Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vendors and Secrecy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Memphisbaby Memphisbaby wrote:

I hope you ladies realize that this type of conversation only happens on BLACK hair media.  I am a member of several hair sites more geared towards European (read:White) ladies and these conversations never happen.  I seriously wonder why. (not being sarcastic with that.)  They freely give up vendors and sites to order from. Answer the same questions over and over again.  I'm just saying.

New members asking the same questions over and over happen quite frequently on different types of forums.  I frequent a gaming forum and another completely unrelated forum, and the answer from the more longer term members is always the same - check the stickies and/or do a forum search.  Members understandbly get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.
Sponsored Links

Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:43pm
newbies hush..and do some research please...and thanks
Prairieflower1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Kellyanna Kellyanna wrote:

Originally posted by Prairieflower1960 Prairieflower1960 wrote:

Come on people!  Do you have to be so harsh?  No wonder some new members don't want to post things.  Don't you think this world is bad enough without sarcasm?  All you had to say was that there was info about the subject and point her in the right direction.  As far as research on this site, sometimes when you try, nothing comes up.  Maybe she's so tight on time to try to do an extensive search.  Give people a break.  This world is bad enough without that type of crap!  Nobody needs to be degraded merely due to asking questions.
This is how this forum is, its sad but true... This just shows how catty and rude some sister are.. If you cant help a fellow sister get some good quality hair for an affordable price, then why are you here, its like no wonder the black community is where we are now. The majority of the women on this forum feed of drama, It's sad but true... All I  can say is trail and erro sister, and never spend more then 200 on a wig, I went through plenty of vendors and then one day I found someone with my price point and I did it all by myself... Keep your head up and dont worry about these cows, all they give is negativity and frustration.....
LOL

Ha, ha...yes I've noticed. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Nijjah25 Nijjah25 wrote:

newbies hush..and do some research please...and thanks

I'm not a "newbie"...just trying to help a new member, which is what these sites are supposed to be doing.  I've had my own vendor of choice for a few years now, however I don't mind sharing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by gloryx7 gloryx7 wrote:

Originally posted by Memphisbaby Memphisbaby wrote:

I hope you ladies realize that this type of conversation only happens on BLACK hair media.  I am a member of several hair sites more geared towards European (read:White) ladies and these conversations never happen.  I seriously wonder why. (not being sarcastic with that.)  They freely give up vendors and sites to order from. Answer the same questions over and over again.  I'm just saying.

I could go so many ways with these statements ~ but for now I'll only reply with this:  AND YET YOU ARE STILL HERE ~ COMPLAINING....DeadDeadLOL

Yes we are still here...maybe we're just trying to teach common courtesy.  Yes, we are still here...because we like to experience diversity on all things regarding hair.  Do we absolutely need this site...NO...however, I, in particular, mainly just like to see the styles.  There are a lot of things I could say but it is not in my nature to degrade others.
CherryAde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryAde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:22pm
I appreciate the info in the stickies but sometimes the info is outdated... vendors, methods, quality etc is constantly changing so maybe people ask because they require more current info...

It's so sad that BHM threads go from 0 - Ugly in half a page... I feel that a higher ranking member could have asked the same question and people would have flocked around in agreement and not opposition << That's bandwagoning lol
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:33pm
I personally do not mind helping people out but at the same I do not get mad when members do not want to share their vendor. I don't pout or stomp me feet and think its unfair. I really do not understand why people feel that just because you join the forum you have to share your vendor. No one is obligated to share anything and some people need to stop treating others like they are wrong for not sharing. I am not picking sides I just do not see why some people are getting mad. I don't have a top secret vendor but from actually spending time on the forum I can list at least 10 different places to purchase a lace wig.

Edited by starliteboo - Dec 27 2012 at 4:34pm
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by CherryAde CherryAde wrote:

I appreciate the info in the stickies but sometimes the info is outdated... vendors, methods, quality etc is constantly changing so maybe people ask because they require more current info...

It's so sad that BHM threads go from 0 - Ugly in half a page... I feel that a higher ranking member could have asked the same question and people would have flocked around in agreement and not opposition << That's bandwagoning lol

It isn't outdated it still applies all of it, even the vendor's b/c the newer vendors that have come out since those listed ain't about nothing.. so they wouldn't never have made the list, those on that list are TRIED AND TRUE.. and have been in the business longer than these later one's have ever been.. you need relationships established with them to get the best of quality they have to offer.. and if you just got in the game, the game is now played, you really don't know what good quality is b/c its not like it use to be anymore.. All the hair we got back in 2005 was all high quality hair, that is no longer available.. all was cuticle hair, I could get 24 inches of cuticle aligned hair for 150 those days  long are over.. 

but this site is full of folks that don't want to learn anymore, they don't have anything new to contribute.. the tips and tricks are the only one's that have been established I can't tell you how many times I see a thread and the tip was mine, and folks act like they came up with it.. Vet's have left here for many reasons, aren't any now.. b/c this board is no longer about learning, its about telling things so they don't have to learn.. 

i've helped thousands, i've been that one that answered the same damn questions a thousand times, b/c I was a moderator on this board.. but folks don't care that you help them at all.. they don't understand if you don't learn for yourself even if you get their vendor you won't know what to do with the wig when you get it.. then the next thread is blaming everybody but themselves about their purchase.. you can't help those that don't want to help themselves.. 

Becky, LeeWhite, Glory and Bre told the truth.. the lurking hasn't been long enough to understand how this board as always been, and for the most part its ALWAYS been about helping..but its had its very ugly side as well, called scamming big time, so folks are very alert b/c we've seen much more than you have apparently.. that's why its a waste of time to explain it, you've not lurked long enough to know about all the scamming, b/c the lace wig game is scandalous, its serious business you don't even have a clue how deep it can get.. and there has been MORE scamming from members than there has ever been by vendors.. YES the Members scam.. but your offended b/c you don't have that understanding, when you shouldn't be..b/c no one has ever been obligated to give any information to anybody, if they did its been b/c there was a sisterhood, that no longer exists on this board..

Edited by sexibeach - Dec 27 2012 at 4:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:52pm

Becky was informative at first, then she became rude and some other’s seemed to follow suit with snippy comments like they were school children. StellaGirl already received the information for my vendor.  No one said it was an obligation to give out the name of your own preferred vendor…there was just curiosity as to why nobody was willing to on this site.  The answer was given to her, and then…given again with more rude comments.  It was as if some thought they were so “above” the new member that they just had to be obnoxious.  Same thing happened to me a while back…asked a question…got an answer, then the bitchfest of off the wall snippy remarks. Also, has it ever occurred to anyone that some, even after watching videos and researching, still don’t really get it?  Maybe that’s why some would like more extensive information and also this site seems to screw up a lot and it’s a bit hard to search for things.  With that being said, if StellaGirl or anyone else (especially newbies) asks me questions, no matter how repetitious, I am willing to give answers, my vendor, (the company name, but not the name of my “go to” person) and I will answer without trying to sounding or act like a holier than thou bitch with an attitude.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:53pm
Wow!  That print came out way too large.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>