I don't understand it either .. good grief who even cares about these entitled harpies demanding to be hand fed?

Geesh, these women with their delicate sensibilities and whatnot – just makes you wonder how they survive in the real world if they are so focused on the rudeness factor to the extent that they can’t even see the information factor. Hee hee!

In fact, I have shared quite a bit of information and except for the last poster ... everyone else chose to ignore everything I said ... and just focus on my 'rudeness'. Really? It is 'information'-take it or leave it (shrugs) and move on.

I don't believe it. I think it's all about 'control'. This folks have control issues if they are coming out of nowhere and would like to dictate to everyone else what they should or should not be able say or share or do .. on this free forum. Duh! And if you do speak ... um you've got to say in a way that pleases them. FUNNY! These folks act like we owe them something. DUH!

And then … they themselves become rude ... in trying to tell other folks that … THEY are rude. Hee hee! Some of us are having a big laugh and all these sensitive, delicate people that will turn around and try to snap someone else’s head off. What a joke. Beer 

Hey, nobody is getting paid or in other way compensated for writing on this board and ... where is it written that the people on this forum are somehow obligated to share their experiences just because we are Black. Where ARE these rules? I am not saying people should be rude but if they are .. put on your big girl panties and deal with it.  

Hee hee! See .. now THAT was 'rude' but I don't care .. because whatever I say will be interpreted as being rude or an 'attack' anyway. DUH! If I’m getting credit for it (shrugs) … I may as well own it. Hee hee!

These people need to get over themselves. Clown Clowns.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:06am
Exactly Becky! I just laugh at it all lol
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

I don't understand it either .. good grief who even cares about these entitled harpies demanding to be hand fed?

Geesh, these women with their delicate sensibilities and whatnot – just makes you wonder how they survive in the real world if they are so focused on the rudeness factor to the extent that they can’t even see the information factor. Hee hee!

In fact, I have shared quite a bit of information and except for the last poster ... everyone else chose to ignore everything I said ... and just focus on my 'rudeness'. Really? It is 'information'-take it or leave it (shrugs) and move on.

I don't believe it. I think it's all about 'control'. This folks have control issues if they are coming out of nowhere and would like to dictate to everyone else what they should or should not be able say or share or do .. on this free forum. Duh! And if you do speak ... um you've got to say in a way that pleases them. FUNNY! These folks act like we owe them something. DUH!

And then … they themselves become rude ... in trying to tell other folks that … THEY are rude. Hee hee! Some of us are having a big laugh and all these sensitive, delicate people that will turn around and try to snap someone else’s head off. What a joke. Beer 

Hey, nobody is getting paid or in other way compensated for writing on this board and ... where is it written that the people on this forum are somehow obligated to share their experiences just because we are Black. Where ARE these rules? I am not saying people should be rude but if they are .. put on your big girl panties and deal with it.  

Hee hee! See .. now THAT was 'rude' but I don't care .. because whatever I say will be interpreted as being rude or an 'attack' anyway. DUH! If I’m getting credit for it (shrugs) … I may as well own it. Hee hee!

These people need to get over themselves. Clown Clowns.

ClapClapClapClap
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:54am
FYI, CV, Roman has been catching heat lately.  Is it due to the BHM effect?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic