Topic ClosedVaccines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
gemofagirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vaccines
    Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 11:51am
Angry I am not letting my kids pediatrician bully me into my kids getting shots without me first researhing them I have heard some scary things about the gardisil vaccine as well as other vaccines . Too many kids are getting autism and from what I have read it is very likely that getting so many vaccines at one time can contribute to this my health insurance recently sent a postcard for my step daughter to get the hpv vaccine I told my husband to make sure he  and her mom really learn more about it before  allowing her to get this I don't know how true it is but I have heard that kids have died after recieving this. I held off on letting my 2 year old get the rest of her vaccines I am going to talk with her DR. and ask if she can split the vaccines up so she is not getting them all at the same time. The DR's claim that these shots no longer contain  toxic mercury which was used as a preservative in vaccines and it is linked to learning disabilities but I am going to play it safe and insist that she only gets maybe two vaccines at a time to limit her exposure to any thing that is not good ! It is soo scary when you can not even fully trust the people put in place to care for your kids it seems like in the end it is all about money !
Sponsored Links

kiki25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2008 at 9:01am

helath care professionals say it is you should get your children vaccines.I'm in the helath care field as well,and from my own presonal experience, I do not like getting my kids vaccines because it seem like thay always get sick afterwards.Cry

What do you ladies think?
Badzchic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2008 at 10:53am
I agree it is ridiculous how many drugs they want to give a small child in one setting. 

Both my husband and I were opposed to the flu vaccine.  The doctor came in and basically guilted my husband into letting them get it.  That pissed me off.  They definitely use scare tactics at the doctors and that is not cool.
glamourdollxoxo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 7:32am
My family doesn't believe in the flu vaccine since we are never sick with it. When I have children I won't be giving them the flu vaccine either and I will be seperating vaccines instead of doing just one big super one.
Trinitylove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2009 at 10:51am
most people let doctors give their kids shot without thinking
helma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 6:41am

Vaccines changed medicine
Vaccines have literally transformed the landscape of medicine over the course of the 20th century.

Before vaccines, parents in the United States could expect that every year:

• Polio would paralyze 10,000 children.
  • Rubella (German measles) would cause birth defects and mental retardation in as many as 20,000 newborns.
  • Measles would infect about 4 million children, killing 3,000.
  • Diphtheria would be one of the most common causes of death in school-aged children.
  • A bacterium called Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) would cause meningitis in 15,000 children, leaving many with permanent brain damage.
  • Pertussis (whooping cough) would kill thousands of infants.

Vaccines have reduced and, in some cases, eliminated many diseases that killed or everelywasserbetten  disabled people just a few generations before. For most Americans today, vaccines are a routine part of healthcare.

However, the disappearance of many childhood diseases has led some parents to question whether vaccines are still necessary. Further, a growing number of parents are concerned that vaccines may actually be the cause of diseases such as autism, Network Management Serviceshyperactivity, developmental delay, attention deficit disorder, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) among others. These concerns have caused some parents to delay vaccines or withhold them altogether from their children. For more specific information on these concerns, visit the Vaccine Safety section of the site.

thinkergirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2009 at 4:15pm
Please get your child's vaccines. I'm not talking about gardisil or the flu vaccine. But polio, chickenpox, pertussis, mumps, etc are not to be played with. Most of us do not remember how dangerous these diseases are because we had vaccines and did not have to experience many of them. However they are no joke and can ruin your child's life. I am by no means an expert but I do have a chemistry degree and I can tell you that many of the information distributed by celebrities and parents of autistic children is untrue. Please look at research from both sides before you make a terrible mistake that may paralyze or hospitalize your child.
freelisasmith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2009 at 5:39pm

To vaccinate or not to... tough decision. My opinion on this topic is why not wait until the child reach a certain age... let the body get stronger and let them build their immunities. What I know for sure is that people that get vaccinated get sick more than those of us who chose not to. Why????

neolady22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2009 at 10:28pm
the body can't build the immunities naturally- you have to 'be exposed' so to speak to get antibodies to fight thins.  For the most part children that are breast fed- get SOME from the mother- not a lot, just a little.  Parents really do need to research both sides before making these choices.  By the time children are old enough to go to school- age 5, they would have been exposed to many things- but not the school age things that children get sick with.  If you dont vaccinate your child and they get sick with say chicken pox, or something worse- things could be dangerous for your children.
I am not saying that autism is not caused my vaccines, I am onlyl saying that parents need to research both sides to be fully informed.  I believe that for the most part there is not an increase in the number of autism cases- I just believe that the medical field has gotten better at providing a diagonsis for autism.  This getting better has led some to think that there must be an increase in the cases and that these cases are related to something- what do all children get vaccines.  This is not a causes and effect thing--- just research
gemofagirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2009 at 2:22am
update  I took my 3 yr old to the dr and she was pissed that I had not kept her up to date on her vaccines she said parents should not be so worried about vaccines ! I just told her look I want them split up and she just gave her two vaccines and I have to take her back to get the third !
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic