Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vendor dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vendor dilemma
    Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 5:29pm
I'm in bit of a rut ladies....my favorite/main vendor (bellagirl) closed her doors earlier this year so I've been in need of a new vendor...my goto back up vendor is great when it comes to stock units so I recently reached out to order a custom unit from him (tyrannosaurus ***) the custom units color was great...the lace was fine....the cap came an inch smaller than what I'd ordered but I figured everything else about this unit worked so I could live with it .....upon washing the (really really curly unit) I came to find that she was curled with a wand before being shipped to me and was actually a deep wave (I could live with this too....) upon combing her straight to air dry (I try to avoid using heat on my units) I find out that she's not virgin Chinese (actually Indian AND there's yaki hair blended it) I'm upset annoyed and having to live with it for now but this is really unacceptable for what I paid and what I've come to expect from this vendor (I've ordered from him close to ten times)...so I'm torn as to if I should stick to stock his stock units in Indian (I really prefer not to wear Indian hair) or venture out to perhaps holly or roman....I wanted to know if any ladies had any suggestions on vendors who make Chinese units & color them well? I've been researching other popular vendors like Zara (way overpriced) sassy (not hearing good things) what wig (nice vendor but the colors haven't been right from my past experiences) rpg (not hearing good things) I'm leaning more towards holly over roman but I'm still ....uneasy with my last custom purchase I know this may be a shot in the dark but this lady is losing faith...

Side note: I've come to find that buying virgin units and bleaching them leads to nightmare split ends (with my luck) not wanting to resort back to that either

Edited by I<3Suomi - Apr 29 2013 at 5:31pm
Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 5:21am
Well, you know I wear the lighter hair.. and  I have to say, after recently trying AGAIN to purchase colored hair, IMHO ALL colored hair from the vendors sux.  Anything lighter than a 4, you HAVE to do it yourself to still have decent hair at the end.  I just hate all the work involved of coloring every single wig I own, but I think I am sticking with it!  I've tried virgin Chinese and Malay from a few vendors, colored in a 6 or a 30, and .. no WAY was the hair as nice as the result I get coloring from virgin myself.  I don't have a split end problem, so I have to wonder if you are using harsher coloring than me or something in your technique is contributing to that problem.

Sorry that doesn't help.. as for vendors, I would definitely go with Holly over Roman Any. Day.  I have used both.   Holly's standard stock density is quite thin in front, though, so you know.  But crown density tends to be good!Smile  Roman's hair ain't nuthin to write home about and neither is his customer service, IMHO. 
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:34pm
i would say avoid Roman, it seems his hair is not up to par and he has lots of complaints.

i find consistent spending with vendors gets me quality hair. If i order consistently (longer lengths, multiple units) i get good hair.

This lace wig game is bananas.

Good luck.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:34pm
I don't have any suggestions for CVs that do a great coloring job, but I suggest you color them on your own.  Be sure to condition before and after bleaching - use a reconstructor after bleaching.

The only CV color job that I really liked that comes to mind is a blend of I think was 2,4,6 made by Holly for purpleredrose.

I love the look of the colored Zara units btw.
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 4:30pm

Ive had to color serveral (tyranosaurus ***'s) units lol i normally use kaleidocolors to do a light lift or i use clairol developer and wella bleach...i think the split ends are because that particular vendor does a lot of processing to the units prior....for example I bought a so called virgin indian (only processed into curls....or so he says) in 1b lifted it to a 3 and upon washing it the water turned brown....this guy processed it AND DYED it to 1b just for me to try to lift it to a weak 3 and get splot ends.... ive lifted other units of his but they all get split ends.... I really just want a vendor who is actually going to send me chinese when that what i order/pay for lol Im getting desperate lol, Definitely leaning to holly.....I cant keep getting swindled....you would think after buying so many units....he would look out for me.....YOU WOULD THINK lol....

I love zaras colors too! if only the prices werent so jacked up lol

Im beginning to think I might have to try to do a custom with holly....I saw the cassie/rihanna style custom thread she made and it was gorgeous...

Edited by I<3Suomi - Apr 30 2013 at 4:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System