BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Vanessa Bryant:dont need to shoot in the gym

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vanessa Bryant:dont need to shoot in the gym
    Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:50pm
jacked..

You wasn’t with me shooting in the gym
Those lyrics became one of the most memorable rap lines of 2012 after Drake jumped on Rick Ross’ Stay Schemin track and referenced Kobe’s pending divorce to Vanessa Bryant. During that time, it had been reported that Kobe was would have to hand over half of his fortune and three mansions to Vanessa as a result of their divorce settlement which left most guys appalled. Drake had somehow given them a new anthem with those lyrics!
Although there was video that surfaced of fans chanting the, “She wasn’t with you shooting in the gym” lyrics to Kobe to show their support, The Bryant Family has never really addressed the song until now. Recently, in response to a few commenters who reminded her of the lyrics, Vanessa Bryant wrote on her Instagram:
I love when immature kids quote a rapper that has never been friends with Kobe and knows nothing about our relationship. Just shows how gullible they are. I don’t need to be in the gym. I’m raising our daughters, signing checksStern Smile and taking care of everything else that pertains to our home life. [...]
I really wish people would stop THINK and then realize that they are being sucked into someone’s clear intention to monetize and gain attention off of our family’s heartache. This is real life. I hold down our home life so my husband can focus on his career. It’s a partnership.
Since my husband is isn’t friends with Drake, we received a text of an apology forwarded from his manager. It’s done and over with and it’s now time for people to THINK before speaking.
Back in August, Amar’e Stoudemire’s fiancee Alexis Welch made a similar statement on the importance of a woman taking care of home so that her hubby could perform well on the court:
We all want to encourage our men and support them. This is a partnership. We’re going to get everything balanced, and that will be reflected on the court. I’m taking care of the household, making sure the kids are straight, the dog has his food, making sure Amar’e can be a dad at the end of the day, do something that has nothing to do with basketball.
Sadly, marriage is suppose to be a partnership but a lot of people nowadays do not look at it as such.
Drake, meanwhile, has already gone on record and said that the lyrics were never meant to offend Vanessa and he was only speaking from the male perspective:
That line came from a conversation about being this young and making this much money and the fear of losing it all. I just used his potential situation to address my own life. I never intended to offend Vanessa or anyone else.
Do you agree that women should get half of her husband’s earnings during a divorce, or at least half of what he earned while the couple were married?

Edited by miana79 - Jan 02 2013 at 11:52pm
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:51pm
she wrote all that on instagram?

eta: i have so many questions

1a. didn't Kobe realize it was 'cheaper to keep her' and that's why they're still together?

2. why did drake apologize?

3. why did she acknowledge this like 2 years after the fact?

4. who cares?

5. monetize? girl bye--the houses he has bought you and your momma are proof that you monetize just enough

6. i heard Kobe has kids outside of his marriage

7. according to the police report filed by the rape victim he likes to choke people soo....shut up Vanessa. your man is weird sexually.

8. i feel like this is her life

9. i thought she didnt like speaking publicly bc she was above that?

10. why has she never fixed her teeth?

11. why doesn't she hold him down enough so that he doesn't rape women?

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 02 2013 at 11:58pm
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:53pm
colby's cheeks/jaw look old
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:53pm
& she's right!

FYI she doesn't have a nanny so don't come in here talmbout she don't raise her kids
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:54pm
I agree with her general stance but Vaneesa just seems like a whiner.

Ok dang
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:54pm
Wait til she find out what yall said about her dawdahs 

Edited by Gkisses - Jan 02 2013 at 11:55pm
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:55pm
but kobe laughed when someone sang the lyrics to him..and  their impending divorce was fresh.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

she wrote all that on instagram?

LOLLOL I dont know why she would use instagram as her platform..LOL
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:58pm
This thread aint gon be sh*t without James and MM tho lol
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:59pm
In other news I thought instagram was all photos. Didnt know u could write mini essays 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>