Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vendors and Secrecy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prairieflower1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:58am
I still feel that if it is a reputable and large enough company where units are being purchased, the quality wouldn't go down.  QDhair ships worldwide, and I'm sure tons of people have purchased the same custom units I purchase, but the quality I receive is always superb.  Unless you find a smaller company that can't handle an extensive amount of supply and demand, then yes, I can see how the quality would go down, and I wouldn't blame them for not sharing.  Fine Lace Wigs is located in Illinois, and I don't know if they ship internationally, but the quality, at least as far as I see with my units, which are stock from them, hasn't changed either, and I get great customer service with both companies.  Maybe, with a lot of people ordering units that are kinky curl or yaki, I can also see where the quality could potentially be bad, as these units, IMO, look over-processed to me to begin with...however, each of us purchase what looks best on us.
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 2:00pm
I think the bandwagon is more applicable to weaving hair more than LFs, since weaves are immensely more popular (according to my observations).  But yeah, the bandwagon effect can just be awful. 

Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:03pm
You are not lurking hard enough! There is a list in the "additional newbie information" sticky. Cmon now, do we have to hold your hand and lead you like a little kid?
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

You are not lurking hard enough! There is a list in the "additional newbie information" sticky. Cmon now, do we have to hold your hand and lead you like a little kid?

Right.  You can't expect everyone to give you answers when all you have to do is research.  I don't mind sharing vendors but, I will not do your research for you.  I never trust anyone else's judgement any way because I'm so picky so, I don't mind researching.   Not everyone will have the same experience and it is not hard to find vendors these days, they're so many of them! If you look at old topics on the board, I promise you will find enough vendors to email and talk to until you feel comfortable ordering from them.  Put in the time and effort and you'll find your own! 
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:54pm
well there have been instances where a person would give a recommendation about a certain and then 'someone' would use their name as a reference trying to get a discount..then diss the wig after they overbleached it..the wigs that the experienced members buy from are always tweaked by them to make them appear more like their hair..it is not a purchase and then plop it on your head deal...alot of newbies want to do as little in terms of tweaking a wig as possible hence american vendors that have already bought from chinese vendors or make them themselves fit the bill but are more expensive..

most of the major suppliers are already listed in the forum history for lace wigs just have to take time to do research Cool
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:02am
I have to agree with the others.

Really, there are 2 zillion CV's out there. If you do a simple search in yahoo - you will get pages and pages of hits .. though some of them have different websites.

Second, Sexbeach spent a lot of time and I think a few others contributed to several sticky threads on where to start for newbies .. including links to many well known vendors. All you have to do is contact one of them, tell them what you want and ask for a price quote etc. You can contact all of them .. actually.

If someone tells you the vendor they use (and I have done this many, many times) it does not mean you are gonna get the best result. It's a lot a work to sit down and figure out exactly what you want. The hair texture, color, length, lace type,density, lace color, bleached knots etc and still I guarantee that you not like the first wig you receive. 

This is because it is not gonna look like what you expect and likely your head is not gonna match a standard medium or large unit .. so then you will have a major issue with the fit. So that means you need a custom unit. Not including the installation - meaning the tapes and glue you have to use. Then there are the shampoos and conditioners etc.

People PM me all time asking for my vendor and I tell them and then they have all these details and specs. Umm when you order from a CV - you are basically buying wholesale (no middleman). So you pay a lower price to get the basic unit you want - then you get it home and cut and layer it etc yourself.

The mistake people make is they want a CV that gives the same customer service etc as an AV .. and that is not realistic. You will gain a bit of this though after you establish a relationship with a vendor and yes, that takes time and money.

If you want a unit that has alll these different densities and fancy colors etc and you have a zillion itty bitty questions about the ONE itty bitty unit - I am afraid a CV will put you on his 'dummy' list and not take you seriously ... so he might blow you off. 

These people deal in BULK -  like 50 - 100 units every couple of weeks from many AVs. They send the basic unit in and the AV is the one that tweaks it up for you FOR A PRICE. That is why the CVs are so cheap and the AVs cost more money.

So when you buy from a CV .. don't expect it to look like the picture and don't expect to just sit on your head and walk out of the door. If you do ... it look funny and people on the street will be staring at your head ... not to mention what your friends will be thinking. Confused

In the end... the lace wig game is not everyone. It's not for the folks that don't have much money. I repeat - you have  to spend if you want a decent wig. Someone just posted that thread about the order they made with Roman wigs .. and someone else listed the costs - all in the $177,$183 price range. Then she posted that she didn't like what she received .. and thought .. well, you get what you pay for. Those prices were too low.

There is nothing easy or simple or cheap about the lace front game. If you want a good vendor and good application for a good outcome .. you have to do the work - just like all the rest of us did when we started with these units.

If you are not willing to do this then you need to stick with the weaves or just buy a regular $29.99 wig at the BSS and be done with it.

So ... start with  the newbie starter threads, takes notes, ask informed questions of the members here .. and get going. But asking someone who their vendor is .... will not help you find a good vendor really.

Edited by Becky - Dec 26 2012 at 8:12am
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:22am
Preach Becky!  Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:36am
Come on people!  Do you have to be so harsh?  No wonder some new members don't want to post things.  Don't you think this world is bad enough without sarcasm?  All you had to say was that there was info about the subject and point her in the right direction.  As far as research on this site, sometimes when you try, nothing comes up.  Maybe she's so tight on time to try to do an extensive search.  Give people a break.  This world is bad enough without that type of crap!  Nobody needs to be degraded merely due to asking questions.
bellabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:44am
Well said girl ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:48am
I also think whether it's a CV or an AV, it depends on how you speak.  Some people sound demanding in normal conversations and that has a lot to do with how well you are received.  I have had no problems whatsoever, (guess I'm lucky), but my first dealing with a CV was through email, then phone communication and they've even called me back to ask me a question.  This is why I only order from her.  She is such a joy and is patient with all of my questions and concerns.  The relationship starts from the very beginning.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>