Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Vanessa Simmons is Pregnant!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 31>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

i hope no one here judging ever had a kid out of wedlock. (fake) married now or not.

MY DAUghter was born out of wedlock what does that make me...thank god my pastor didn['t marry me and her father cause later on when me and my daughter moved in wiith him he was verbally abusive to me...so my dad told me to pack her and my things up and come on home..
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Yeah, I was disappointed and surprised when I heard this.  I don't understand why so many black people do not value marriage or a family unit, especially considering the state of Black America. 

The USA doesn't subscribe to common law marriages then or is it like many other legal concepts a state-to-state thing? We have that out here after five years of continued cohabitation as if the man and women were married both enjoy the rights of married spouses.

Developed and refined  in relation to the realities of the time, nuff faithful stable, shacking up but very few official ceremonies and women often left holding the bag when the man run off after years of being together. [the mass weddings Lady Huggins had, ended in the break down of the relationships] The legislators knew it to be a result of the break up of the black family unit, marrying off spouses and massa taking wives while the husband looked on helplessly among other things

kinda hard to subscribe to something as common as the haileys comet in the black community out there

Edited by afrokock - Oct 02 2013 at 12:36am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 12:36am
From Essence website:

Simmons and Wayans plan to walk down the aisle. Just not now. "Of course we talk about that and it's looking good," says Simmons. "But I don't want to be a pregnant bride. I wanna have a beautiful wedding, hopefully a destination wedding where I can show off my figure in a beautiful long flowing dress." 

after 8 years, "it's looking good"? 

sad face.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 12:37am
im pretty sure ill marry out of wedlock too... 

im not religious or anything.. i could careless about being married prior. 

however, i will feel a way if im with a guy for hella years and he doesnt care to marry me... i cant do that unless hes rich. 
and if im like savannah and i was with him before the riches.... no. 
i will really really feel a way. unacceptable 

Edited by coconess - Oct 02 2013 at 12:38am
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Yeah, I was disappointed and surprised when I heard this.  I don't understand why so many black people do not value marriage or a family unit, especially considering the state of Black America. 

The USA doesn't subscribe to common law marriages then or is it like many other legal concepts a state-to-state thing? We have that out here after five years of continued cohabitation as if the man and women were married both enjoy the rights of married spouses.

Developed and refined  in relation to the realities of the time, nuff faithful stable, shacking up but very few official ceremonies and women often left holding the bag when the man run off after years of being together. [the mass weddings Lady Huggins had, ended in the break down of the relationships] The legislators knew it to be a result of the break up of the black family unit, marrying off spouses and massa taking wives while the husband looked on helplessly among other things

kinda hard to subscribe to something as common as the haileys comet in the black community out there

LTR/cohabitation isn't uncommon there so afro. Common law marriage would clear all the shade and hysteria about unwed parents up AND save the expense and headache of planning a wedding.LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:05am
Well Americans are so advanced they don't want to accept native principles love

Lol
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:07am
Its a slap in the face to invest your youth in a relationship and it never progresses to the next logical step........she wants marriage its him....i feel her on the preggy bride thing but after 8 years they had plenty of time.....
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:09am
Common law does exist in some states.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:24am
Thanks Sang, yea afro that's exactly it.

OT Where's Kim Porter and Janice coombs?
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:31am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Jojo is a lost cause......
yes, lord.

& thx everyone.

why everyone always sh*ts on jojo ?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs