Extensions Plus

Vacationing Solo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LuvRayn07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvRayn07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacationing Solo?
    Posted: Feb 03 2009 at 1:02pm
I am really really considering vacationing by myself with in the next few months. I would prefer to wait for my girlfriends but if I do I'd probably be waiting until July or longer.

I am interested in traveling anywhere in Carribean or Mexico 

Has any one taken a solo vacation? How was it? Where did you go? Would you do it again?
Sponsored Links

mskninah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskninah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 8:32am
i was thinking about just going some places myself too!! i have the extra money right now.. but i wouldnt know where to go and low-key im kind of scared to go alone..
LuvRayn07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvRayn07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 4:26pm
Yeah I am a little scared to..but I feel like if I wait on my girlfriends to go I'll have to wait longer than I want..and perhaps not go at all. I'm guess not many ppl have traveled alone..thus the deadness of this topic. LOL
mskninah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskninah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 7:21am
lol thats how its looking..lol.. but i think your right.. im going to pukk out my map and mark it with all the places im finna go!!
Roro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 8:40pm
y yall don't go togetherBig%20smile
sarakaun View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarakaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2009 at 4:14am
I've taken a number of solo trips and also trips with friends and family. I love it! With solo trips, you can do whatever you want and not have to wait on someone or deal with their drama. I must admit that solo trips work better in some areas - I've done solo trips to Hawaii, Alaska, Sedona, Seattle, you name it. I love travelling and do a fair amount of trips each year. If someone wants to join me, that's fine. If not, it's fine too - I'm still going and I'm going to have a fabulous time.

It's not as scary or intimidating as some may believe. Just be smart and about it.

Happy Travels!
danniekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danniekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2009 at 9:57am
Yeah I've done solo vacations too but just to places inside the US.  I don't think I would travel to an island or abroad without a companion.  The best solo vacation I've ever had was to California, I took a day trip to San Diego.
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2009 at 10:21pm
I knew someone that always went on those jazz cruises alone, she said she had a blast and no drama.
Boston View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 1:11am
I plan on going to either Iceland or Australia for my b day next year. No one wants to go with me  so I have decided to go by myself. I have done a lot of research on the subject and both these countries are really welcoming to minorities and woman travelers. The website below was really helpful in deciding where to go. It is a travel forum that has a section on minorities traveling abroad.

http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/graffiti15.html

sarakaun View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarakaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 5:32am
BostonRob,
Please go and have a great time. You won't regret it! I think Americans are so afraid of solo vacays and I don't understand why.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic