Extensions Plus

Valentine's day help

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MaPetite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaPetite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valentine's day help
    Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 1:54am
So it's been a minute since I posted but I need some advice since I'm feeling pretty sh**ty. So today was obviously Valentine's, and also happened to be my bf and I's four year anniversary, and I didn't get anything. Not a dinner not a card nada. So my birthday also happens to be in four days, and since he is in med school, the plan was for him to come down on Thursday. I offered to come see him today last week, but he said it wasn't a good week for him, and he asked if he could give me our anniversary gift on my birthday. I agreed but I did think I would at least get some flowers, five dollar chocolates, some balloons. Anything in the mail. Last year we ended up having a huge fight around our anniversary/birthday and I ended up having the worst birthday/anniversary of my life. He's a Jehovah's witness so he doesn't celebrate Christmas or anything and it's not like we're constantly exchanging gifts throughout the year. I can afford to buy myself any big present I want, and it's not even about a huge gift. I just wanted to feel special on our anniversary/valentines, and eat a box of chocolate my bf bought me, and look at some roses. Like the most basic of things. We ended up arguing a few days ago and though he wished me happy anniversary and all that, I've just felt horrible all day. He claims he was going to give me some big gift on Thursday but to be honest, the gift doesn't matter to me very much, I just wanted to feel special like everybody else today. I think next year I'm just going to send myself some chocolates in the mail. So my question was mostly am I being unreasonable?
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 11:51am
You are already thinking about next year when this year and last year you guys had arguments around valentine's day?

Well, he is in medical school, and that takes a lot of his time. Are you guys in a long distance relationship?

Maybe he just picks fights just so he is justified in not giving you presents.
Maybe he picks fights so he has an excuse to not see you.

You are not being unreasonable. If he doesn't believe in exchanging gifts, at least a phone call on the day of your anniversary would be nice. It doesn't seem like he cares as much as you do about those dates.

He may have sent something for you for valentine's day and it is still in transit to your house.

I think you need to express to him how important those dates mean to you. See what he has to say. Maybe he honestly doesn't think it is a big deal to celebrate valentine's and anniversary.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic