Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Valerie Harper Sued for Faliure to Reveal Cancer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Valerie Harper Sued for Faliure to Reveal Cancer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valerie Harper Sued for Faliure to Reveal Cancer
    Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:06pm
dam!
and we had tix to see her in 'Looped' but she announced she was leaving the play the night before it opened in our area. S Powers replaced her so we gave our tix away. Now I'm glad we didn't support him.

Playwright Sues Valerie Harper for Not Revealing Her Cancer

Valerie Harper Sued For Not Revealing She Had Cancer to Employer
PHOTO: Valerie Harper visits the SiriusXM Studios in New York, April 17, 2014.

Valerie Harper
Valerie Harper is in the middle of a lawsuit with playwright Matthew Lombardo for not revealing she had terminal cancer.
Credit: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

Talk about a low blow!

TMZ reports that Valerie Harper is in the middle of a $2 million lawsuit with Broadway playwright Matthew Lombardo after she failed to tell the producers of Looped that she had cancer.

The playwright of Valerie Harper's Broadway show "Looped" is suing the actress for $2 million, claiming she didn't disclose she had cancer until after she signed on to star in the play.

Matthew Lombardo says Harper and her husband concealed her lung cancer from him until it spread to her brain.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show veteran, 74, was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in 2012, which caused her to slur her words and forget her lines during rehearsals.  Harper had to pull out of last year's national tour of the play.

Lombardo claims Harper failed to notify him, costing him $500,000. His lawsuit comes after the Dancing With the Stars contestant filed her own lawsuit when the playwright failed to pay the remainder of her contract after she pulled out of the show.

Despite her daunting diagnosis, Harper has blossomed since her big announcement, but she certainly isn't out of the woods yet. 

"In response to a recent erroneous quote concerning my health, I am not 'absolutely cancer-free,'" she told in a statement to Us Weekly. "I wish I were. Right now what I am is cautiously optimistic about my present condition and I have hope for the future."

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 28 2014 at 2:08pm
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:08pm
Im sorry but I completely understand his issue......
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:12pm

I don't understand a lawsuit.

I'm sure he lost money though. we didn't buy our tickets, but  I'm sure many paying people decided not to go see it once Valerie was out of the play. 

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Im sorry but I completely understand his issue......

Me too. It's cold, but its not a friendship, its business.

I wouldn't have sued though.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:18pm
That's how the industry works. No one wants to lose money.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:18pm
yeah, I don't see a lawsuit against a terminal person* helping his plays sell tix down the road either.
eta: *that America loves

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 28 2014 at 2:19pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:23pm
Did Toni Braxton get sued for something similar when she was doing that stint in Vegas?
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:28pm
It seems like the reason he decided to sue her was because she tried to sue for the rest of her contract payment after she quit. Seeing as she knew she had cancer, she was out of line for that and should have been up front from the beginning.

She should have walked away from the rest of the payment and he shouldn't be suing her.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:28pm
I think that's it M.
I don't like either of them suing. I bet she doesn't need the money either.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Did Toni Braxton get sued for something similar when she was doing that stint in Vegas?

That was a bit different. Everyone knew about her diagnosis and the insurance company went on and insured the show. Then when she had to stop because of a flare, the insurance company decided they weren't going to pay out (and this company is known for doing that type of ish). So then she was held personally responsible for the cost of the show and had to file bankruptcy.

In the end she filed suit against them and won because they were shady.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic