Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vendors and Secrecy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Memphisbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Memphisbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by gloryx7 gloryx7 wrote:

As Sexi stated there has been so much scamming on this board.  When the OP first stated she was from another board (and gave the name) ~ and she had been lurking on this board since 07 and still doesn't know any reputable Vendors !!!  That should tell you she had another motive for opening the discussion.  We don't take to kindly to hidden agenda's....

@MemphisBaby....how dare you say WOW...when you come on BLACK HAIR MEDIA to express the difference between Whites & Blacks.   Surly you are not that ignorant (Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular) to the culture differences.  Blacks happen to be more expressive, emotional to say the least about us.  So if we offend you in our expressiveness than KIM....

Girl just stop.  My post was in no way the express the difference between black and whites. This board is not place for that.  But it was to express the difference in how two different forums are managed that basically discuss the same thing (Hair).  And again it was an observation.  

Cultural differences should not be an excuse for rudeness, impoliteness and just plan foolerly conversation.  If you are saying that Blacks happen to be more expressive, then you don't know a lot of people from other ethnicities.  I'm also a member of Latina hair boards, White girl hair boards and several other boards geared towards woman of color (not just Blacks -as you say) again I have not seen this type of response on those boards.  That has been my experience.

But to be honest, the "WOW" was a response to how you responded. Again, I was not complaining at all, I was making an observation.

What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all.  

Or even more specific, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

That is all.

Edited by Memphisbaby - Dec 29 2012 at 5:51am
Sponsored Links

musbjaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote musbjaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 4:16pm
I've been a member here since 09... I am still at junior status tho because it's just to much energy to post.... I will help a person with info, but most of the time I just google search for the info I need and keep it moving... It's some great members here and I've noticed that there are some Vets that rarely post now as well... Just use this forum for what it's worth.. I just keep myself updated with the current trends and Ive found a lot of my vendors by staying behind the scenes... The first time I posted on here I was attacked for answering someone's question with my experience with a certain vendor just because I wasn't the op!... I learned quick. I really don't like to entertain drama.
I'm just saying if you like a certain members pics pm them, and if they give you the info then there you go. If not dont take it personal that's just how it is... I'm a weave girl so I don't have much info on wigs, but I read thru lace fronts because most times if they can make a good quality wig their weft hair should be decent... Good luck and Happy New Year to you all!

Edited by musbjaz - Jan 03 2013 at 4:20pm
gloryx7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote gloryx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:31pm
I am only responding because of being urge too...normally I would ignore this type of attack, but I see I need to explain my previous response.  I see I'm addressing someone who looks on the outside and not within (don't mean to sound critical only introspective).  I don't say this to condemn anyone, it's that I am beyond sick and tried of people putting down our race and comparing it to other races. Black women have been chipping away at the stereotypes and attitudes that still define and crowd us into these very small pigeon holes, from which it is very hard to be seen as fully human.. 

..With that said the vets on BHM have labored together to enhance beauty and try to instill creativity among us.  And with much success ~ there is not one arena that is worth mentioning we have not been an integral part of; from the Gabby Douglas to the Wendy Williams and so many more successes BHM has contributed to.  Guess what, these are people of Color (go figure)..  I won't even mention the financial success that the vets of BHM created. So to imply that Blacks 
have failed to model unhealthy lifestyle choices is totally incorrect.  

What you experience is the right to choose. And because it's not a way that you and your kind respond to, you express your position.  And you have every right too.  But to insult and imply that I may be a fool is unacceptable.  Let’s face it- we can treat others badly all in the name of "Lets All Get Along." But when you put your Race down as a whole ~ you are putting yourself and your family down also.  And not appreciating the sacrifices made for you to even speak.     Selah 

Girlfriend, my deepest desire is that we are always emotionally controlled women of strength, secured by our dignity.  

Edited by gloryx7 - Jan 05 2013 at 5:32pm
darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 7:18pm
this is all nonsense. everybody needs to agree to disagree. ya'll arguing on the internet and making yourself look foolish. i'm sitting here just laughing at the tomfoolery. that is why i barely because of women period. i'm talking about all races.
luxury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote luxury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:21pm

Ok, this is long, but stay with me: Smile

First off all, I can’t believe we are still discussing this issue in 2013.  I haven’t been on this site in months but I see nothing has changed. Cry

Second, I’m sorry, but I think all the LF ‘vets' on bhm are abit delusional in their perceived influence over the LF vendor industry. LOL

Yes, perhaps 2-4 years AGO, when LFs were relatively new to most people (and more expensive), when most vendors (let alone Chinese vendors) did NOT have websites, and there were not that many vendors to begin with, yes, perhaps THEN vendors became overwhelmed with a rush of ‘bhm inspired’ orders.  But I don’t think the same can be said TODAY (or heck, even a year ago).   Now, Every ‘china-man’ (sorry for not being PC) now has a factory churning out indo-tunisian hair, lol. 

Blaming ‘bhm lurkers’ on the poor quality of hair you receive is complete BS.   Its like saying, when people order 1M Toyota cars, quality declines.  No.  What High Demand does is actually increase/improve competition (increase the # of producers in the marketplace because, again, there is high demand and entrepreneurs sense an opportunity to make money).   If you don't want to share your vendor, just say so.  No reason to provide some ridiculous excuse about poor vendor quality.

TBH, i think many people that visit/are on bhm probably have their preferred vendors and are not willing to switch until they see consistently good quality from another vendor.  Cos we all know many many many vendors are actually hit or miss….and no one wants to waste $$ on the newest vendor on the block.

And I do agree with some of the previous comments, one can easily do a google (and other) search nowadays to get a list of vendors to buy from.  But that’s not the point.  You come to bhm to be among fellow lf wearers and share, not to receive snarky comments about not searching the board.  And if people are not sharing, they’ll either not visit or just lurk.   Tbh, I’ve always felt some of the responses provided to (questions from) newbies were unnecessarily harsh.

What I find funny is that, the ‘vets’ are always quick to say they have a pv or ‘they don’t share vendor info’ but what they don’t realize is that, ‘newbies’ see/read that and they do the same.  And it becomes a cycle that perpetuates itself.

Lastly, today’s consumers honestly don’t have time to read 60pages of info when they can just ask a question on a board.  Yes, the ‘vets’ might not like it, but that’s the way people use the internet these days.  Think about it, while searching for info on the net and you find a forum, yes, you might do an initial search, but do you really spend the time reading through 75pages or do you just post a question? And people nicely answer? Its about instant gratification, people.  We all seek it.

And that list that sb or whoever created eons ago? Seriously that needs to be updated tbh.  With that said, I do think there are some valid newbie thread info out there (knots bleaching, bb etc) because that info is pretty standard....vendor info however? Confused

Thanks for reading!

passionista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passionista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:45am
I have a comment to make on this topic...it's a little long, bare with me y'all.

I just made an account today and this is the first comment I've ever made on BHM. I've been ghost reading this forum for months now. When I decided to get out of wearing micro braids and started wearing lace fronts, I learned pretty much everything I know from, let's just say, HOURS AND HOURS of research and using the lace front forums that have a plethora of information.

I've been wearing synthetic units and after finally gathering all of the information and everything about the lace front game, I am getting ready to buy my first full lace human hair wig this week (I'm excited y'all!)

However, I've literally been putting in hours and hours of research trying to find a legit vendor and I'm almost afraid to shell out on the upwards of $300-$400 because I'm a college student and I live on my own and pay my own bills, I don't have a lot of money. I was hoping my investment in a good unit (for that much money, shooooot) would last me for awhile. But I must say, I have quite a fear of landing a bad vendor and getting a crappy wig that sheds or mats up within a couple weeks or these other horror stories I've been reading and watching everywhere and that's all I can afford for awhile, so if I get a bad unit, I'm screwed. So, I've been researching and researching and putting in a lot of time looking at AV and CV trying to find a legit one even though I can tell they all really seem to be a hit or miss.

I wanted to ask here if anyone knows a good quality vendor that I am most likely to get my money's worth with but I can tell already that that isn't going to happen. While I understand some of the reasons behind why some women don't want to share, I just wish people were more helpful in this area. We are spending hundreds of our dollars here...

Anyway, I've looked at literally hundreds of CV's, AV's and reviews and I actually found this topic while researching reviews on vendors. If anyone would like to PM me a vendor they feel is quite legit, please do so. I hate to ask of y'all to give up your "private vendors" but all I want to do is research on them so I can make a logical decision for myself.

Anyway, the vendor I am most likely going with is either Ruth's Beauty Shop, I am in love with this unit: http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/robin.html but I am afraid of spending so much and it turns out to be a miss. However, I just adore that unit and most of the reviews I've seen on Ruth have been okay.

I am leaning more towards CV Holly Zhang though. She has really been very helpful with me on selecting the right unit (I'm too impatient right now to do a custie, I'm doing that next) and I've read a lot of good things about her as well. But her customer service is on point.

Anyway, I'm still researching so if anyone wants to PM me a vendor that would be great, otherwise I'll continue to keep researching and hope for the best Cry, if I spend my lil money on a bad unit I'm gonna be realllll HOT AngryAngry! Anyway, I just found this thread interesting....
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 4:19am
Okay, you've done the right thing - research. Good!Tongue

But I think you may have over researched Smileif you are getting all that bad input - because it's not THAT bad. You need to pick a CV (and you have - Holly) tell them your specs, have him give you a price, pay for the unit and then wait for it to arrive.

That's it.

Like I said earlier though ALL the venders - CV and AV can mess up on you .. but not mess up on someone else. You need to be an educated customer - and it sounds like you are - bite the bullet and order from a CV like Holly. Holly has the same number of good/bad reviews as all the other CVs. You have to establish a relationship with them which often gets down to your personality and the amount of business you throw their way.

This AV in your link? Umm I would say this unit would cost you about $250 with a CV .. but that $415 (originally $485) is too much money to spend on that unit - Period. (Sounding like your mama here.)

Why? If you did your reading then you would know that the CVs are the wholesalers so you will not get the nice bells and whistles - like the nice layering, bleached knots etc. Only in this particular case .. the AV ad says they will not bleach the knots on a 1 or a 1b unit .... so this is not a good thing at all. Shocked You need bleached knots or your 'scalp' is going to look ... funny.

So you are paying upwards of $220 extra just to get that (admittedly) nice layering because that is the only difference between this unit and a unit from a CV. Confused This is a major, major drawback to purchasing this unit and I am thinking probably this AV does not bleach knots on any of their 1 or 1b units. I see that a couple of the units do not mention this restriction .. but that begs the question as to why they can bleach the knots on unit X but cannot bleach the knots on unit Z and they are both the 1 or 1b color? Umm something is not right about that. Shocked Ask them.

The layering? I have purchased over 30 units over the years from a CV but a few from a AV and believe me ... you can do this layering yourself. I started with YouTube videos .. but then I heard about www.creaclips.com . Or you can install the unit and go to a regular beauty shop like Great Clips and have them cut the unit to your face .. for what $30 or $50 or so. Much cheaper and it is customized to your face. Meaning the shortest layer of the unit hits either your jawline or the top of your cheekbone ... either one based on what suits your face.  You can learn this on your own when you learn how to layer the unit yourself.

So that is my analysis of your choice.

I say - order from Holly as you've already speced out, buy the bleaching kit yourself from www.hairdirect.com or faux bleach the knots (again you will have to do this anyway if you buy the $415 unit) and then look at the zillions of youtube videos that tell you how to layer the unit.

If you still want to order from this AV - okay, but choose a unit where the knots are bleached and ask about their return policy. The return policy is the ONLY other reason to buy from an AV - because typically a CV will not let you return the unit and get your money back. That is another big difference between an AV and a CV. But .. you cannot return the unit if it has been altered IN ANY WAY. Take note.

Now ... beware .... as I mentioned earlier I think, lace front game is an expensive and time consuming game. First off .. the first unit you purchase is never gonna be the unit that you like .. maybe in the second or third unit. Why? because no matter how much you research (and you must research) ..umm when you put that unit on YOUR head .. chances are .. it's not gonna look right. I am not saying this to discourage you .. I am just saying I did a ton of research first too as many other girls here but then when I got the unit ..it looked 'okay' but I had to work on it to make it look good and realistic.  

In fact you really have to buy several units because you will likey 'kill' or in some way mess up your first units in the process of trying to get it to 'look right'. Now ... I could not have imagined this in advance either .... but that will likely be your experience as well.

Either that or you don't want to change it for fear of damaging it ... so you install it on your head, right out of the box and .. ummm it doesn't look right so then you have to walk around looking funny but wearing it because you have already spent your $415. But what is the point of wearing a unit .. if it looks funny?

So if people in the mall or anywhere are staaaareing at your head... don't think they are jealous... think something is off about your look. This is because we as Black Americans are all 'mixed' race in various and sundry ways so the unit you are wearing .. for many reasons might not look so believeable. If you don't care about all the stares and whatnot - okay, fine.

See what I mean?Disapprove Niet zo mooi (Not so nice).

It is a lot of work but there are no shortcuts IF you want the unit to look good on you. I think everyone here would like to get a unit, put it on our heads and SNAP have it be the perfect length,color, texture, etc but have it managed perfectly because there is no hard water in your house, or the products you have chosen for washing and conditioning keep the unit perfectly moisterized, and the glue or tape you use works perfectly and does not break out your skin, and the edges are shaped realisically or the edges/sides are thinned out nicely and you have the short baby hairs etc.. the list goes on and on and on.

But that is not the case so please set your expectations accordingly.

Again, I am not saying this to discourage you and I hope you don't flip out on me like those other ENTITLED harpies with the bad attitudes and demands for information, Hee hee! LOL  or I will just move on (shrugs) geesh, who cares? 

I am just trying to help you but truly the 'care and feeding' of these units is expensive and the learning curve is quite steep .. which will be difficult for a college student on a budget to manage.  There's a lot to maintaining the units and if you don't do this to the unit, it will die and you will throw up your hands and say either you got a bad unit from a bad CV or ... Lace fronts are all crap and move on. I've seen it for years.

It is not for the meek of heart but if you can hang in there .. you can have a beaaaaaautiful application, learn how to order, maintain, customize etc the units for a LOWER price because your CV starts giving you discounts after a while and you figure out what products work for you etc. All of this reaaaally brings the cost and time and energy on the units dowwwwwn. But it's a lowww row to hoe to get to this point. Again, there are no short cuts. Hang in there 'Grasshopper'. Wink

Edited by Becky - Jan 13 2013 at 6:44am
nmordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nmordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 7:00am
Seems like some "experienced LF wearers" (almost sounds like a profession lol) have become arrogant the more people request information from them. All of of rudeness lashed out because of a simple question. If it's getting redundant, no need to answer. But obviously, this isn't a repeat question for the OP, so I don't see why people felt the need to attack. Reminds me how this world is so cut throat in even the most trivial things (i.e. sharing CVs) Dead

Edited by nmordi - Jan 13 2013 at 7:01am
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:03pm
nmordi..hi..it is not that the experienced vets are on the attack..i have been on these boards since 2008 and have seen the changes..they will offer their advice which was gained through them burning through wigs in the case of bleaching, taking the hit for the team for vendors for research so the rest of us can learn from what they experienced with this vendor (sexibeach, ms celie etc.) and when they advised us we had some that would challenge what they said without even reading the ELEMENTARY LACE WIGS log they put in the newbie section...READING is funadamental and a very serious part of the lace wig game if you want your wig to look natural..there is NO way around it..i have seen many on this board that complain their bleaching did not work but they burn out the knots as they dont follow the instructions given by ashleys mom to a t...everything has a foundation and the lace wigs does also ..follow what the vets give you and you will have minimal issues..ignore it and usually it means a great wig of 200-400 dollars down the drain...the choice is the lace wig purchaser's

Edited by pg12345 - Jan 13 2013 at 12:07pm
passionista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passionista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Okay, you've done the right thing - research. Good!Tongue

But I think you may have over researched Smileif you are getting all that bad input - because it's not THAT bad. You need to pick a CV (and you have - Holly) tell them your specs, have him give you a price, pay for the unit and then wait for it to arrive.

That's it.

Like I said earlier though ALL the venders - CV and AV can mess up on you .. but not mess up on someone else. You need to be an educated customer - and it sounds like you are - bite the bullet and order from a CV like Holly. Holly has the same number of good/bad reviews as all the other CVs. You have to establish a relationship with them which often gets down to your personality and the amount of business you throw their way.

This AV in your link? Umm I would say this unit would cost you about $250 with a CV .. but that $415 (originally $485) is too much money to spend on that unit - Period. (Sounding like your mama here.)

Why? If you did your reading then you would know that the CVs are the wholesalers so you will not get the nice bells and whistles - like the nice layering, bleached knots etc. Only in this particular case .. the AV ad says they will not bleach the knots on a 1 or a 1b unit .... so this is not a good thing at all. Shocked You need bleached knots or your 'scalp' is going to look ... funny.

So you are paying upwards of $220 extra just to get that (admittedly) nice layering because that is the only difference between this unit and a unit from a CV. Confused This is a major, major drawback to purchasing this unit and I am thinking probably this AV does not bleach knots on any of their 1 or 1b units. I see that a couple of the units do not mention this restriction .. but that begs the question as to why they can bleach the knots on unit X but cannot bleach the knots on unit Z and they are both the 1 or 1b color? Umm something is not right about that. Shocked Ask them.

The layering? I have purchased over 30 units over the years from a CV but a few from a AV and believe me ... you can do this layering yourself. I started with YouTube videos .. but then I heard about www.creaclips.com . Or you can install the unit and go to a regular beauty shop like Great Clips and have them cut the unit to your face .. for what $30 or $50 or so. Much cheaper and it is customized to your face. Meaning the shortest layer of the unit hits either your jawline or the top of your cheekbone ... either one based on what suits your face.  You can learn this on your own when you learn how to layer the unit yourself.

So that is my analysis of your choice.

I say - order from Holly as you've already speced out, buy the bleaching kit yourself from http://www.hairdirect.com - www.hairdirect.com or faux bleach the knots (again you will have to do this anyway if you buy the $415 unit) and then look at the zillions of youtube videos that tell you how to layer the unit.

If you still want to order from this AV - okay, but choose a unit where the knots are bleached and ask about their return policy. The return policy is the ONLY other reason to buy from an AV - because typically a CV will not let you return the unit and get your money back. That is another big difference between an AV and a CV. But .. you cannot return the unit if it has been altered IN ANY WAY. Take note.

Now ... beware .... as I mentioned earlier I think, lace front game is an expensive and time consuming game. First off .. the first unit you purchase is never gonna be the unit that you like .. maybe in the second or third unit. Why? because no matter how much you research (and you must research) ..umm when you put that unit on YOUR head .. chances are .. it's not gonna look right. I am not saying this to discourage you .. I am just saying I did a ton of research first too as many other girls here but then when I got the unit ..it looked 'okay' but I had to work on it to make it look good and realistic.  

In fact you really have to buy several units because you will likey 'kill' or in some way mess up your first units in the process of trying to get it to 'look right'. Now ... I could not have imagined this in advance either .... but that will likely be your experience as well.

Either that or you don't want to change it for fear of damaging it ... so you install it on your head, right out of the box and .. ummm it doesn't look right so then you have to walk around looking funny but wearing it because you have already spent your $415. But what is the point of wearing a unit .. if it looks funny?

So if people in the mall or anywhere are staaaareing at your head... don't think they are jealous... think something is off about your look. This is because we as Black Americans are all 'mixed' race in various and sundry ways so the unit you are wearing .. for many reasons might not look so believeable. If you don't care about all the stares and whatnot - okay, fine.

See what I mean?Disapprove Niet zo mooi (Not so nice).

It is a lot of work but there are no shortcuts IF you want the unit to look good on you. I think everyone here would like to get a unit, put it on our heads and SNAP have it be the perfect length,color, texture, etc but have it managed perfectly because there is no hard water in your house, or the products you have chosen for washing and conditioning keep the unit perfectly moisterized, and the glue or tape you use works perfectly and does not break out your skin, and the edges are shaped realisically or the edges/sides are thinned out nicely and you have the short baby hairs etc.. the list goes on and on and on.

But that is not the case so please set your expectations accordingly.

Again, I am not saying this to discourage you and I hope you don't flip out on me like those other ENTITLED harpies with the bad attitudes and demands for information, Hee hee! LOL  or I will just move on (shrugs) geesh, who cares? 

I am just trying to help you but truly the 'care and feeding' of these units is expensive and the learning curve is quite steep .. which will be difficult for a college student on a budget to manage.  There's a lot to maintaining the units and if you don't do this to the unit, it will die and you will throw up your hands and say either you got a bad unit from a bad CV or ... Lace fronts are all crap and move on. I've seen it for years.

It is not for the meek of heart but if you can hang in there .. you can have a beaaaaaautiful application, learn how to order, maintain, customize etc the units for a LOWER price because your CV starts giving you discounts after a while and you figure out what products work for you etc. All of this reaaaally brings the cost and time and energy on the units dowwwwwn. But it's a lowww row to hoe to get to this point. Again, there are no short cuts. Hang in there 'Grasshopper'. Wink

That was very helpful!!! Thank you! I did decide not to go with the AV and stick with Holly, I'm looking at another CV as well since I'll be purchasing two units and going from there. I decided to stay away from adhesives and go with the elastic band method and sew some combs in. I don't wear my hair up in high ponytails anyway I just like the freestyle parting and being able to style more hairstyles in other ways. Thanks again, that was very helpful and thanks to the PM I received too. I appreciate the help.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>